Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

Just now, Unabomber said:

You said anyone being negative hang your head in shame? I think being negative is very much justified. However abusing him is definitely not. 

check the edit pal, obviously you know what I mean't.

OF course you can be negative in expressing views of acting to late to sack the manager but that wasn't what I mean't, I was on about the abusive comment part.

Edited by whoareyaaa

You said anyone being negative hang your head in shame? I think being negative is very much justified. However abusing him is definitely not. 

How about trying to be constructive. Negativity doesn't get you anywhere in life.

1 hour ago, Mee-9 said:

He didn't write that at all I doubt.

Yeah calling him offensive stuff isn't right, but telling him to sell the club isn't in the same breath. He needs to clear out. His decisions and lack of decision making has caused this mess. 

He's clueless, and he is his own man. Enough time has passed since the tragedy, and he's drove this club into the ground through mismanagement and placing his trust in the wrong people. 

I checked in the other thread, in September 2022 I criticised him calling him a poor and awful businessman who's letting his prize assets leave for nothing. Some of you gave me grief for that but I didn't cry or release a statement moaning. I could see this coming. Why couldn't he? 

Letting £50m assets and players leave for absolutely nothing is criminal and could have helped secure our financial future.

Nailed it.

Guest Fox-66
2 hours ago, Nannypig7 said:

Yes he’s made some poor decisions and people are entitled to wanting him to sell etc but to abuse him just isn’t right imo

IMG_6350.jpeg

We have some really vile 'supporters' in our fanbase. :mad: 

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

How about trying to be constructive. Negativity doesn't get you anywhere in life.

Brendan Rodgers style of football an outstanding example.

edit - I was wrong. It got him a lucrative deal and way more time than he deserved. 

Edited by Trumpet

Quite disappointed with that statement. I honestly got a bit bored reading it. Yes, we have had some great times, but there's no real reason to harp on about our successes in a piece that should be showing contrition, sadness and regret for the situation we now find ourselves in. Just makes it about King Power's success owning the club rather than the success of the club as an entity. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

Are you not the guy who has always been negative about the singing section? Apologies if that’s another Micky

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

check the edit pal, obviously you know what I mean't.

OF course you can be negative in expressing views of acting to late to sack the manager but that wasn't what I mean't, I was on about the abusive comment part.

Fair enough and I agree about that, he doesn’t warrant any personal abuse.

• Like 1

Are you not the guy who has always been negative about the singing section? Apologies if that’s another Micky

Yep, helped loads this season didnt they..... nothing but bad press.

Also me being negative about it, hasnt got me anywhere. Having said that the kids will peter out when it comes to games in the championship, they wont have the stomach for it.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

Some absolute clowns on here. Id love to see how you would fare when your dad passes away and you are entrusted with a fortune and the keys to a multi national company responsible for thousands of jobs when you are in your 30's. Id hazard a guess at plenty of you not being able to manage your own family affairs with far less at stake. He has made mistakes as have the board, but he has earnt our respect and patience by ploughing tens of millions of pounds of his families money into the club and local charities. Let him learn from those mistakes and give him the good grace that he deserves. Some of you need a good hard look in the mirror, the behaviour is embarrassing.

He relied primarily on Rudkin and Whelan to run the club, while he dealt with the death of his father and his family business, which was totally understandable. After all, they were trusted by his father.  Unfortunately, while he was  absent, they made a pigs ear of it, and its led us to where we are now.  What he is guilty of though, is being too loyal for too long to people, when his father would have had the ruthlessness to make changes as soon as he could smell the rot setting in.

33 minutes ago, Daggers said:

While I agree in part, the comms director should've had two statements prepped last week. The aim of both should've been to offer confirmation that Top takes this season very seriously, acknowledges mistakes were made, and provides an overview of the vision for the short and medium term.

Anybody worth their comms salt would've had this done and dusted - and removed pieces from the text seen as divisive and counterproductive. It's added fuel rather than take some heat out of the situation. It wouldn't have been tough to craft something anodyne, contrite yet positive.

From my perspective it reads as though no one in comms or anyone with PR experience saw the text prior to it being published - or they did and allowed the mess to go live. Either way, it's yet another mistake in a season littered with them.

Totally agree with you. It certainly doesn’t shower our PR people with glory. But I do still think that whatever was written, be it last month or today. Would have been controversial to many fans. And that’s down to the way we all are feeling and the position we have got ourselves in . 

it’s a sad period for every Leicester fan and we are all raw, no words will change that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Quite disappointed with that statement. I honestly got a bit bored reading it. Yes, we have had some great times, but there's no real reason to harp on about our successes in a piece that should be showing contrition, sadness and regret for the situation we now find ourselves in. Just makes it about King Power's success owning the club rather than the success of the club as an entity. 

Nothing wrong with it really, it sounds to me like they he wants us to return next season and will get us back up there and turn the club around to what made us successful in the first place.

4 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Which should mean something, they have given us everything and as soon as it turns sour, folk throw their toys out of the pram and turn their backs. Loyal indeed....

2 hours ago, MPH said:

no comment on financial commitment needed to get promoted again. We are going to have to spend SOME money to reassemble the squad.

Check the books how can he state that ………we have to reduce a wage bill and sell some players first then we can see how he is committed 

I for one am glad he’s in charge as he will not react emotionally and fire from the hip….yep loads of mistakes him included but don’t compound now by making stupid decisions….so many lives and jobs at stake within the club …..it needs a balanced approach - he will also be hurting and realise he has made some whopper poor decisions

Imagine if you were the poor little son of an oligarch and had to deal with the burden of inheriting his vast wealth after his untimely death, running his businesses into the ground and then receiving some mean messages from some angry people with no life on social media. Charles Dickens couldn't have thought of a more tragic story.

• Haha 3

Ultimately it’s his money so more than any of us Top knows what this means.  

Ge didn’t act quickly enough, players checked out and we got what we deserved.  

he does/should question Rudkin and Whealen.   I’d bin both off.  CEOs are sacked for less

2 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

He relied primarily on Rudkin and Whelan to run the club, while he dealt with the death of his father and his family business, which was totally understandable. After all, they were trusted by his father.  Unfortunately, while he was  absent, they made a pigs ear of it, and its led us to where we are now.  What he is guilty of though, is being too loyal for too long to people, when his father would have had the ruthlessness to make changes as soon as he could smell the rot setting in.

Agreed, I am not denying he has made mistakes, but why are fans putting the boot in? Essentially kicking him when he is down. He has lost more than any of us can imagine in terms of money. The bloke is in his 30's and the ones giving him grief struggle to decide what takeway to have at the weekend, its a joke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So people didn’t like there was no statement. Now there is people are cherry picking parts of the statement to suit a narrative. He’s specifically said action will be taken so let’s give him time to show some leadership. 

There will be drastic changes over the coming weeks and months I’m sure of it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BigMicky said:

Which should mean something, they have given us everything and as soon as it turns sour, folk throw their toys out of the pram and turn their backs. Loyal indeed....

That's a massive oversimplification. Of course it matters, but the moment of your greatest failure as an ownership is not the right time to be celebrating your successes. The past doesn't help us going forward—we need a clear plan, executed quickly.

He could have said he was upset and hurt too, as all of us fans are, and that he wants to do everything he can to put this right. Under the King Power stewardship we've had some great success, even if it did take 4 years to get out of the Championship last time. Something about rediscovering ourselves, call out to the club motto, and a fierce end to the statement to instil come confidence back in the supporters.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 1