Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

The Championship Thread 2023/2024

13 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Bonus in the Hull vs Ipswich match tonight.

Ipswich win then it screws Leeds, Hull win and the title is almost ours.

Ipswich will take hudders on the last day. So ideal is lose today, and they beat cov and hudders ending on 95 points screwing leeds. We would just need 1 point to be champions.  

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Just looked, 3 points (3 draws and no wins) from 12 games when he took over. They were 9 points adrift from 4th bottom at that early stage.

I agree with you, it doesn’t look much without the context. He joined a club in crisis with zero momentum from promotion as Chansiri had already seen to that. Chansiri is a very lucky man that Rohl has took the pressure off him.

So unless I’m missing something, 33 championship matches in charge, 47 points since he took over, 1.42points per match. 
Over a 46 game season he would be on for 65 points. 9th with a League 1 squad bar maybe 3-4  players. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Ipswich will take hudders on the last day. So ideal is lose today, and they beat cov and hudders ending on 95 points. We would just need 1 point to be champions.  

I think Ipswich would be very happy with a point tonight as they need 5pts from 3 games, Hull only a win will do. 

A draw tonight leaves us needing 2pts from two games to win the title.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

I think Ipswich would be very happy with a point tonight as they need 5pts from 3 games, Hull only a win will do. 

Blackburn will be tricky for us next Saturday, they need a point to survive 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Ipswich might be happy with that, but i would be happier with what i said :) 

32 minutes ago, Gerard said:

But only a point tonight means they know they’d need a result from the Coventry game. 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

But only a point tonight means they know they’d need a result from the Coventry game. 

I'm sure they'd take a draw at both Hull and Coventry and back themselves to win at home the final day of the season.

A draw tonight still gives them some leeway.

Play offs could potentially be a bin fire. Either Leeds or Ipswich who will have bottled it, Southampton in dreadful form, West Brom in dreadful form (although looked good last week) and then Norwich. Hull could do it with a win today but even then they’re hardly setting the world alight. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonny_wright said:

Blackburn will be tricky for us next Saturday, they need a point to survive 

Equally they'll be under huge pressure knowing they may need a result. I'm sick of utter dog shit fighting for their lives and seemingly being able to navigate the game better against us who were fighting from promotion with a vastly superior squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Equally they'll be under huge pressure knowing they may need a result. I'm sick of utter dog shit fighting for their lives and seemingly being able to navigate the game better against us who were fighting from promotion with a vastly superior squad.

Ric it's time to be happy and chill.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Utter dogshit that beat Leeds away. 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Tbh with the weight off of our shoulders, I think we batter all comers. 

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Utter dogshit that beat Leeds away. 

But you get my point, they're crap. They've got 50 points in 45 games, with a striker who's scored about 30 goals this season. Not having it. I want us to take them apart and secure the title.

I wonder if we'll see a free-er Leicester against Blackburn. With the promotion pressure off I think we win that game pretty comfortably.

Would say the same about Preston but that largely depends on how hard the partying has been.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

But you get my point, they're crap. They've got 50 points in 45 games, with a striker who's scored about 30 goals this season. Not having it. I want us to take them apart and secure the title.

Im hoping the title is already secure by then. Want to spend the day dancing around near the singing section and not worrying about Szmodics. 

But yes, i get your point. This league really is nuts. Dross like Blackburn, Millwall, QPR, Preston and Plymouth can execute a game plan that beats anyone, and then the following week go and lose to easily Stoke. Its driven me mad all season and i hope i never see it again.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Play offs could potentially be a bin fire. Either Leeds or Ipswich who will have bottled it, Southampton in dreadful form, West Brom in dreadful form (although looked good last week) and then Norwich. Hull could do it with a win today but even then they’re hardly setting the world alight. 

Whoever comes up via the playoffs goes straight back down imo.

Leeds are wildly inconsistent and I'm not convinced by Farke at Premier League level.

Southampton have fallen off a cliff so won't win them anyway, but they could actually be Sheffield United bad if they do.

West Brom are more of the same.

Norwich and Hull have the look of midtable Championship sides who went on a bit of a run.