Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

10 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Ipswich will hopefully seal promotion over the next week and boy do they deserve it, but if they go into the prem with that defence then it’s likely to be horrific for them. They’ll need a couple of shrewd investments. 

Was just thinking the same thing watching their highlights.

Nice bit of Ipswich luck for the first goal as well, defender miss kick falling straight to Hurst.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Was just thinking the same thing watching their highlights.

Nice bit of Ipswich luck for the first goal as well, defender miss kick falling straight to Hurst.

Was offside too. 

Well it will go down to the last day no matter what. 

Leeds and Ipswich both have to go full strength which I imagine Southampton won't have to. Crazy Norwich could still lose out too. 

Makes for a great day Saturday.

8 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Didn’t realise he moved to Chelsea. Surely opens up the possibility of a permanent move. One player who has impressed every time I’ve seen him. Glides on the pitch. 

Trouble with that is you'd be signing him for Fats position.

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Two possibilities:

To cry in his Hovis; and/or

To find a cut off point in the season after which Leeds have the most points so he can claim that they're actually the best team. 

FWIW… the two options you provided aren’t mutually exclusive! 

I didn't realise how bad things had got for Birmingham. Getting rid of Eustace and appointing Rooney always looked a bad move but bloody hell it's been catastrophic for them. Tom Brady not bringing the winning mentality with him either.

Their fans will surely be absolutely seething if they go down. 

Edited by ajthefox
Typo

I know they have had every chance not to end up going down in the past 2 years but you have to feel for Huddersfield in a way, robbed against Forest in one of the most ‘Jon Moss’ performances you’ll see and then two years later are in League 1!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I didn't realise how bad things had got for Birmingham. Getting rid of Eustace and appointing Rooney always looked a bad move but bloody hell it's been catastrophic for them. Tom Brady not bringing the winning mentality with him either.

Their fans will surely be absolutely seething if they go down. 

I had a few quid on them to make the playoffs after Rooney got the push but they never got it together again. 

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Was offside too. 

Well it will go down to the last day no matter what. 

Leeds and Ipswich both have to go full strength which I imagine Southampton won't have to. Crazy Norwich could still lose out too. 

Makes for a great day Saturday.

I dreamt Hull got promoted  Friday night so put £10 on at 50/1 Saturday morning.

What is it with Yorkshire. 

This kids dad is trying to play the sympathy card after he conned the Sheffield Wednesday Chairman into a selfie then behaved like a dick.

I listened to a Leeds podcast yesterday after absolutely slating the player’s for Friday night they then went onto say how no one would like to play them at Wembley with the talent they have up front. ;)

Is there something in the water up there? 

7 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

Leeds have still got a really good chance. If they beat Southampton they only need one Ipswich loss because of their goal difference.

If Ipswich play like they did last night against a already on the beach Coventry they will take them apart. 

Hull had something to play for last night. Cov have nothing really. Plus if Cov do win they hand their 'rivals' the title. 

Edited by goose2010
  • Like 2

I think on paper Leeds will have too much for the other sides in the playoffs assuming they don't get automatic. However momentum is so key and if Hull squeeze in last day I wouldn't put it past them to go all the way like Blackpool did with Holloway all those years ago.

11 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

Leeds have still got a really good chance. If they beat Southampton they only need one Ipswich loss because of their goal difference.

I don’t want to live in a world where Cov beat Ipswich. Cov are knackered and have nothing left to do. Even a draw makes it all sweeter as it gives Leeds a little more hope. Let’s get our job done tomorrow and support Ipswich against Cov. Want Leeds in those playoffs. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Didn’t realise he moved to Chelsea. Surely opens up the possibility of a permanent move. One player who has impressed every time I’ve seen him. Glides on the pitch. 

I was apoplectic that Hutchinson left Arsenal U21 only to go to Chelsea U21s when he was very much ready for 1st team football. Possibly not at the top end of the Prem but most definitely lower Prem or any Championship side.

I have been raving about him ever since he ripped us apart in an academy game a few years ago. He was exactly the sort of player we needed under Rodgers and would have been an excellent alternative to Fatawu, i.e instead of Yunus.

I'd love us to offer Chelsea £10m + add ons for him and see if they'd be tempted.

16 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

Equally, we could dig Brum out next week 10 years and 1 day after we did the very same thing.

I'm still annoyed about that. 

The only time I've ever wanted us to throw a game to save Doncaster and Dickov.