Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HUNTA84

Seagrave

Saw this and couldn’t help but draw parallels with us…

Has our expansion of the squad with utter dross created an unhappy workplace bulging with tension? We read about Seagrave being the problem because it’s led to a lack of togetherness, but perhaps it’s consciously or subconsciously a cover for filling the place with deadwood which is more of a problem for the club culture?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else who had a bad round of golf at Park Hill will remember what a depressing windswept place it could be when you are schlepping up the last two par 5 holes with the wind in your face having shanked and 5 putted around the hell hole.😂 Every time I see clips of training at Seagrave it looks windy AF and that’s horrible conditions to be playing/training football in. 

2 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Anyone else who had a bad round of golf at Park Hill will remember what a depressing windswept place it could be when you are schlepping up the last two par 5 holes with the wind in your face having shanked and 5 putted around the hell hole.😂 Every time I see clips of training at Seagrave it looks windy AF and that’s horrible conditions to be playing/training football in. 

They leveled most of the ground before they build alot of it, clean slate. Means you lose alot of the trees, which can act as a buffer. Same as St. George's Park, used to notice they had sapplings all around the boarders soon after it was completed, takes a while to bed the place in.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Have a good look around and make us an offer!

...there are a lot of people blaming Seagrave for a lot of our problems!!!

There is a resentment for the money being spent in this way, as opposed to players coming in. This is just a building, it is how we choose to utilise it that makes the difference.

6 minutes ago, sylofox said:

New rule.

If you win you can use the golf course.

If you lose we put 2 great whites in the pool.

Then you all have to do two lengths.

Show some fvcking effort

*piranhas.  They only eat dead flesh, so should help get rid of our zombies :P

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

An idea which I know wont be popular but here it comes.

Since we unlikely to be able to get rid of the big elephant, how about we move the first team back to Belvoir Drive but keep Seagrave for youth development, so it can still attract youngsters.  Keep the training facility small, and not too much luxury so players dont feel they have achieved everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Since we unlikely to be able to get rid of the big elephant, how about we move the first team back to Belvoir Drive but keep Seagrave for youth development, so it can still attract youngsters.  Keep the training facility small, and not too much luxury so players dont feel they have achieved everything.

I don’t think they’ve spent 100 million for it to be used for youth development. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

I don’t think they’ve spent 100 million for it to be used for youth development. 

No, but sometimes you have to hold your hand up and say I got it wrong.

Better footballing results, and youth players making it through would recoup 100 million anyway.  The more I think about it, the more that I think its youth investment that would ultimately make something like that worth it.

Edited by Chrysalis

Whilst drinking glass after glass of Rioja, I spoke to some Newcastle fans. Apparently they are looking to build a training ground near London to convince top players to join them. Perhaps we could rent this abomination out to them whilst it’s built? 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

...I feel people look at the team and the facilities at Seagrave and assume that the training facilities made them into pampered fools!!!

Our utilisation of the facility should have been the same as Belvoir Drive, if you use it properly we maximise our output. 

One of the reason for the build, would gave been as a usp, in order to encourage academy players to come to us, but once again  our recruitment has been half hearted and little effort or vision used to showcase, a very expensive but necessary addition for our development. 

The training ground has not made us complacent, the pervading environment that was fostered has done that. It has created  a group that lacks mental fortitude and a group of players lacking in any kind of mutual self awareness. 

6 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

It has nothing to do with Seagrave, blaming our demise on the fact we have built one of the best training facilities in Europe is clutching at straws.  The truth is this group of players, the management and coaching staff had become stale and mentally weak, we came into this season with too many in and around the club who had checked out and no longer buying into our plan. 

What if also shows is our recruitment strategy has failed to identify players with a strong mentality, top managers don’t just look at running, passing stats etc, they look at the personality & mentality. Over the last 3 or 4 years we have lost so many strong personalities and leaders, replacing them with more technically gifted players but unfortunately not replacing the leadership and strong mentality. 

Indeed. It just further reinforces how much of an utter failure the playing and coaching staff have been this season. 

On 09/05/2023 at 22:57, funkyrobot said:

easy solution 

KingMakers Multicolor Striped 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 Pole Beach Holiday Caravan  Camping Windbreak Tall Windbreakers - 4 Pole 4ft High x 7ft Long :  Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors