Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

Love the Championship. Grew up watching us a lot in the old first division so still have a lot of nostalgia for it.

It’s just a shame that being in it now equates to financial ruin if you’ve been relegated.

You almost can’t seem to enjoy it for what it is when you have that hanging over you.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

I think if Coventry beat Ipswich, then Leeds will go up automatically, and personally I'd prefer that to be the outcome.

tbf could go either way, given form of late but they are playing Southampton who've lost 3 on the bounce

its a big if at for Cov to beat Ipswich atm; wouldnt shock me if it ended in a score draw; but as you said a loss puts the ball in Leeds court again thanks to their better GD

31 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Love the Championship. Grew up watching us a lot in the old first division so still have a lot of nostalgia for it.

I’m guessing you mean the old second division :)

I’m still trying to get my head around League 1 being the third tier of English football :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I’m still trying to get my head around League 1 being the third tier of English football :rolleyes:

I still think of them as four divisions. Which they are.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If Ipswich do miss out (actually, even if they don’t), please can we do everything to get Hutchinson in on loan from Arsenal. As a ball carrier, his skills are all there. Very good player. 

Not sure Chelsea will be happy with Arsenal loaning out their player.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Izzy said:

This must be confusing for the French. Their best teams play in their League One. Mind you, they get confused about a lot of things

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure Chelsea will be happy with Arsenal loaning out their player.....

Didn’t realise he moved to Chelsea. Surely opens up the possibility of a permanent move. One player who has impressed every time I’ve seen him. Glides on the pitch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Would love to see that Gav's face when Cov beat Ipswich and hands us the title if we don't beat Preston  lol

Is that Gav guy definitely a Coventry fan and not just a Leicester fan's account made to take the piss out of Coventry?

This season again is proof of how ridiculous it is that they nominate the candidates for manager of the season with a few games left. How can Farke possibly have made the top three now?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

Any specific reason ? 

Yes. Grew up in Leeds and despite me being a Leicester fan since the mid 1970's, my mum and dad, (90 and 89 years old respectively), my brother, my son-in-laws, one of my daughters, (the other's Leicester), three granchildren, (one is Leicester) and mates are all Leeds. I'd like it for them.

It also means we win the Championship. I can see us messing up at Preston after the celebrations, and if it came down to the final day, where we've got Blackburn fighting for their lives, and they've got an already relegated Huddersfield, I wouldn't fancy it.

Also their six defeats is way too tidy against our ten, especially when we should have beaten them twice. To see them finish with eight would redress things nicely.

As for why I think Leeds would win, I just think they'd both win their final games, and Leeds would go up because of goal difference.

Edited by Twitcher
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Didn’t realise he moved to Chelsea. Surely opens up the possibility of a permanent move. One player who has impressed every time I’ve seen him. Glides on the pitch. 

We will end up signing Raheem Sterling 😳

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

This season again is proof of how ridiculous it is that they nominate the candidates for manager of the season with a few games left. How can Farke possibly have made the top three now?

Yeah, should be done after not only the season but the playoff too. The only stand out candidates for manager of the season for me at the minute are McKenna and Rohl if Wednesday stay up.

Ipswich will hopefully seal promotion over the next week and boy do they deserve it, but if they go into the prem with that defence then it’s likely to be horrific for them. They’ll need a couple of shrewd investments. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 1