Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Just now, sishades said:

Why would any Leicester enjoy losing???? Stupid comment.

Nah. Some people love to feel superior about their opinions. Maresca is too green. Doesn't play with passion. Not flexible enough. Been sussed out. All bollocke of course, y'know, but you see it every week on here - posters thrilled when we concede. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sishades said:

Why would any Leicester enjoy losing???? Stupid comment.

You know EXACTLY what I meant by saying that.

Of course I don't think they enjoy the losing aspect of it, but the getting one over on other fans on here.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

We had the biggest meltdown of all when a fan ran on the pitch and confronted our own goalkeeper. 

Negativity has always happened, but the internet didn’t exist for you to see it.

Yes. I know. And I'm saying it hasn't been good for how some of you enjoy football. 

Just now, Fox92 said:

We had the biggest meltdown of all when a fan ran on the pitch and confronted our own goalkeeper. 

Negativity has always happened, but the internet didn’t exist for you to see it.

Also, what about the protests outside Filbert Street calling for MON's head?

• Like 1

If no longer being top shakes our manager and players out of their lethargy and complacency, and gets them performing again, then it will be no bad thing.

Big ‘if’ though. 

1 minute ago, sbfox said:

Yes. I know. And I'm saying it hasn't been good for how some of you enjoy football. 

But there’s negativity in everything, when you’re passionate about something. Sport especially isn’t brilliant all the time. Surely that’s why glory hunters exist, because they want the good times only.

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I'll be glad when its all over and our fate is decided can't believe we have let such a big gap slip but that's football.

But our fate is 100% in our hands! Why so negative!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Maybe something to do with the fact it was 'in our hands' in 19/20, 20/21 & 22/23 and we fumbled it each time?

Yes, but we had never won the FA Cup until we did, never won the Premier League until we did. History need not repeat. 

• Like 2

I honestly think, if we go up, I'm jacking it in as a full time fan..

If we blow it, it'll be purgatory. I'll have to see it out..

Just want this over with. Go up, and I can send them on their way, become an armchair fan and spend my hard earned money on sugar babies instead 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

ffs - cant believe i have to write this. Firstly, there are 2 points in it and Chelsea have a game in hand.  Secondly, it doesn't mean that on any day any team will put in a performance befitting of that table position differential especially when you consider these are cup games where teams rotate their main squad. We beat Bournemouth a few weeks back whos 6 game form is better than Chelsea. Doesn't really mean anything at all. Chelseas biggest issue is putting any sort of consistent performance or run of performances together, but on any day they have the quality to put most team away.

For the record, i thought Cov played really well and for most of that game Wolves were really poor.  Would have backed us for a result against Wolves yesterday.

My point is Chelsea are in a Similar position to Wolves in the league. They actually beat them 2-4 at Stamford Bridge and Cov put in a much better account than ourselves. I bet Cov would. Have fancied Chelsea today as well. We are playing without confidence and pretty poorly at the min that’s all I’m saying. In the Championship promotion race this season we are out of form and need to turn it around ASAP or we’re ****ed 

Edited by dylanlegend

Compliancy set in in that 2nd half performance against Sheffield Wednesday - Great 45 minutes and then absolutely crap 2nd half 

We've not been the same since. 

My concern now is that we're relying on players potentially wanting away again or players that won't get a new contract such as Wilf, KDH and Winks 

After today they're likely to think they can cut it in a premier league team 

I really hope I'm wrong but it'll take some effort now and I can't see these players doing it - they'll be throwing excuses at it all the way i.e tired, late goals, refs decisions etc etc 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dylanlegend said:

We are playing without confidence and pretty poorly at the min that’s all I’m saying

If we're without confidence we've done well to come back from 2 down today and pretty much could have taken the game to Chelsea even more if there wasn't the red card. 

Some of the performances have been poor but I wouldn't say we're playing without confidence. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, but we had never won the FA Cup until we did, never won the Premier League until we did. History need not repeat. 

But I can completely understand and empathise with some of our fans who feel negatively about the run-in, and are fed up of the happy clapper brigade spouting, "it's still in our hands", however true it may be.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

If we're without confidence we've done well to come back from 2 down today and pretty much could have taken the game to Chelsea even more if there wasn't the red card. 

Some of the performances have been poor but I wouldn't say we're playing without confidence. 

Last 5 Games we are 20th in the league form table. Leeds and Ipswich are 1st and 2nd

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sbfox said:

But our fate is 100% in our hands! Why so negative!

Well, to be fair, it isn’t really. I don’t believe it’s possible we win all our remaining games. I also don’t believe Leeds and Ipswich do either. Luck will play a huge role over the course of the run in (looking at you Ipswich), as will the appetite of the opposition in each game to put a shift in. Then there are the referees, who’s incompetence could be the fine margin needed for one of the top 3. 

The preceding 37 games don’t mean much anymore, other than they got us into this position. What matters is what we do from here and hope one of the other 2 slip up more than we do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Compliancy set in in that 2nd half performance against Sheffield Wednesday - Great 45 minutes and then absolutely crap 2nd half 

My concern now is that we're relying on players potentially wanting away again or players that won't get a new contract such as Wilf, KDH and Winks 

I really hope I'm wrong but it'll take some effort now and I can't see these players doing it - they'll be throwing excuses at it all the way i.e tired, late goals, refs decisions etc etc 

Also been concerned this is the case as well, Faes, Vesty, KDH mainly.

3 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I would be quite surprised if Winks is wanting to leave or wants a new contract already

• Like 1