Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

Without being Einstein, we know that was written for him, he's just signed it off.   You have to be off your rocker to own a football club, didn't anyone tell Top that as soon as things go south, fans will want blood? It doesn't matter what you've done before or how much money you've spent, it will never be enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because I wouldn't lump on with the rest of the stupid sheep?  I am so ashamed  :rolleyes:

I can see you and KFS are having a chat - but towards the end of Rodgers' time you and I often exchanged ideas - yet I never thought you were a sheep or stupid.  I could see you cared.... it was just that we had differing views on the best thing to do for our club - stick or twist.  I was offended by Foxes trust calling a young lady an idiot for "waving a "rodgers out" banner.... she wan't an idiot and indeed Top followed her advice. Those of us who wanted Rodgers gone  could not convince much more than 50% of the FT congregation and didn't convince Top until it was way too late.  I don't expect Top to say he will listen to a load of ravers on FT...  but maybe we are not stupid sheep either.tt

RE Rodgers - my objection to him was because of the sort of personality he is - I didn't like his football but that always came second for me.

• Like 2

Well rob the blue if you think the championship is where we should be your like to many people  who think like that I personally don't. People  who think small stay small. Let's be a bit more confident after all we are in a unique band of premiership winners.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

his dad was, what has he done to deserve this sort of comment?

Well, if the blame for our relegation is with Top, the credit for the only FA Cup win in our entire history also sits with him.

Obviously ultimate responsibility lays with Top. Criticism is allowed. Callling him a ‘nob-head’ or worse, is just unintelligent and says more about the owner of the comment than Top. 

Being abusive doesn’t illustrate that you care.

8 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Much of what you say has merit, however twice we were in a fantastic position in January to make top 4, and we never gambled or invested in either of those January transfer windows to help get us over the line. To fail to do so once was fair enough, but to fail to do so again the following season, showed incompetence or that they weren't learning from their mistakes, and has proved very costly in the longer term. 

They gambled heavily anyway. Asking them to gamble further in the aftermath of the pandemic is big shout. You can see the financial implications of how hard we gambled on making Top 4. Perhaps he made a mistake on not gambling further, but does that warrant abusive messages - not for me, but you might think differently.

Top did mention he received constructive criticisms which he will consider and act on. That’s what I will take away. I hope and I think he has thick enough skin to take the abuse. yes it’s not nice for it to get that personal but fans have a right to vent. some will go over board but that’s what passion is. We are all hurt. I’m sure Top is too. Doubt he wanted to throw away his families legacy. Reputation is very important to him and his family but so should respect be and we the fans have been disrespected this season. Our voices have not been heard.

all said and done I’m a forgiving person. We got knocked down but we get back up and we hit back at the elitists even harder! Not just come back again but really be determined to be a force in the premier league. Foxes never quit!

so Top please take this new day to heal this fractured relationship by closer and better communications with the fans. We can only return to the premier league a stronger club if are unified.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Bet Rudkin wrote that and Top signed off on it. 

Most likely but this is our club and until someone else comes in we have to get behind it. As for the messages well people should have their say. Get it all out and release the pain and anger.  When the dust settles and we start to see how the land lies it will be back to supporting our club for those who are still behind us and have our best interests at heart. Fuch the rest. 

Just now, foxinsocks said:

I can see you and KFS are having a chat - but towards the end of Rodgers' time you and I often exchanged ideas - yet I never thought you were a sheep or stupid.  I could see you cared.... it was just that we had differing views on the best thing to do for our club - stick or twist.  I was offended by Foxes trust calling a young lady an idiot for "waving a "rodgers out" banner.... she wan't an idiot and indeed Top followed her advice. Those of us who wanted Rodgers gone  could not convince much more than 50% of the FT congregation and didn't convince Top until it was way too late.  I don't expect Top to say he will listen to a load of ravers on FT...  but maybe we are not stupid sheep either.tt

RE Rodgers - my objection to him was because of the sort of personality he is - I didn't like his football but that always came second for me.

Yes, we did not always agree, although at the end you as many others are proven correct, he had to go and even I got there eventually! But I am not a huge fan of simple polarising statements, as there is likely way more going on than we realise, so from that you take it one of two ways, you either draw conclusion now based on limited information and perhaps even fury, or you take a beat and consider further - boringly I usually opt for options #2!  lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

While I agree in part, the comms director should've had two statements prepped last week. The aim of both should've been to offer confirmation that Top takes this season very seriously, acknowledges mistakes were made, and provides an overview of the vision for the short and medium term.

Anybody worth their comms salt would've had this done and dusted - and removed pieces from the text seen as divisive and counterproductive. It's added fuel rather than take some heat out of the situation. It wouldn't have been tough to craft something anodyne, contrite yet positive.

From my perspective it reads as though no one in comms or anyone with PR experience saw the text prior to it being published - or they did and allowed the mess to go live. Either way, it's yet another mistake in a season littered with them.

Daggers you should apply for the position of comms director. You already sound like you know how to do this job better than the muppets we have at the club!

1 minute ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Well, if the blame for our relegation is with Top, the credit for the only FA Cup win in our entire history also sits with him.

Obviously ultimate responsibility lays with Top. Criticism is allowed. Callling him a ‘nob-head’ or worse, is just unintelligent and says more about the owner of the comment than Top. 

Being abusive doesn’t illustrate that you care.

plenty of badly run clubs have won an FA cup, since he's taken over from his dad, have we seen any joined-up thinking, any strategy, any acknowledgement of what's going wrong and any desire to fix it? the wheels started coming off from Rodgers in Feb 2021 and there's been not so much as an acknowledgement it was happening let alone a plan to fix it. nothing to say he's been a competent owner, let alone one of the best ever

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Corky said:

Why not put out the offensive messages? If people are prepared to give abuse then naming them is fair game.

Surely the club would have mentioned it too, by now?

Might not be much left after redaction to be honest  :dunno:

Plus then you are giving air time to those that only turn up to shit stir ( you know, teenagers  lol )

Just now, Unabomber said:

I don’t know how to say it without potentially offending someone or appearing insensitive but it has to be said that Vichai would be absolutely dumbstruck by how badly we have been run. 

A little presumptive perhaps, but you would like to think so 

8 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Without being Einstein, we know that was written for him, he's just signed it off.   You have to be off your rocker to own a football club, didn't anyone tell Top that as soon as things go south, fans will want blood? It doesn't matter what you've done before or how much money you've spent, it will never be enough.

As you say, the statement will have been written for him, but either he didn't read it himself before he signed it off, or he wasn't arsed about what it said anyway.

12 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I honestly thought that was fake lol so unprofessional 

It’s like the bit in the middle about the fans he’s picked up the pen with a ‘I’ll show them’ attitude. Pure Donald Trump stuff 

• Like 2