Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Looking at the top 3's remaining fixtures I'd say Leicester/Ipswich would be my top 2. Leeds have the toughest run in IMO and are due a slight downturn in form when they hit those fixtures. It should be enough as long as you start winning again and don't do anything silly, which you shouldn't. You've had your dip in form now same as Ipswich did at the turn of the year. Leeds turn is coming. 

Leeds won't mind as long as they win the title of champions since the end of August they'll be fine.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

@Pub breath not sure this is that funny, perhaps if Rodon wasn't feigning taking a whack in the face he might of been able to soften his landing.

LOL.  It was, probably without any exaggeration, one of the most obvious penalties you're ever going to see.  Not only did he clean him out, he put a knee into his face and the only bit of him that touched the ball, was his hands.  He was on a yellow too.  Madness that this wasn't given and him not sent off.

50 seconds into this 

1 minute ago, Pub breath said:

LOL.  It was, probably without any exaggeration, one of the most obvious penalties you're ever going to see.  Not only did he clean him out, he put a knee into his face and the only bit of him that touched the ball, was his hands.  He was on a yellow too.  Madness that this wasn't given and him not sent off.

50 seconds into this 

Knee doesn't actually touch his face though does it? Rodon has crouched down, not as if Cooper has jumped in the air to do it. What did you make of Gnonto still being on the pitch?

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Knee doesn't actually touch his face though does it? Rodon has crouched down, not as if Cooper has jumped in the air to do it. What did you make of Gnonto still being on the pitch?

Aye, it does Tommy.  You can see his head rock back on impact.  Underside of the chin on his left side.  Not that it matters anyway, he's cleaned him out and punched the ball.  In what parallel universe is that not a penalty?

2 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Aye, it does Tommy.  You can see his head rock back on impact.  Underside of the chin on his left side.  Not that it matters anyway, he's cleaned him out and punched the ball.  In what parallel universe is that not a penalty?

Why's he holding his face then? Ref literally has a perfect view of it, do you really think he wouldn't give you a penalty and send him off if it was that obvious? Ignore the Gnonto point I see......

Edited by Tommy Fresh

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

What an absolute freak year, a real chance  top 3 teams could finish on 100+ points 

I've got this sense of calm this morning. I dont know why. Just think we are going to do it. By do it, I mean finish in the top 2. The title is a seperate thing. I'd love to win the league but as long as we are up, I'm fine with second. 

26 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

50 seconds into this 

He deserves a 10 match ban for that reaction alone lol 

Pathetic attempt at trying to cheat. The guy doesn't even touch his face and he's rolling round - which doesn't happen if you're caught in the head. Players that actually get hit in the head, are usually pretty damn still. lol

You've had a mare on this one haha.

13 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

What an absolute freak year, a real chance  top 3 teams could finish on 100+ points 

12 minutes ago, Pub breath said:

Looking highly likely.  About 2 points per game each.

Leicester 2.22ppg / 101.9pts

Leeds 2.16ppg / 99.3pts

Ipswich 2.13ppg / 98.1pts

Southampton 2.03ppg / 93.3pts

Crazy!

• Like 3

Even though we've got a game in hand, I'd rather be in Leeds situation, red hot form with 8 games to go. Any points dropped now are very difficult to recover and I don't think Enzo knows how to stop the rot. Even Ipswich have this never say die attitude, which makes every game winnable. Us on the other hand, once we concede, we're pretty much guaranteed to drop points.

• Like 1

Leeds are cruising this league now, there is no way they will lose another game and id be very surprised if they are not champions.

We have a 3 way battle not to end up in the playoffs. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Leeds are cruising this league now, there is no way they will lose another game and id be very surprised if they are not champions.

We have a 3 way battle not to end up in the playoffs. 

Everyone was saying the same kind of thing about Southampton when they were winning all the time and 20+ unbeaten

No guarantees in this league

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Leeds are cruising this league now

I watched half an hour yesterday in the second half and cruising they weren't. They were very very nervous and the game reminded me of games we've muddled through (Sheff Weds at home) and thought it'll be OK. 

Leeds are one defeat away from the kind of panic we now find ourselves in

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I watched half an hour yesterday in the second half and cruising they weren't. They were very very nervous and the game reminded me of games we've muddled through (Sheff Weds at home) and thought it'll be OK. 

Leeds are one defeat away from the kind of panic we now find ourselves in

So many who comment on this aren't watching any of the teams play. Someone made a comment about Southampton being excellent the other day, but the last few times I have watched them they've been really poor.  The run in is going to be vervy for everyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Ipswich v Southampton will be very, very interesting

Feel like how Ipswich fare against Southampton and Norwich will determine their fate. We really need to open the gap back up over these games.

Edited by Number 6

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

So many who comment on this aren't watching any of the teams play. Someone made a comment about Southampton being excellent the other day, but the last few times I have watched them they've been really poor.  The run in is going to be vervy for everyone.

A bitter sweet symphony?

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Feel like how Ipswich fair against Southampton and Norwich will determine their fate. We really need to open the gap back up over these games.

Let's not forget their games against Hull and Coventry also. 4 of their 8 are tricky 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

+1 for inventing a new word for very nervy

Edited by Nalis
  • Haha 2