Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

11 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Despicable behaviour from a few that have tiny minds and can't remember what this club has achieved over the last 7 years. Without Top and his father Leicester would be no where.

We’d probably be where we are now Tbf. In the Championship. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Glad there's been a statement. Don't like that he's been abused, but I don't expect anything less from some of our fanbase.

We will be back. And he's right in that this doesn't define us. 

If you expected a statement now singling out individuals then you expect too much. 

I don't expected a statement singling out individuals.

I expect actions.

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

Whatever. Instead of everyone just chucking insults around all that matters is that the changes are made and they are made within the next week or 2. If he does that then he's learnt if he hasn't then he does perhaps need to look at selling but the chances are we will end up being the target of a Mike Ashley or American debt finance purchase that leverages us to the eyeballs and risks the whole club to finance the acquisition.

Again though, this is just a be careful what you wish for statement.

What good is Top if the wrong decisions are constantly made? You could have Man City levels of money and investment but if they're being spent poorly, with constant bad decisions, you won't get anywhere.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Despicable behaviour from a few that have tiny minds and can't remember what this club has achieved over the last 7 years. Without Top and his father Leicester would be no where.

If Top received threats/abusive letters from anyone there are specific authorities that deal with these things. This doesn't belong to an official statement mainly targeted for us the loyal fans. How does he know these were Leicester fans? 

Why don't you pay a visit to the Spurs forum to check who is abusive? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, glos-fox said:

Over the coming days and weeks, we need to reflect on the processes and decisions that have brought us to this point.

This blows my mind it was obvious their was good chance we could go down so you would think that a plan was being prepared for that eventuality.

Reading the Statement sounds like shuffling the chairs on the titanic 

That occurred to me when reading it but then I thought what else he could have written to acknowledge that there needed to be a full investigation.  If he’d said that it was started some time ago then you’d be asking why time was being spent on that rather than trying to stay in the league. I know that the club were preparing for two scenarios come today. A lot of work has been chucked in the bin yesterday evening!

I do have more confidence that the commercial side of relegation will have been prepared for better than the footballing side though - that’s our problem. the budgets would be set either way but will rudkin’s side have gone very far down the relegation route re recruitment etc ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Again though, this is just a be careful what you wish for statement.

What good is Top if the wrong decisions are constantly made? You could have Man City levels of money and investment but if they're being spent poorly, with constant bad decisions, you won't get anywhere.

How many seasons of piss poor decisions vs very good decisions? 

4 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I don't care what you've got to say, Top. Your words mean nothing to me. Just make sure that the Championship title is wrapped up by April 2024, no excuses, no exceptions.

Do people genuinely believe we're gonna be winning the league next year?

I appreciate this is probably said in jest but seen quite a few say it now. Surely no-one is being serious lol

9 minutes ago, SixtiesFox said:

Concerning! Top is well intentioned but lacks the ruthlessness of his father. Given the gross mismanagement that has lead to our catastophic decline he must clear out the front office, starting with Rudkin, and bring in a whole new team with the expertise to recreate a winning culture in the championship. Anything less and more worrying times lie ahead! 

He is trusting the people his Father put his trust in.  I don't think his Father would have got rid of Rudkin. (Not saying that is the right thing, but I think it's true)

Not Impressed! Personally, hoping for something along the lines of...

Myself & the board acknowledge that a number of fundemental mistakes have been made & for that, we are all truly sorry. We will leave no stone unturned to learn the lessons & look to rebuild the trust and belief from you, our valued supporters.

My family & I, remian steadfastly committed to delivering sustainable long term success for our special club & we will do all in our power to strive for a return to the Premier League as swiftly as possible.

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

If Top received threats/abusive letters from anyone there are specific authorities that deal with these things. This doesn't belong to an official statement mainly targeted for us the loyal fans. How does he know these were Leicester fans? 

Why don't you pay a visit to the Spurs forum to check who is abusive? 

Are fans of other clubs really going to waste their time sending abusive messages to our chairman ? 

13 minutes ago, StevieH said:

I know right, it’s not like we were already on an upward trajectory with Pearson in charge and having just missed out on a play-off final at Wembley.

i dread to think where a team that had held its own comfortably all season and missed a shot at the Premier League with a brilliant manager that was building something would have ended up.

We should thank our lucky stars they didn’t come in and initially rip that up and take us backwards.

• Like 3

Just now, LCFC247 said:

Not Impressed! Personally, hoping for something along the lines of...

Myself & the board acknowledge that a number of fundemental mistakes have been made & for that, we are all truly sorry. We will leave no stone unturned to learn the lessons & look to rebuild the trust and belief from you, our valued supporters.

My family & I, remian steadfastly committed to delivering sustainable long term success for our special club & we will do all in our power to strive for a return to the Premier League as swiftly as possible.

Yeah - not bad. Can you start tomorrow at 9? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't need a statement reminding me of everything that has happened seasons ago.

What's the plan? If you don't have 1 already you should look to be selling up.

There'll be no abuse or "thoughtless" words from me though, you're family have done enough for this club, but maybe it's gone as far as it can.

Just now, koop. said:

Without any of the success beforehand. 

Probably not but people talk as though Leicester City FC was some club with zero history. The summer before KP bought the club we were a penalty kick and 90 minutes away from the PL. 

Actyally think the highlighting of the success in the article should really led to a questioning of how has this relegation happened ?

Did Leeds' and Everton's owners release a statement seeking sympathy for the ten tonne of shit that came their way yesterday?  Thought not.  They wouldn't dare.

This is basically a written version of the head shake.  How dare you criticise me.  Obviously surrounded himself with yes men his entire life with nobody at the club there to advise and stop him from making dumb decisions/indecisions.  It's an embarrassing statement.

But thanks for creating further divides in the fanbase Top.  Maybe you forget to add the bit about how you plan on fixing this mess and unifying us around a positive vision.

Or maybe it's time you let someone else have a go.  Looks like you still have plenty of sycophants to massage your ego. 

• Like 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Probably not but people talk as though Leicester City FC was some club with zero history. The summer before KP bought the club we were a penalty kick and 90 minutes away from the PL. 

Actyally think the highlighting of the success in the article should really led to a questioning of how has this relegation happened ?

😂😂😂 the history pre KP is nothing in comparison. 

We were a penalty kick and 90mins away from the PL - correct, we didn't achieve it did we 

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Ian Bason part of the King Power fan group is on SSN telling us be careful what we wish for.

The great thing about that group and that turn of phrase is that they were saying it about a year ago when people were saying Rodgers needed sacking.

“Be careful what you wish for guys, we could get the wrong guy and end up back in The Championship”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

He is trusting the people his Father put his trust in.  I don't think his Father would have got rid of Rudkin. (Not saying that is the right thing, but I think it's true)

Disagree as proven how Vichai dismissed the likes of Terry Robinson and rid the club of David Richard’s’ advice. If he got a vibe, he’d get rid