Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

Just now, Wymsey said:

Shame he didn't mention what the plan is going to be going forward.

Yes I was going to mention this. Nothing less than ‘I’m going to stay in my office for 10 weeks while I sort this shit out’ would have sufficed 

• Like 1

Unfortunately it’s all just words until we start seeing some actions taken. “We’ll be back”. Prove it then, star by reshuffling (sacking) the back office and make a statement of intent with a new manager in the next 2 weeks max. Actions speak louder than words on this occasion, I’m sick to the back teeth of words, I want to see him do something about it. 

• Like 1

Sounds quite honest and respectful to where we are and who we are as a club to me. Without their backing the great success that we've seen would not have happened. The statement says that it took several years to get us in to the premier League and that it's never going to be an instant success.

• Like 1

Finally someone has written and released statement from him! Not much positivity or thoughts of plans going forward is my initial thought.  The media will focus on the abusive commentsbit and negativity will focus on the fans. Not sure what to make of that statement to be honest?

9 minutes ago, Bert said:

It doesn’t sound the most inspiring of “we’ll be back” statements. 

It's the halfway house kind of statement that hints at a truth that we have no plan in place and are going to rely on the same team who got everything so wrong to try to do something different.

• Like 2

Shame that he is receiving abusive messages, and no doubt some will be in reference to his father's death, so I think we should cut him some slack on putting that part in his statement. 

As for the overall tone, I get a similar feeling that Bert and others do. Doesn't seem to have that sense of urgency or accountability that is required. 

However, I will hold off judgement for a few weeks and judge him by his actions, or lack of. If he sacks Rudkin, then I will know he is on the right path. 

Top has been exposed this season, and he has to learn from his many mistakes made over the last few years. He has the power to make a lot of much needed changes, but he has to make them now, or we could easily get stuck in the Championship.

Time to wipe the slate clean. He obviously isn't selling up, so he will remain at the top for now, but he must remove those below him. The worst thing he can do, is live on the past successes and think that those same people will be able to deliver that again. He must reset the club, from top to bottom and do it now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1