Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

41 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It wasn't just the high wages, the unsuitable players we needed to shed, we need to purge the mentality, to shed the malaise of Rodgers tenure. The fact we seem to be basically cauterizing his latter period is extremely positive and exciting and the only really way a proper reset or rebuild could occur. This is quite possible the most excited I have been (about the club) for ages   lol

My thoughts entirely!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Man. City were a nobody club 20 years ago. Money , in the end, makes the difference. There will never be a level playing field again.

... and that is what has killed watching the PL for me!.... 

In so many ways I'm looking forward to our Championship campaign rather than hearing all the constant drivel surrounding the money clubs!!... 

Hopefully they'll all have fvcked off to a European 'Superleague' by the time we return!! 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

I absolutely hate it and it pisses me right off but your bang on

I absolutely hate the idea of it to mate - but the reality is there are so many of those excuse for players that don’t give a monkeys about us or our club - we got it wrong massively after getting it so right for so long - onwards and upwards 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jv1 said:

I absolutely hate the idea of it to mate - but the reality is there are so many of those excuse for players that don’t give a monkeys about us or our club - we got it wrong massively after getting it so right for so long - onwards and upwards 

How much of was down to finishing 5th? We had to expand the squad for Europa League/Conf with what turned out to be crap quality and mentality. If we had finished 4th and got CL would we have brought in better quality and mentality? Perhaps, perhaps not. 

Also not maintaining the model of selling at peak value, and instead keeping was a huge colossal mistake. Thing is though if we had lost Rodgers and Tielemans etc when they had peak value, I’m sure we’d have been accused of lacking ambition etc. If we believe reports, Rodgers was instrumental in ditching the model that had served us so well 😠 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

How much of was down to finishing 5th? We had to expand the squad for Europa League/Conf with what turned out to be crap quality and mentality. If we had finished 4th and got CL would we have brought in better quality and mentality? Perhaps, perhaps not. 

Also not maintaining the model of selling at peak value, and instead keeping was a huge colossal mistake. Thing is though if we had lost Rodgers and Tielemans etc when they had peak value, I’m sure we’d have been accused of lacking ambition etc. If we believe reports, Rodgers was instrumental in ditching the model that had served us so well 😠 

Yep all valid and agree with most of what you say - so many ifs, buts and maybes - it was a hell of a blast - what a 10yr period we had - wouldn’t change it for the world - we go again - all of us will still be there - it’s all about hope - hope that our new heroes can bring the the love back to our club 

Edited by jv1
  • Thanks 1

He’ll do great I think. 
Okay business for us and bit of a bargain for them based on his numbers in the prem. 

Hope we can reinvest. The trouble comes when you spend 15M on another (ghezzel) and he turns out to be shite and it’s just money burnt. 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

A major loss for us in terms of G/A.

I’m slightly concerned where we’re going to get goals from at the moment, 

Don’t Fuching worry. We don’t need Daka or Nacho either, apparently. Some bloke called Piroe is going to come in and smash about 40 goals and provide 20 assists. It’ll be fine. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sly said:

A major loss for us in terms of G/A.

I’m slightly concerned where we’re going to get goals from at the moment, 

I'm majorly concerned. We've got absolutely no-one who creates and scores goals under Maresca currently. This is a far worse prospect than he had when he walked through the door defensively. Our issues defensively were more of a coaching deficiency and the team just stopped working together. 

We've now surely got one of the most ridiculous defences there is, we now need a big turnover of midfielders and attacking players. Let's hope we can do it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm majorly concerned. We've got absolutely no-one who creates and scores goals under Maresca currently. This is a far worse prospect than he had when he walked through the door defensively. Our issues defensively were more of a coaching deficiency and the team just stopped working together. 

We've now surely got one of the most ridiculous defences there is, we now need a big turnover of midfielders and attacking players. Let's hope we can do it.

No, we had historic deficiencies and confidence issues defensively and those are as resolved as they are going to be and offensively we are now looking ant addressing the issues, just have some patience. We could never do it one big bang, as we had to stagger it with sales I am assuming, and I utterly reject we needed offensive reinforcements first, it had to be this way around I reckon.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we have to also bear in mind players will have multiple more chances under this system and in this league. I think collectively Maresca’s team will score more than both BR and DS Teams combined. 

I would say in this formation there is going to be less demand on individuals scoring and more of a collective effort.

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

As I said earlier in the thread - we’ve lost or there’s big question marks over players who scored 75% of our goals last season…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

As I said earlier in the thread - we’ve lost or there’s big question marks over players who scored 75% of our goals last season…

Makes me curious what people believed this rebuild would look like

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Not sure who that’s aimed at or what angle you’re taking lol

You seem to be suggesting the post was pursuing some agenda and not some youth like innocent enquiry

I have never been so scandalised   :innocent:

• Haha 1