Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Reality is we had to sell him.

Until I see the proof in the pudding though, there's a massive worry about where goals and creativity is going to come from. 

image.png.a318921a54781ed3c6a772f7bbb7fb62.png

We scored 60 goals last season, and 45 of them came from this group of players. Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes gone. 

Iheanacho may well go. Daka might go or not be good enough. Vardy will be 37 during the season. 

Obviously we'll sign wingers/attackers/forwards between now and the end of the window, but this is the same recruitment system that has spectacularly failed in the last 2-3 windows...

Piroe :fc:

He should be 20+ goals if we got him

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Until I see the proof in the pudding though, there's a massive worry about where goals and creativity is going to come from. 

We scored 60 goals last season, and 45 of them came from this group of players. Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes gone. 

Iheanacho may well go. Daka might go or not be good enough. Vardy will be 37 during the season. 

Obviously we'll sign wingers/attackers/forwards between now and the end of the window, but this is the same recruitment system that has spectacularly failed in the last 2-3 windows...

Surely there’s some double counting in there though?! 

ie. It’s not 45/60 as some of those will be Maddison assisting Barnes say. Which is only 1 goal, but you’re counting that as 2 goal contributions? 

1 minute ago, Foxes96 said:

ie. It’s not 45/60 as some of those will be Maddison assisting Barnes say. Which is only 1 goal, but you’re counting that as 2 goal contributions? 

Goals. Not goal contributions. 

We scored 60 goals across all competitions. That group of players scored 45 goals between them. 

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

To be fair, because a lot of people are going with the lost goal scorers angle, both Maddison and Barnes were woeful at defending and part of our starting 11 relegated team. They were the main attacking outlets for us so ofcourse they scored highly. I think we wanted Barnes to be selfish which gets him goals but barely any assists, Maddison was also selfish, too selfish in the second half of last season wasn't he... We always heard from the Northern Irish fraud how he wanted more players to chip in with goals and it never quite happened. 

I'm not worried:

- Vardy vs Championship defenders and Goalkeepers.

- Maddison position in the team replaced.

- Barnes position replaced.

We will score goals and lots of them.

1 minute ago, Foxes96 said:

It’s the based upon Saudi Accounting Protocols. So fine.

1 minute ago, RedSoxUK said:

I'm not worried:

- Vardy vs Championship defenders and Goalkeepers.

- Maddison position in the team replaced.

- Barnes position replaced.

We will score goals and lots of them.

But...this is exactly my point...?

Vardy = will he be good enough and play enough at 37?

Maddison replacement = will he be good enough? Can we trust the club to sign a player who replaces even half his contribution?

Barnes = as above

• Like 1

Clearly has his limitations but when on song he's fantastic and we'll miss his output and energy.

Anyone booing him if and when he lines up against us needs their head checking.

And those saying 'good riddance', exactly what more do you want from a guy who grew up in the county and represented the club in the PL and Champions League, won the FA Cup, posted impressive numbers even in a relegation season, and is going to provide us with circa £40m to help rebuild the squad after his manager and the club's owners basically played chicken with each other all season, which was the real cause of the relegation?

• Like 3

I’m confident we can replace Barnes’ goals through others, new signings and our general better and more cohesive play under Maresca.

Very few assists from Barnes last season. Heavily reliant on pace which will start to deteriorate after a couple more seasons. 

I’m just not as gutted as others about him going, especially for this fee. Feel he lacks technical ability and hasn’t much of a footballing brain. 

Can see him having an injury or two in the future and it affecting his pace/acceleration. (See Pato, Sturridge etc)

Decent money. Reinvest in 3 more players. 
We go again. 

Gutted about this, him and KDH were the two I wanted us to keep. Everyone talking about 40m will give us 2/3 new players, I’m not that confident in us being able to pull it off, especially knowing our track record of replacing wingers that do well for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Maddison replacement = will he be good enough? Can we trust the club to sign a player who replaces even half his contribution?

Barnes = as above

Daka will score too and @Finnegan has made some good points on that 😁

At the moment we're still assembling the squad, it's premature to be worried who knows who we'll bring in. We weren't keeping those players so it's pointless being concerned for their loss of goals as that was inevitable. Anyone who thinks we were keeping them need a reality check. 

All of this is a consequence of relegation we have to rebuild / cut costs and there is no guarantee it will work. We're here now and losing our best players and taking risks is WHAT will happen.

Can I suddenly trust they've resolved the systematic flaws they've had with recruitment (amongst other things) in a few months, no, but I've got my season ticket and will go along for the ride anyway. 

I think we've made some good signings so far and I hope some creativity and wingers are next - which by all rumours looks like we at least in the market to do that. Let's see. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Daka will score too and @Finnegan has made some good points on that 😁

At the moment we're still assembling the squad, it's premature to be worried who knows who we'll bring in. We weren't keeping those players so it's pointless being concerned for their loss of goals as that was inevitable. Anyone who thinks we were keeping them need a reality check. 

All of this is a consequence of relegation we have to rebuild / cut costs and there is no guarantee it will work. We're here now and losing our best players and taking risks is WHAT will happen.

Can I suddenly trust they've resolved the systematic flaws they've had with recruitment (amongst other things) in a few months, no, but I've got my season ticket and will go along for the ride anyway. 

I think we've made some good signings so far and I hope some creativity and wingers are next - which by all rumours looks like we at least in the market to do that. Let's see. 

That's exactly what I'm saying. 

I'm not lamenting the loss of the players (which we all agree was inevitable with combination of relegation, contract situation and value of asset), I'm simply saying, thay crop of players demonstrably scored 75% of our goals, and yes we will replace them, but if those replacements are anything like the type of player we have signed in the last 18-24 months (i.e not good enough), then we will struggle. 

So I'm not trying to be pessimistic per se, I'm simply pointing out the risk we are vulnerable to

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Piroe is not the FUCHING Messiah. 

No, but he is the sort of big, bull headed and aggressive type we need to get us 20+ goals this season at least. Mitrovic was terrifying for Fulham , if he is 60% as good , he will do fine.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

That's exactly what I'm saying. 

I'm not lamenting the loss of the players (which we all agree was inevitable with combination of relegation, contract situation and value of asset), I'm simply saying, thay crop of players demonstrably scored 75% of our goals, and yes we will replace them, but if those replacements are anything like the type of player we have signed in the last 18-24 months (i.e not good enough), then we will struggle. 

So I'm not trying to be pessimistic per se, I'm simply pointing out the risk we are vulnerable to

We're very vunerable as the recruitment apparatus that made us a success has slowly been changed for the worst. We very well may struggle, lots needs to be changed. 

The next few weeks will be interesting. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Barnes = as above

Vardy is still the same guy from 8/9 years ago in most people's mind 

And don't worry about it on the other 2 , position replaced.

So as long as the delusions manifest into reality, we're golden. :D