Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Again though, this is just a be careful what you wish for statement.

What good is Top if the wrong decisions are constantly made? You could have Man City levels of money and investment but if they're being spent poorly, with constant bad decisions, you won't get anywhere.

Agreed. As I said in the post before that he has to sack Rudkin and appoint a new DOF and manager within the next week or 2 max. The ideal scenario would be Pearson, Walsh as DOF if we can get him back from the states and Shakespeare stay as assistant. Then he will have people telling him how it is and not blowing smoke so his decision making is limited as those 3 can crack on. He just has to make money available.

1 minute ago, koop. said:

😂😂😂 the history pre KP is nothing in comparison. 

We were a penalty kick and 90mins away from the PL - correct, we didn't achieve it did we 

So how does a club what wins the league and cup get relegated within 3 years of winning the latter? It just makes Top’s period in charge look worse 

I don’t really care for statements. As they’re never going to be what we as fans want. 

What I care for is actions…. I’m expecting us to make the right decisions, and win the championship next season in record breaking fashion. I’ll accept nothing less. 

• Like 4

He may be out of his depth running the football club and has clearly made a lot of errors and bad decisions and has trusted people like Rudkin who have turned out to be incompetents but he nor anyone else deserves personal abuse. His family have put a lot of money into the club and there have been so many good times and memories to look back on. Things clearly are not working out how they are at present and he may well be looking to sell the club but yes criticise him for his poor decisions and running of the club but don't make things personal and threatening for people running the club. Yes as fans we are angry, annoyed and depressed how things are going but abuse and threats of violence are never the answer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Did Leeds' and Everton's owners release a statement seeking sympathy for the ten tonne of shit that came their way yesterday?  Thought not.  They wouldn't dare.

This is basically a written version of the head shake.  How dare you criticise me.  Obviously surrounded himself with yes men his entire life with nobody at the club there to advise and stop him from making dumb decisions/indecisions.  It's an embarrassing statement.

But thanks for creating further divides in the fanbase Top.  Maybe you forget to add the bit about how you plan on fixing this mess and unifying us around a positive vision.

Or maybe it's time you let someone else have a go.  Looks like you still have plenty of sycophants to massage your ego. 

Everton’s Chairman did months ago and the reaction is that he now can’t go to ground on police advise 

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Do people genuinely believe we're gonna be winning the league next year?

I appreciate this is probably said in jest but seen quite a few say it now. Surely no-one is being serious lol

I'm being completely serious. I expect promotion immediately and convincingly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The great thing about that group and that turn of phrase is that they were saying it about a year ago when people were saying Rodgers needed sacking.

“Be careful what you wish for guys, we could get the wrong guy and end up back in The Championship”

He's basically said let the club do what they want to do (Ok, I somewhat agree - We can't really do anything about that) and then get behind them no matter what, "like we did under Rodgers", exactly the reason why we're in this position.

He's basically said nod and agree, clap along, don't have an opinion. KPFC OK.

• Like 1

I think going into detail about the abusive messages is a little unprofessional. Just "some positive, some negative" would have sufficed. It doesn't make me feel sorry for him. Despite being eternally grateful for everything Top and his family have done for this club we can't just stand and admire the accolades while we plummet back to square one.

Just a nothing statement. We need to hear about finances, manager search, squad overhaul and changes behind the scenes. I know what we've done and it is totally irrelevant to the present day.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nugent said:

Pathetic statement that continues to push the narrative that we’re little old Leicester and should be grateful to have even played in the Premier League, let alone won it. A narrative that’s been created and pushed by our own spineless fans and the likes of Lineker. 

I know. I don’t think he needed to spend 2/3 of it reminding us what has happened over the last 10 years. We just want some indication that he will make good decisions and has a plan, not something written by a public relations firm. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Blatant attempt to divide the fanbase and paint those that offer criticism as outsiders and trouble makers

...just keeping it real!!!

Potter made a statement regarding death threats that he was receiving,  celebrities often get these and report them to the authorities, he is stating what the fallout has been.

I maintain as the person who had the power to remove Rodgers at anytime, he carries the responsibility for our predicament. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t really care for statements. As they’re never going to be what we as fans want. 

What I care for is actions…. I’m expecting us to make the right decisions, and win the championship next season in record breaking fashion. I’ll accept nothing less. 

I read the statement twice before realising that whatever he said would wind me up in his defence.

HOWEVER, like you said the most important part is what action he takes behind the scenes.

It’s all rotten and too comfortable at every level in the club right now and if that doesn’t change then we’ll continue to drop like a dead weight.

I can’t believe what Piper said during yesterdays’s post match section about Rodger’s having to ask the players to take their plates back etc….entitled little *****.

• Like 1