Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

17 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

I remember a stat when we played Huddersfield - their first home game of the season has been against the team that wins the league for the past few years. looks like its happened again

Fourth time in a row. I think 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I was apoplectic that Hutchinson left Arsenal U21 only to go to Chelsea U21s when he was very much ready for 1st team football. Possibly not at the top end of the Prem but most definitely lower Prem or any Championship side.

I have been raving about him ever since he ripped us apart in an academy game a few years ago. He was exactly the sort of player we needed under Rodgers and would have been an excellent alternative to Fatawu, i.e instead of Yunus.

I'd love us to offer Chelsea £10m + add ons for him and see if they'd be tempted.

He’d fit right in as a winger. 

But honestly, and bear with me. The way he carries the ball AND uses it, there’s a number 10 there. Honestly, watching him yesterday (and previously) you get Maddison/Gibbs-white vibes from him. 

I agree, he is so ready for at least lower end PL. 

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

He’d fit right in as a winger. 

But honestly, and bear with me. The way he carries the ball AND uses it, there’s a number 10 there. Honestly, watching him yesterday (and previously) you get Maddison/Gibbs-white vibes from him. 

I agree, he is so ready for at least lower end PL. 

Yeah I view him as an Akgün type attacking midfielder who you deploy where the game requires you to but he's got far more pace and strength to play against most opposition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah I view him as an Akgün type attacking midfielder who you deploy where the game requires you to but he's got far more pace and strength to play against most opposition.

Ipswich go up, think he'll go there sadly

So some Coventry fans wouldnt trade the last 10 yrs theyve had for the last 10 weve had...

sure they wouldnt, weve dont f all havent we  :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Incredibly there are only 2 clubs in the Championship that haven't lost in their last 6 league games.

That just shows how topsy-turvy things have become.

It's a properly contested league unlike the Premiership.

We're just so lucky we got of to a flying start and stole a big lead which proved vital in the end for us.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I was apoplectic that Hutchinson left Arsenal U21 only to go to Chelsea U21s when he was very much ready for 1st team football. Possibly not at the top end of the Prem but most definitely lower Prem or any Championship side.

I have been raving about him ever since he ripped us apart in an academy game a few years ago. He was exactly the sort of player we needed under Rodgers and would have been an excellent alternative to Fatawu, i.e instead of Yunus.

I'd love us to offer Chelsea £10m + add ons for him and see if they'd be tempted.

Ipswich surely will want him if they go up.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

After fofana and drinkwater I have a feeling they’ll be telling us to get fcuked lol

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes they may, and ordinarily you'd think we'd be more capable of getting him but maybe not. 

Our Director of Football will have it all worked out and under control.

• Haha 1

I can see on the last day end like this

1) Leicester

2) Ipswich 

------------------------

3) Leeds

4) Southampton

5) Norwich (Promoted via play offs) it's going to be Leeds v Norwich final

6) West Brom

------------------------

Bottom

19) Blackburn

20) Sheff Weds

21) Plymouth

--------------------------

22) Birmingham

23) Huddersfield

24) Rotherham

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

image.png?ex=663121b1&is=662fd031&hm=8492538d2a07c7976a568f4b81cf063de896da4b0bd8a8a588106b51de516fc1&=
the tv fixtures for the last day

Potentially a lot riding on the last day.

One automatic spot fought over 2nd and 3rd

2 play off spots that 3 teams are fighting over

and up to 5 teams can technically fighting over the last 2 relegation spaces 

26 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

image.png?ex=663121b1&is=662fd031&hm=8492538d2a07c7976a568f4b81cf063de896da4b0bd8a8a588106b51de516fc1&=
the tv fixtures for the last day

To be expected. We might have been next in line if we don’t win the title tonight with Blackburn having to play for safety. Or Plymouth v Hull with two things riding on it.

Interesting aside there actually.

Birmingham (22nd) v Norwich (5th) and Plymouth (21st) v Hull (7th). 

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

To be expected. We might have been next in line if we don’t win the title tonight with Blackburn having to play for safety. Or Plymouth v Hull with two things riding on it.

Interesting aside there actually.

Birmingham (22nd) v Norwich (5th) and Plymouth (21st) v Hull (7th). 

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Very surprised Plymouth vs Hull hasn't made it. 

im surprised the plymouth game isnt on too tbf, but i guess they want non autos tears in leeds, although all goals will be shown pretty much real time too

kinda gutted as wont get to see the tears till later on 

Just now, The Guvnor said:

Would like Ipswich to join us in the PL , what they have achieved on their budget is incredible.

Same, would love them to pretty much see it through against Cov too.