Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League One & Two - 2023-2024 Season

13 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Massive win for Lincoln vs Oxford. 

Thought the Wigan loss would break them but beating Oxford away to hang on to a playoff chance is superb. Winnable fixtures remaining too. Oxford vs Stevenage on Friday too. 

29 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

All I would say is that I can't imagine being employed in another country and getting involved in singing songs against the head of state in said country.

He has the freedom to do that at least. Ultimately I think him having an issue with the British state is probably understandable even if I don’t agree with it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

All I would say is that I can't imagine being employed in another country and getting involved in singing songs against the head of state in said country.

I can imagine it pretty easily If I were employed in say the US or France. Obviously not in somewhere like Saudi but thankfully we're still closer culturally and politically to the first two countries.

19 hours ago, westernpark said:

Steve Evans poached from Stevenage by Rotherham. Anyone got Graham Westley’s number?

Strange move that one for me both gonna be the same division next season and Stevenage only just missed out on the play offs this year.

1 minute ago, sharpylcfc said:

Strange move that one for me both gonna be the same division next season and Stevenage only just missed out on the play offs this year.

I don't think I've ever used 'Rotherham are the bigger club' in a sentence before but here we are lol

And he's worked there before so knows the club well. He might even live up that way still etc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

No doubt he'll be paid more, and have a bigger budget.  Plus stevenage are probably punching above their weight.  Rotherham have spent 6 seasons on the last 10 in the Championship.  

Rotherham are definately the bigger club.

edit: Mike beat me to it lol.

45 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

No doubt he'll be paid more, and have a bigger budget.  Plus stevenage are probably punching above their weight.  Rotherham have spent 6 seasons on the last 10 in the Championship.  

Rotherham are definately the bigger club.

edit: Mike beat me to it lol.

48 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I don't think I've ever used 'Rotherham are the bigger club' in a sentence before but here we are lol

And he's worked there before so knows the club well. He might even live up that way still etc

No doubt that Rotherham are the bigger club I don't disagree. Reason I just found it strange is with Stevenage having a fantastic season and almost making the play offs the morale will be sky high and you'd imagine would want another crack at making the top 6 next year. On the other hand Rotherham having just been relegated morale will be low and no doubt an instant return to the championship will be wanted. So a bad start and fans could potentially turn on Evans. Whereas at Stevenage after say 10 games if they're top 10/ midtable I can't see fans wanting him gone. So that's why I thought it was strange Evans leaving Stevenage. 

Edited by sharpylcfc
  • Like 1

On 18/04/2024 at 12:45, sharpylcfc said:

No doubt that Rotherham are the bigger club I don't disagree. Reason I just found it strange is with Stevenage having a fantastic season and almost making the play offs the morale will be sky high and you'd imagine would want another crack at making the top 6 next year. On the other hand Rotherham having just been relegated morale will be low and no doubt an instant return to the championship will be wanted. So a bad start and fans could potentially turn on Evans. Whereas at Stevenage after say 10 games if they're top 10/ midtable I can't see fans wanting him gone. So that's why I thought it was strange Evans leaving Stevenage. 

Make the move whilst doing well at Stevenage, if they have a crap year next season he potentially doesn't get a look in.

Fleetwood and Port Vale relegated from League One after a big win for Burton who look very likely to stay up now

5 points clear of Cheltenham who still have to play Peterborough and Stevenage