Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

On 10/02/2024 at 14:11, Fear Of The Fox said:

Why do we want Ipswich to lose? Isn't it better for us to have them in the mix for 2nd place applying more pressure to Southampton and Leeds? 🤔

On 10/02/2024 at 14:11, ARM1968 said:

Are we actually celebrating Ipswich losing?  I’d prefer them to win personally and keep the three chasers concentrating on each other. 

On 10/02/2024 at 14:16, The Bear said:

You shouldn't care what they do unless they're playing Leeds or Saints. 

On 10/02/2024 at 14:13, coolhandfox said:

People still thinking Ipswich are getting 95 points plus lol

On 10/02/2024 at 14:17, DennisNedry said:

Just me wanting Ipswich to win?

There's no way in hell they're catching us and I'd much rather see them promoted than Southampton and Leeds. 

Remembered these from when a few of us on here had the cheek to celebrate Ipswich dropping points - thought they were bizarre takes then, and they've aged like milk.

3 minutes ago, Langston said:

Remembered these from when a few of us on here had the cheek to celebrate Ipswich dropping points - thought they were bizarre takes then, and they've aged like milk.

Still confident they don't get 95 points....

Charity bet if you want? 

9 minutes ago, Langston said:

I haven’t been in the “Ipswich can’t catch us” camp but not sure about bringing up old posts….each to their own but would personally let it go and say let’s hope they end up being right 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, when_you're_smiling said:

I actually want Leeds and Ipswich to win today to be honest. Clutching at straws but hoping it might wake our players up a bit.

Not even sure it'll do that. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, beepee1984 said:

Not Sure, don't rule out Southampton.

But we finish 4th, just so we can watch us fold in a 2 legged playoff against West Brom

Let’s be honest on current form you certainly wouldn’t mind playing us on current form, teams generally on a upward trajectory on good form do well in the playoffs 

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Southampton one nil up. Think the rest of the needs to be football free for me for my sanity.

The best thing for you mate, I've completely switched off whether we've won, drew or lost this season, mentally recharges you 🤣

• Haha 1

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

whats annoying is, all the defeats weve had this season we could have easily got something, we've missed some guilt edge chances in them too

think thats why im more annoyed with this one atm, cos its happening a fair bit 

That's 90% of Championship games though, even the crap teams have 3 or 4 good chances to beat the good teams and end up missing them.

Look how many chances we were giving away against Sheff Weds, Huddersfield, Cov, Rotherham at the start of the season.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That's 90% of Championship games though, even the crap teams have 3 or 4 good chances to beat the good teams and end up missing them.

Look how many chances we were giving away against Sheff Weds, Huddersfield, Cov, Rotherham at the start of the season.

ours seem to be better than just good chances, like today's, ones against leeds, Vardy's miss from 6yrds out against Boro(i think)

we are missing chances that on another day we score, thats the annoying part about how we are atm; like today Vardy should have scored least 2 for me

Coventry flying atm, got Leeds and Ipswich still, could be some entertaining games there

4 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

ours seem to be better than just good chances, like today's, ones against leeds, Vardy's miss from 6yrds out against Boro(i think)

we are missing chances that on another day we score, thats the annoying part about how we are atm; like today Vardy should have scored least 2 for me

Coventry flying atm, got Leeds and Ipswich still, could be some entertaining games there

They seem to be under no pressure, watching them float crossing in with no pace or direction, watching Fatawu do some stupid backheels, watching them just casually hit the ball at the GK with golden chances, I don't understand what's going on.

10 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Southampton still very much part of this. Four clubs involved. They finish what they've started today, win their game in hand, and they're just 3 points behind automatic promotion.

We will finish 4th when Saints win their game in hand and beat us 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

They seem to be under no pressure, watching them float crossing in with no pace or direction, watching Fatawu do some stupid backheels, watching them just casually hit the ball at the GK with golden chances, I don't understand what's going on.

im with you there, its like theyve left their brains at home at times with the decision making

• Like 2

We are getting battered on X etc. Nothing to be said in response today.

However, we've just got to hang in there; Enzo, players, fans. We are still very much in this notwithstanding our current form.

Let's hope teams can do us a favour today, get some encouragement from that, and win on Monday. 

4 hours ago, Langston said:

I'm usually a pessimist but I could never have envisaged just how badly the wheels would come off. Thanks for reminding me of happier times!