Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Just now, dylanlegend said:

Last 5 Games we are 20th in the league form table. Leeds and Ipswich are 1st and 2nd

This exactly.  I said this and got a load of obscenities thrown at me and got called.a whinger and shouldn't be supporting the club 

I thought it was a discussion forum and I was presenting facts

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

But I can completely understand and empathise with some of our fans who feel negatively about the run-in, and are fed up of the happy clapper brigade spouting, "it's still in our hands", however true it may be.

Deluded fans!!!

• Haha 1

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

But I can completely understand and empathise with some of our fans who feel negatively about the run-in, and are fed up of the happy clapper brigade spouting, "it's still in our hands", however true it may be.

Oh for sure. It’s not personally in me to be negative, I do not see the point in it, it feels like a self fulfilling prophecy.  I see the why, the whole ‘Oh crap, we have seen this before’ vibe, but what is gained by being negative about the situation? Softening the blow? We are all different I guess..

• Like 1

This is the first time I've ever not seen us being promoted this season; horrible weekend for the football club

2 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

This exactly.  I said this and got a load of obscenities thrown at me and got called.a whinger and shouldn't be supporting the club 

I'm not going to call you anything, but even if it is a fact, how much further does it take us? I could point out that over all of the games this year, we're still level on points with a game in hand. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Well, to be fair, it isn’t really. I don’t believe it’s possible we win all our remaining games. I also don’t believe Leeds and Ipswich do either. Luck will play a huge role over the course of the run in (looking at you Ipswich), as will the appetite of the opposition in each game to put a shift in. Then there are the referees, who’s incompetence could be the fine margin needed for one of the top 3. 

The preceding 37 games don’t mean much anymore, other than they got us into this position. What matters is what we do from here and hope one of the other 2 slip up more than we do.

Ok, so ignoring luck and referees, two factors out of our control, then yes, it is still in our hands. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Last 5 Games we are 20th in the league form table. Leeds and Ipswich are 1st and 2nd

2 game form has us above Ipswich:ph34r:  None of this really means much.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

This is the first time I've ever not seen us being promoted this season; horrible weekend for the football club

But nothing has changed. Ipswich and Leeds did what we thought they would do, and for a lot of the game today we did alright against Chelsea. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hammo said:

If no longer being top shakes our manager and players out of their lethargy and complacency, and gets them performing again, then it will be no bad thing.

Big ‘if’ though. 

It won’t, we’re too bothered about pandering to pep’s perfect philosophy

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

Ok,they have played 1 game more than us but can you honestly see us winning the game in hand which is Southampton on current form.

I just don't get this thinking, Southampton is one of the 9 we have left to play, why is this one in particular the "game in hand"

15 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

I did too. We've ****ed it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

I just don't get this thinking, Southampton is one of the 9 we have left to play, why is this one in particular the "game in hand"

That was the game that was moved

Our full strength side wins games and we go on and win the league i believe, playing hamza inverted full back doesnt, or KDH right side 8 either. We have the quality to win them all. 

Edited by splinterdream
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, bluefox1 said:

Ok,they have played 1 game more than us but can you honestly see us winning the game in hand which is Southampton on current form.

Southamptons 6 game form is roughly the same as ours. Why think we lose before we kick a ball?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

But nothing has changed. Ipswich and Leeds did what we thought they would do, and for a lot of the game today we did alright against Chelsea. 

I don't think we did. The scoreline flattered us. Chelsea were a shambles. 

However, they have the blueprint (so obvious it's been untrue) to stick long balls into our channels and turn the cs tre halves. 

The team selection was poor. His tactics - again - when down to ten were baffling. Their goals were inevitable..

Fatawu, Faes, Doyle were all sub standard. 

Down to 10, (and I said it at time) ,.pull off our big guns Mavidid, KDH and Wilf (we were risking KDH doing so much he'd end up like Ricardo) 

Send on Kels, JJ and Coady and go 

4 Faes, Coady, Vesty, JJ / 3 winks, Yunus Hamza / 2 Kels and Daka

You have to leave a threat ffs

• Like 2

So, I’ve just caned a few cans of Guinness (nitro serge) and the Irish blood has boiled and given me a renewed sense of optimism….

So a hold prediction, we’re going to win all 9 remaining games. 

ProMotion wrapped up against West Brom and title against Preston. 

Record in the bag, this is just Enzo and the boys teasing the league. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

So, I’ve just caned a few cans of Guinness (nitro serge) and the Irish blood has boiled and given me a renewed sense of optimism….

So a hold prediction, we’re going to win all 9 remaining games. 

ProMotion wrapped up against West Brom and title against Preston. 

Record in the bag, this is just Enzo and the boys teasing the league. 

Admit it... you've had more than 10 cans!

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Don't like it but I'm not sure I care if we go up or not. Think I'm just falling out if love with it :cry:

In all seriousness, I know what you mean. It becomes all consuming. You watch it or listen to it on a Saturday. You'll watch the highlights that evening. In the meantime, you'll have been on Foxestalk, twitter, read the match reports, had some more banter on Foxestalk. There's no rest from it. Everyone is now an expert on tactics, everyone thinks they know best. It's brutal. It's why I jokingly said, "live a little" to someone else earlier, it had a grain of truth to it!

I follow another sport, not rugby thank God, and the scheduling and relative lack of popularity means that although there's always another game, its not as life consuming as football has become. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Our full strength side wins games and we go on and win the league i believe, playing hamza inverted full back doesnt, or KDH right side 8 either. We have the quality to win them all. 

We had the quality to not get relegated too.