Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

12 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Norwich & West Brom losing as it stands.. Hull should be bang up for this if at least one of them loses 

I don't think it matters that much in Championship if teams are on the beach or not. You don't play well, you're wasteful, you play well and you have some bad luck, everything can happen. Young players in this league won't roll over even if they've already thinking about Mykonos, Ibiza or whatever. 

I think Hull win tonight and there will be a surprise drop out of either WBA or Norwich on the final day.

With Hull to go on and win the play offs on momentum. 

Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 up. If they complete the job next week, Danny Rohl is manager of the season for me (close with McKenna). McKenna has done a fantastic job but does have a settled squad. The mess Rohl inherited with something like 6 points by mid November and the owner they have, the job he has done is phenomenal!

• Like 2

Recent results kind of reinforce that you never know what you’re going to get in the run-in:

Leicester 5 - 0 Saints

QPR 4 - 0 Leeds

and today

Sheff Wednesday 3 - 0 West Brom

Cardiff 0 - Boro 4 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Blackburn beat us in the last game if they don’t secure safety today 

Can I say I really really don't care anymore and can we close this thread as soon as......

We are back where we belong PREMIER LEAGUE!!!!

Oh aside from hoping Cov finish as low as possible AND Leeds DON'T go up, ideally West Brom, Hull or Norwich as then they'll be 2 teams worse than us next season at least

Edited by The boy Linacre

5 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Thinking alike posting at the same time!

I think given they’ve been down in the bottom 3 all season most fans won’t have really understood what’s going on at that club, most won’t even know who was there at the start of the season and know that Danny took over in one of the worst positions I’ve ever seen someone recover from. 
The job he’s done there is incredible. 

If we had stayed down and Wednesday went down also, I’d not hesitate to give Danny a crack at us. They had a bit of a blip and they’ve thrown some games away, but for him to come in with Wednesday what 10 points adrift from safety or was it more? With genuine league 1 quality squad and to pull them together and rally the fans around him, spectacular work.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

Can I say I really really don't care anymore and can we close this thread as soon as......

We are back where we belong PREMIER LEAGUE!!!!

Oh aside from hoping Cov finish as low as possible AND Leeds DON'T go up, ideally West Brom, Hull or Norwich as then they'll be 2 teams worse than us next season at least

Yes, let’s close the thread because you don’t care anymore ….

….. or alternatively we could just wait until after the last round of fixtures ;)