Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

It's a bit of a while till we play the game in hand so may have to bear with Leeds being on top until then. I just hope this doesn't get into the players heads. It's still very much in our hands but these things and seeing the gap widen on a bad result can make them nervous 

Edited by HybridFox

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I had Norwich in their shite away games, along with Cov and Hull

Norwich Ipswich at Carrow Road, i certainly wouldnt put it past norwich to win it

place will be rocking that day i suspect, 1230 ko too

Guest glasgowfox
59 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The run Leeds are on is better than anything we’ve done all season

Depends on what you call a run...we have played one game less and level on points...one game less and won more than them....some people easily forget we absolutely battered them at bell end road and if it was not for shite officials would have been 2 nil up and most likely gone on to win, meaning we would be 6 points clear with a game in hand....but I get your point we are shite :dunno::dunno::dunno::wub:

Just now, glasgowfox said:

Depends on what you call a run...we have played one game less and level on points...one game less and won more than them....some people easily forget we absolutely battered them at bell end road and if it was not for shite officials would have been 2 nil up and most likely gone on to win, meaning we would be 6 points clear with a game in hand....but I get your point we are shite :dunno::dunno::dunno::wub:

Careful, admitting that sometimes our luck has been against us and the team aren't the worst of all time really annoys the people who are desperate for us to be shit.

• Like 1

Guest glasgowfox
Just now, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Careful, admitting that sometimes our luck has been against us and the team aren't the worst of all time really annoys the people who are desperate for us to be shit.

I agree...likely to get another moderator ban for positivity 😇 

7 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

The run from dec when we were 17 points ahead of them 🤔 in those 13 games they have conceded 3

13 hours ago, Col city fan said:

It’s looking like Leeds are gonna win it.

From the position we were in, I’m still struggling to get my head around it

Believe me, Leeds fans are struggling to get our heads around it to a similar degree.  Of all things to happen this season, I never saw this scenario.  It's taken an almost absurd winning streak from us and a surprising loss of form from you, for it to happen.

There's a message in there though.  Without doubt, Ipswich and Leeds are now the "form horses" so you'd expect them to take the top two positions.  Yet 13 games ago, you'd have put a considerable amount of money at poor returns, on Leicester winning the whole thing comfortably.  Ipswich looked like a spent force 7 or 8 games ago and all of a sudden, found themselves again and have gone on another superb run.

What looks inevitable now can look nothing of the sort in just a few games and football at this level is quite unpredictable.  Especially this season.  A good result in the next game, Leicester find confidence again, are back top and start another great run of their own.  Could happen.  Anything could happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Believe me, Leeds fans are struggling to get our heads around it to a similar degree.  Of all things to happen this season, I never saw this scenario.  It's taken an almost absurd winning streak from us and a surprising loss of form from you, for it to happen.

There's a message in there though.  Without doubt, Ipswich and Leeds are now the "form horses" so you'd expect them to take the top two positions.  Yet 13 games ago, you'd have put a considerable amount of money at poor returns, on Leicester winning the whole thing comfortably.  Ipswich looked like a spent force 7 or 8 games ago and all of a sudden, found themselves again and have gone on another superb run.

What looks inevitable now can look nothing of the sort in just a few games and football at this level is quite unpredictable.  Especially this season.  A good result in the next game, Leicester find confidence again, are back top and start another great run of their own.  Could happen.  Anything could happen.

Anything could happen. 

You mean like the club second in the league on goal difference and with a game in hand MIGHT get automatically promoted? Well fvck me, I'd never have thought it. 

• Haha 1

Just now, sbfox said:

Anything could happen. 

You mean like the club second in the league on goal difference and with a game in hand MIGHT get automatically promoted? Well fvck me, I'd never have thought it. 

I was directly addressing the widespread suggestion that because Leeds and Ipswich are the teams in form and Leicester's form is terrible, that this will inevitably continue until the end of the season, seeing Leicester finish in the playoffs.

7 hours ago, glasgowfox said:

Strange interpretation of what I said. They’ve won 12 and drawn 1 since the turn of the year.

In a similar timeframe, our best run was 11 wins and 1 defeat. They’ve been relentless and it’s no surprise that they caught us up. 

Guest glasgowfox
7 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

The run from dec when we were 17 points ahead of them 🤔 in those 13 games they have conceded 3

:dunno:so will that matter if we win the league.  Anyone can pick and choose a part of a season where one team is on a better run than another....so perhaps we will go on the same run as at the start of the season and so will Leeds scum :wub:

5 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

I was directly addressing the widespread suggestion that because Leeds and Ipswich are the teams in form and Leicester's form is terrible, that this will inevitably continue until the end of the season, seeing Leicester finish in the playoffs.

How dare you suggest such a thing lol

What you should say, to toe the party line is that Leeds are crap and Leicester will still finish 10 points ahead of them!

It’s very hard to see past Leeds finishing in the automatic spots now. You have the quality in your squad, a manager with the know how and the form and dare I say it, arrogance around your club (I don’t mean that in a bad way). You’d have to fall off a cliff yourselves to finish 3rd now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest glasgowfox
6 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Strange interpretation of what I said. They’ve won 12 and drawn 1 since the turn of the year.

In a similar timeframe, our best run was 11 wins and 1 defeat. They’ve been relentless and it’s no surprise that they caught us up. 

Maybe strange in your eyes but not in others

Edited by glasgowfox
Grammar

It's the ability to be completely blind to what has happened that gets me. Ipswich capitulated against Cardiff. Leeds should have lost to Hudds. These games are won on razor fine margins and I don't think any of the top 3 is in sparkling form. Some of you just enjoy drama. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

How dare you suggest such a thing lol

What you should say, to toe the party line is that Leeds are crap and Leicester will still finish 10 points ahead of them!

It’s very hard to see past Leeds finishing in the automatic spots now. You have the quality in your squad, a manager with the know how and the form and dare I say it, arrogance around your club (I don’t mean that in a bad way). You’d have to fall off a cliff yourselves to finish 3rd now.

They're on the same number of point as us. Of course they can finish 3rd. 

16 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Yeah but football isn't inevitable?

5 minutes ago, sbfox said:

They're on the same number of point as us. Of course they can finish 3rd. 

Did it say they can’t? No. I said ‘hard to see past’…..try reading before commenting yeah?

We may finish top ahead of Leeds. We may finish 3rd behind Leeds and Ipswich. But as I said in the post you haven’t read, they have everything clicking and bar a fall off the cliff in form, you can’t see ‘both’ us and Ipswich finishing ahead of them. I.e let’s say we pull our fingers out and get back ahead of Leeds, I’d still bank on them finishing ahead of Ipswich.

But the fact I said ‘hard to see past’ and ‘would have to fall off a cliff form wise’ is not exactly me saying it can’t happen is it?

Edited by LCFCJohn
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sbfox said:

Yeah but football isn't inevitable?

You haven’t taken the chap’s irony. He’s saying at some point the form has to turn because sustaining it for 20 games is record breaking/against the mean 

• Like 1

Looking at the top 3's remaining fixtures I'd say Leicester/Ipswich would be my top 2. Leeds have the toughest run in IMO and are due a slight downturn in form when they hit those fixtures. It should be enough as long as you start winning again and don't do anything silly, which you shouldn't. You've had your dip in form now same as Ipswich did at the turn of the year. Leeds turn is coming. 

• Like 4