Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HUNTA84

Seagrave

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

There is a post above that suggests the first team should go back to Belvoir Drive.

I think Seagrave is a part of this years problems but we shouldn't dump it. Like many white elephant projects, we are going to have to work out how to work with it, both culturally and financially.  They certainly need to work out how it fits into the cultural 'existence' of the club, because at the moment it can only be associated with 2 things - failure, and that bloody £100 million price tag everyone goes on about.

But the thing i keep harping back to, Seagrave doesn't just turn Wout Faes and Victor K into PL juggernauts, and if it did, it wouldn't happen overnight. At the end of the day its just a place for them to do their business and if its a quiet, soulless place that bears no cultural resemblance to why they are at the football club, it can actually make the situation worse in the short term (which i think it has done).   A complex that cost a 1/3 of what Seagrave did would have served the same purpose, so right now looks lake a vanity project rather than something driving the club forward.

But at least John Terry can get a good nights sleep and play a round of golf.

• Like 1

I think Seagrave was and is a part of the long term project in developing our various youth teams and players moving up the age group teams, and we won’t see the fruits of this for a while, however the medical facility should be improving the injury situation, that’s the disappointment for me 

1 minute ago, Lad1966 said:

I think Seagrave was and is a part of the long term project in developing our various youth teams and players moving up the age group teams, and we won’t see the fruits of this for a while, however the medical facility should be improving the injury situation, that’s the disappointment for me 

The opposite at the moment, with younger players choosing or their parents are to jump ship to our neigbours.

Seagrave was conceived to take us to the next level. Unfortunately that level appears to be the Championship. 

I think the place is a massive part of the problem and you will need a strong, innovative, hands on manager to get the best out of the place. 

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Seagrave was conceived to take us to the next level. Unfortunately that level appears to be the Championship. 

I think the place is a massive part of the problem and you will need a strong, innovative, hands on manager to get the best out of the place. 

Maybe we should look into recruiting a top DofF? 🤔🤣

If you can’t afford to upgrade on the pitch, why upgrade to the monumental cost of 100 million off it?

The club did very little to celebrate the history of Belvoir Drive and the move currently represents the further blanding of the club’s heritage, by moving to part of the county that has very little association with the football club.

Edited by westernpark
Clarification
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

If you can’t afford to upgrade on the pitch, why upgrade to the monumental cost of 100 million off it?

The club did very little to celebrate the history of Belvoir Drive and the move currently represents the further blanding of the club’s heritage, by moving to part of the county that has very little association with the football club.

Is the training grounds location really this much of a big deal? Fair play if we built a new stadium out in the sticks but it’s the training ground. I can’t imagine fans of other clubs being this bothered by a new training ground 

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Puel would be ideal. For all the abuse he got and the crap footie he served up, he built one helluva team. 

Eduardo Macia  was critical to transfer success during that period

53 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Is the training grounds location really this much of a big deal? Fair play if we built a new stadium out in the sticks but it’s the training ground. I can’t imagine fans of other clubs being this bothered by a new training ground 

For me it is, but then maybe I am being anachronistic when I consider modern players in an old role. I want the players to be working in the city they’re representing, but this is probably such an irrelevant theory with players of today, when we consider the amounts of money involved and how it numbs them from normal folk. As for the stadium, I am currently researching the football’s built environment and its relationship with heritage, I personally believe that consumer preference means that people would not be as bothered about a stadium’s relocation, as they would be thirty years ago(I would be bothered).

• Like 1

One of our biggest errors. Turning our family orientated club into a fractions. 

We have gone all Man City when we aren’t a huge club.

Look what the likes of Luton, Bournemouth and Coventry can do with group /siege mentality. But now that won’t be there ever again with this facility dividing the club up.

12 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

An idea which I know wont be popular but here it comes.

Since we unlikely to be able to get rid of the big elephant, how about we move the first team back to Belvoir Drive but keep Seagrave for youth development, so it can still attract youngsters.  Keep the training facility small, and not too much luxury so players dont feel they have achieved everything.

move the men's team to Belvoir Drive, give the women's team seagrave given they've actually shown fight and a desire to stay up in two successive relegation battles while the blokes couldn't even manage half arsed play in their first one

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

After reading that some staff call it terminal 5 you can see that in some of the rooms. Large soulless grey boring boxes.

Now/this summer/next year, is the perfect time to fix that. 

Instead of these out of contract pros thinking they're the bee's knees. Take in a bunch of pros who won't have ever experienced facilities like ours, and watch the atmosphere change 

I was up at Seagrave yesterday. The facilities are absolutely outstanding. The issue is not the facility- the issue has been and is the management of the club at ALL levels, both here and at the ground. If the players are too comfortable at Seagrave then that’s down to how they are being managed, if players are getting injured there then that’s down to their fitness and medical management. If the players aren’t good enough then that’s down to recruitment etc etc. 

• Like 2