Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

3 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Left at 3-1. Braybrook showcased some quality. We could’ve gone 2-0 up with a FK but overall fair result.

Was it a sell out, out of interest? 

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Alves??

Had a run at their defence a couple of times, comfortable in possession. Don't know why he was taken off either.

35 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Was it a sell out, out of interest? 

Looked fairly packed from where I was, people standing in the corners where you walk in. Families and youngsters mainly, even spotted a Forest clobbered kid trying to cover his tree crest.

1 minute ago, Jaspa said:

Had a run at their defence a couple of times, comfortable in possession. Don't know why he was taken off either.

Looked fairly packed from where I was, people standing in the corners where you walk in. Families and youngsters mainly, even spotted a Forest clobbered kid trying to cover his tree crest.

With Alves they were likely just being careful as he has been out injured for a month or so

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

With Alves they were likely just being careful as he has been out injured for a month or so

Hope that's the case. Really want to see him in the first team soon, I love watching him play, he's got magic technique.

The Wolves lad has robbed him of what would have been first-team oppurtunities this season.

5 minutes ago, JonesLCFC said:

Hope that's the case. Really want to see him in the first team soon, I love watching him play, he's got magic technique.

The Wolves lad has robbed him of what would have been first-team oppurtunities this season.

Still pisses me right off the Wolves boy didn’t get a more substantial and warranted punishment.

He even got a call up for one of the England youth teams if I’m right 🤦‍♂️ 

Nice to see Alves and Braybrooke starting. And great to see Popov get a goal and Thomas still making a mark despite the previously injured players coming back in.

There's some promise in this academy if we adopt the Man City approach. They're massively benefitting from Pep being there for so long now, and having the set-up tailored to his style of football.

We can follow a similar pattern - but we know that as our position in the pyramid is more changeable, so managers and coaches come and go more often. So while taking Man City as inspiration is a given, I'd also be looking at Swansea during their rise to the Premier League under Roberto Martinez, Rodgers, Brian Laudrup (and latterly as they've tried to get back to that model with Graham Potter, Steve Cooper and Russell Martin but had those managers poached). Basically, the point I'm making is that a coherent system should be producing the kind of players that will either be first-team ready or valuable assets to sell on.

18 minutes ago, ACF said:

If we could have Alves, Braybrooke, Sliko, Popov, as well as Nelson, join the 1st Team even as third string/back up, that would be an enormous success.

Replacing the out of contract players with youth, and topping up with senior players, rather than trying to make 10 signings, has to be the strategy.

I imagine if we dont go up then a lot of these will be involved in the first team next season

19 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

haven’t heard much about wormleighton this season, he was quite hyped last year 

Didn't he captain the side last time out? I was impressed by him last season ... hope he comes through.

Under 18s are currently losing 1-0 away to Brighton at half time

Brighton have also missed a penalty

Bausor, Aluko, Khela, Neale, Amartey, McAlinney, Page, Ononaye, Otchere, Donnelly, Omobolaji

Subs: Donohue, Gray, Daniels, Lawrence, Monga

Edited by moore_94

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Under 18s are currently losing 1-0 away to Brighton at half time

Brighton have also missed a penalty

Bausor, Aluko, Khela, Neale, Amartey, McAlinney, Page, Ononaye, Otchere, Donnelly, Omobolaji

Subs: Donohue, Gray, Daniels, Lawrence, Monga

Wow, Monga is only about 14/15 and extremely highly rated. I wonder when Lorenz Hutchinson makes the step up to the U18s too. Great to see.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Wow, Monga is only about 14/15 and extremely highly rated. I wonder when Lorenz Hutchinson makes the step up to the U18s too. Great to see.

Omobolaji listed as a Palace player, so guessing he's on trial with us?