Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Top Statement

15 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I checked in the other thread, in September 2022 I criticised him calling him a poor and awful businessman who's letting his prize assets leave for nothing. Some of you gave me grief for that but I didn't cry or release a statement moaning. I could see this coming. Why couldn't he? 

Letting £50m assets and players leave for absolutely nothing is criminal and could have helped secure our financial future.

if we don’t receive a reasonable offer, what do you propose the club do?  It was debated at the time if it was worth accepting £20m, given that it was also assumed selling youri would make us more likely to be relegated . Note that there is no evidence that anyone actually offered £20m - all the info I’ve seen indicates that no offers have ever been received - most likely the players agent indicates to interested parties that he wanted to leave on a free this summer. 

Hindsight says he should have been sold after the cup win but the market was depressed by covid and rodgers asked the board not to see

anyone if at all possible. Off the back of two 5th places we were still chasing the dream 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Hard to win, people complain there is no statement. Then when one is released pull it a part.

Yes without a doubt heads should roll, but hopefully that will come in the following weeks.

At the end of the day, their family has given many Leicester city fans the greatest footballing experience of their life’s. 

He is a young man, trying to follow in a successful fathers footsteps.

Listening to those his father had in place.
He needs to be cut a bit of slack, certainly not getting abuse. 

Hopefully things will look more positive when we have a manager with a long term vision and identity for the club.

You can't expect a statement to publicly slag off individuals at the club.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Agreed. Completely disrespectful and inappropriate. We are all hurting but sending personal abusive and offensive messages to Top is disgraceful and mindless. We have been on a roller coaster and the memories we have had with him, his Dad and KP were unimaginable before they came in. Yes, things need to be changed with Rudkin out, a new manager within the next week or max 2 ( I would go Pearson who Bristol City fans think has done a fantastic job of sorting out their finances but only has a year left on his contract, and try and get Steve Walsh back as DOF if possible from the US, with Shakespeare staying as assistant) surrounded by good people like them who will tell him the truth we will go back up but the work needs to start right away.

Bootlicker 

• Like 1

Don’t agree with him receiving abuse, idiots! But hopefully he will learn from this season and become more ruthless, like his father when it comes to the crunch. He stuck and showed loyalty to Rodgers but obviously that was the biggest mistake he’s made. Get rid of the idiots running the show and be ambitious enough to get us straight back up.

• Like 2

Concerning! Top is well intentioned but lacks the ruthlessness of his father. Given the gross mismanagement that has lead to our catastophic decline he must clear out the front office, starting with Rudkin, and bring in a whole new team with the expertise to recreate a winning culture in the championship. Anything less and more worrying times lie ahead! 

• Like 1

It’ll have to do as a holding statement, I’d expect a more ‘this is what we are planning to do now ‘ statement by the end of next week or latest the week after.

A lot of good people are about to lose their jobs through no fault of their own.

I think this is going to be a rocky ride with an uncertain outcome. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Smith gets a 2 year deal unless they genuinely have formulated a plan for the championship

Over the coming days and weeks, we need to reflect on the processes and decisions that have brought us to this point.

This blows my mind it was obvious their was good chance we could go down so you would think that a plan was being prepared for that eventuality.

Reading the Statement sounds like shuffling the chairs on the titanic 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, frany104 said:

I’ve just re-read it…. I’m not happy with that at all. What a load is shit. 

I’ve made up my mind now. Top out. 

Sell up. He had a chance to get everybody on board there. Owned up to nothing and blamed the fans for a few words of criticism.

So who the **** is going to buy us? And exactly how are they going to be better? There are some terrible owners out there, absolutely tragic. 

No one wants a club in the Midlands, the only history we have happen whilst this lot were in charge.

No matter who owns us it's downhill from here. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 2

Just now, Foxin_Mad said:

So who the **** is going to buy us? And exactly how are they going to be better? There are dome terrible owners out there, absolutely tragic. 

No one wants a club in the Midlands, the only history we have happen whilst this lot were in charge.

No matter who owns us it's downhill from here. 

And how do you know that???? From what I’ve seen the past few years, we can’t be run any worse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The people running the club are to blame not Top. But now he needs to find the right advisor and bring the right people in. 

His advisors must have told him to stick with Brendan which was what ultimately cost us and the decision to not invest in the squad, but that was due to circumstances. 

• Like 2

Just now, Phenom said:

Bootlicker 

Whatever. Instead of everyone just chucking insults around all that matters is that the changes are made and they are made within the next week or 2. If he does that then he's learnt if he hasn't then he does perhaps need to look at selling but the chances are we will end up being the target of a Mike Ashley or American debt finance purchase that leverages us to the eyeballs and risks the whole club to finance the acquisition.

• Like 1