Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

So, I’ve just caned a few cans of Guinness (nitro serge) and the Irish blood has boiled and given me a renewed sense of optimism….

Nice! Is the Nitrosurge stuff worth it? Love a Guinness but can never bring myself not to have it down a pub.

So a hold prediction, we’re going to win all 9 remaining games.

Oh dear.....

ProMotion wrapped up against West Brom and title against Preston. 

Oh dear.....

Record in the bag, this is just Enzo and the boys teasing the league. 

Oh dear.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Nice! Is the Nitrosurge stuff worth it? Love a Guinness but can never bring myself not to have it down a pub.

Oh dear.....

Oh dear.....

Oh dear.....

Was just gonna ask this myself lol 

• Haha 1

Well no more buffer. It’s as clear as day now. Every game we have to win. If it’s meant to be Leeds may falter and we take it if we falter Leeds will take it. who has the more belief and hunger and fight?

Leeds have shown it we haven’t (so far or enough of it). Let’s see what happens….

After todays performance I'm reasonably optimistic......Ndidi back and looking good, KDH looking back to something like the player we know he is, 12 days rest and hopefully Ricardo (hopefully never to see Hamza as an inverted RB again) and Vardy back, and some very winnable fixtures coming up

I don't think we lose again this season

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, sbfox said:

I'm not going to call you anything, but even if it is a fact, how much further does it take us? I could point out that over all of the games this year, we're still level on points with a game in hand. 

Fair comment I hope we do it

I am not saying we won't but we need to buck our ideas up

Maybe we will! 

Edited by Trent Steel

We didn't, we had a dressing room with relegation written all over it, i predicted it, we let the players go that save points season before and what we had left weren't interested. These players have worked hard all season and won't want to blow it.

Screenshot_20240317_182549_Gallery.jpg

15 minutes ago, sbfox said:

In all seriousness, I know what you mean. It becomes all consuming. You watch it or listen to it on a Saturday. You'll watch the highlights that evening. In the meantime, you'll have been on Foxestalk, twitter, read the match reports, had some more banter on Foxestalk. There's no rest from it. Everyone is now an expert on tactics, everyone thinks they know best. It's brutal. It's why I jokingly said, "live a little" to someone else earlier, it had a grain of truth to it!

I follow another sport, not rugby thank God, and the scheduling and relative lack of popularity means that although there's always another game, its not as life consuming as football has become. 

This is why I’ve been enjoying the darts recently. There’s still an innocence and fun in watching it which doesn’t exist in football. 

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

This is why I’ve been enjoying the darts recently. There’s still an innocence and fun in watching it which doesn’t exist in football. 

Correct. 

Doesn't mean that I don't think you're unduly worrying about us though ;)

4 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Darts though just doesn’t have that same  taste has having to put 

more various all round challenges…No hiding behind the sofa emotions,

no high extasy  fallen dreams with a 11-14 player gameday squad…

plus 30k+ fans..

20 minutes ago, sbfox said:

Correct. 

Doesn't mean that I don't think you're unduly worrying about us though ;)

Tbh I have a lot going on and football which is usually the outlet is just compounding everything at the moment

53 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Darts!!..

What's the point?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't think we did. The scoreline flattered us. Chelsea were a shambles. 

However, they have the blueprint (so obvious it's been untrue) to stick long balls into our channels and turn the cs tre halves. 

The team selection was poor. His tactics - again - when down to ten were baffling. Their goals were inevitable..

Fatawu, Faes, Doyle were all sub standard. 

Down to 10, (and I said it at time) ,.pull off our big guns Mavidid, KDH and Wilf (we were risking KDH doing so much he'd end up like Ricardo) 

Send on Kels, JJ and Coady and go 

4 Faes, Coady, Vesty, JJ / 3 winks, Yunus Hamza / 2 Kels and Daka

You have to leave a threat ffs

i honestly dont know what people expect; do some of our fans really think we was going to beat chelsea? 

we gave a very good account of ourselves imo, while i think Faes and Fatawu werent great today; personally think everyone else was decent too

tbh, ill be glad when this season ends, cos the amount of debbie downers within our fanbase is shocking; we could win 20-0 and some would still find fault.

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I shouldn’t be amazed at the meltdown this weekend - this is from a self confessed pissy pants but it was very realistic chance the weekend would play out like it did 

The biggest annoyance is Ipswich continuing to chase down our goal difference. It was worth another point but its now not as certain.

9 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Ipswich have 3 tough away games plus Southampton and Middlesbrough at home in their last 8. Seeing them at Cardiff and against Bristol City the other week they could easily drop a lot more points

not forgetting theyve got Norwich away as well, 

Leeds have some tough ones too tbf, Hull, Coventry, Southampton, Boro, Watford too(under a new manager)

but as shown this season already the championship is an extremely unpredictable league

Everybody going on about the tricky fixtures Leeds and Ipswich have coming up.

Honestly since the turn of the year what have we seen from us that gives you confidence that all will be well and we’re about to hit some form?

2 of the 3 teams look like they believe they will win every game, the other looks terrified from minute one 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Everybody going on about the tricky fixtures Leeds and Ipswich have coming up.

Honestly since the turn of the year what have we seen from us that gives you confidence that all will be well and we’re about to hit some form?

2 of the 3 teams look like they believe they will win every game, the other looks terrified from minute one 

Can form not change? Ipswich had an awful run not long ago. How do you know the 4 points from 2 fairly tricky away games wasn't a turning point for us?

11 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

not forgetting theyve got Norwich away as well, 

Leeds have some tough ones too tbf, Hull, Coventry, Southampton, Boro, Watford too(under a new manager)

but as shown this season already the championship is an extremely unpredictable league

I had Norwich in their shite away games, along with Cov and Hull