Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

7 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

LOL c'mon.... not to defend the running of the LCFC business in any way, because it has been utterly shambolic, but you absolutely cannot compare a premier league football club to any other industry. What you're describing above, creating trackers and some excel sheets to keep everyone on track is hardly long-term planning, anyone can do that. The whole point of long-term planning is to create multiple stress scenarios when your tracker spreadsheet inevitably goes kaput within two days, and being able to respond to every single conceivable scenario with a robust solution. Clearly LCFC didn't do this and could not respond but to suggest they didn't create a business planning 101 tracker and whack it in a Teams channel is a bit OTT.

The principle is the same.

You work out a key future date with targets to work towards in order to achieve your goals, the variables that could stop you reaching those goals, the consequences for failing to reach them and how to overcome the obstacles as well as contingency plans for if you fail to realise them along with personnel management for all stakeholders.

Edited by Bilo

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Ugh - you've just reminded me why I'm so glad I left teaching. I much preferred the old system of doing your lesson plan on the back of a fag packet during break. Deadlines? Admin? Pah! Wow, I'm the Rudkin of education :D

I do still have the 'door knob lesson' in my arsenal, but don't tell the boss. 😂

Just now, Bilo said:

I do still have the 'door knob lesson' in my arsenal, but don't tell the boss. 😂

Intro - remind class not to jump out of windows during lesson

Main - Self-marked practice paper and/or video

Summary - 10 reasons why homework is bollocks and that's why I refuse to set any

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

Intro - remind class not to jump out of windows during lesson

Main - Self-marked practice paper and/or video

Summary - 10 reasons why homework is bollocks and that's why I refuse to set any

I often advise ECTs to make sure the kids are working hardest, so I'm downloading this as a model lesson plan. 

15 minutes ago, Bilo said:

The principle is the same.

You work out a key future date with targets to work towards in order to achieve your goals, the variables that could stop you reaching those goals, the consequences for failing to reach them and how to overcome the obstacles as well as contingency plans for if you fail to realise them along with personnel management for all stakeholders.

Yeh agreed in that case, along with scenario planning, because nothing ever goes to plan

15 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The thing I can’t stand now is the claim that we have some sort of special owner. We are now using the Leeds chairman as an example and Mike Ashley. I actually don’t think Top and Ashley are too different. Ashley is a good business man who buys low and sells high. Not too far off our thinking last season. We tried to skim it. 

Nonetheless, this incorrect perception that Top is some sort of special owner and we should look out to our peers and think, aren’t we lucky we are not them is ridiculous, especially more so after this disaster. Support him, fine, but to suggest the above is now borderline stupid. His leadership (or lack of) has risked the future of the club. And there is none from the group of clubs we competed with last season who want him anywhere near their club - these are facts. 

it’s a crap statement given the magnitude of the disaster we have just seen and to some extent, pathetic. He has a lot of growing up to do and needs to really impress in next few steps (if he does in fact take any) to achieve the level so many have him at. There is no “be careful what you wish for here”. Yes we could end up with a absolute shark who leverages the club in a ridiculous manner or more than likely we could end up with an owner who is relatively in active and keeps us just above water, which is exactly where we are going. Weather Top stays or go, the damage is done. He is a significant part of the problem at this club. Let’s see what the next stage is under his tenure, my fear it will be just as frustrating a season next as it has been this. 

14 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

His father was certainly a special and no doubt lucky owner.  I think a lot of us were willing to give Top the benefit of the doubt, but the fact is he is 20 odd years younger than his father was when he took over, and without the majority of his success or experience.  Sadly there doesn't seem to be a strong network around him to help him make the right decisions.  He must now show some of his father's strength and remove Rudkin, get in an experienced Premier league level DOF and go from there.

I would also point out that Mike Ashley does have a similar level of background success in retail to Khun Vichai, and a similar approach in many ways.  While Ashley was not popular with Newcastle fans, he was not actually a terrible owner.

There's a crucial difference however, in that Ashley's modus operandi was minimising costs - zero infrastructure investment (including maintenance), minimal academy investment, zero marketing/commercial budget, little wage expenditure relaive to the size of the club/fanbase. As long as Newcastle weren't threatened by relegation he was happy.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2023 at 15:11, Matt said:

Playing devils advocate he did give Rodgers a brand new 5 and a half year contract (yes thing we’re rosy at the time) but it was the start of cracks appearing, making him bigger than the club with far too much control and unaffordable to sack (until things got so desperate).

Problem with that contract .... Top didn't do his homework  .... after 3 seasons he shows of losing his focus and teams form dips as at previous clubs .... the writing was on the wall .... but Rudkin and Whelan were standing in front of it 

• Like 3

On 02/06/2023 at 16:25, Winstonthedog said:

Problem with that contract .... Top didn't do his homework  .... after 3 seasons he shows of losing his focus and teams form dips as at previous clubs .... the writing was on the wall .... but Rudkin and Whelan were standing in front of it 

HOW are those two still in a job????

8 days since relagtion and our owner has

1. Released a statement saying we should be grateful to him Pearson and his dad's work
  2. Had a nice camping trip/day out with the missus
  3. Had a nice day at the races

Can't wait to see what the next week brings!

• Like 3