Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Other Team Transfers 2023

Just now, ARM1968 said:

It’s all shit. It’s all going wrong again. OMG this club. Dooomed. Well, apart from the greatest ever start we’ve had in our history. Still, doomed. 

think we’ll lose our next game. 

Exactly mate, we should be able to wrap up £45mill deal for him with the Enzo. Real shame. 

• Haha 4

Keep trying to work out what a fair value is for an exceptional talent from an academy. I know for example if we'd cashed in on Barnes in January 2019 for less than £25m we'd have gone berserk.

It's a punt on such signings and you'd imagine the most sensible thing on deals like this would be massive add ons but if Lewis Hall is going for £35m and Anthony Gordon £45m then £45m for Palmer seems logical.

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah I recognise your point, but if they have the means to do it and there's no rule against it, then they aren't doing anything wrong.

I know they're not doing anything illegal, but it is very problematic nonetheless. Basically the owners are exploiting and saddling other clubs within their ownership to gain an unfair advantage. It's a glitch in the system and exploiting it is by definition cheating.

26 minutes ago, shen said:

I know they're not doing anything illegal, but it is very problematic nonetheless. Basically the owners are exploiting and saddling other clubs within their ownership to gain an unfair advantage. It's a glitch in the system and exploiting it is by definition cheating.

We exploited ours owning Leuven with signing Hirst. Multi club ownership is so common place now, seems like it'll be hard to properly stop workarounds like this.

5 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

How the f**k did they manage to sign a up and coming Barcelona player whose already scored 22 goals for the Spanish club 🙄

Exciting manager, successful PL club, European football but arguably most importantly, they have a huge budget following their sales so can cover his wages with no issues. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 2

I mean, it’s only a loan.  Barca can get a free look against top competition, under a creative manager at a progressive club.  Kudos to Brighton, they’ve become a model for smaller clubs - but this is a no-lose for Barcelona.

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I mean, it’s only a loan.  Barca can get a free look against top competition, under a creative manager at a progressive club.  Kudos to Brighton, they’ve become a model for smaller clubs - but this is a no-lose for Barcelona.

Mmm I know it’s only one signing but there’s an argument that this is against their usual mode. All it takes is one big time charlie and their model starts to wane.

Who am I kidding? There’s only one LCFC… that 16/17 window still scares the shit out of me.

11 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Ansu Fati to Brighton, what an exciting signing for them. 

10 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

It’s mad to think we got Champs League football and recruited some proper shite in comparison to the players these and others are bringing in 

10 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m fed up of being jealous of Brighton. 

10 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

How the f**k did they manage to sign a up and coming Barcelona player whose already scored 22 goals for the Spanish club 🙄

Because he's crocked. They've been trying to sell him for a few windows now, hoping to cash in to one of Europe's big giants for literally €100m before anyone notices his pace has significantly dropped, his performances are nowhere near where they were and his legs are made of silly string. 

He's had a number of operations that haven't taken properly and he's never been the same since. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Because he's crocked. They've been trying to sell him for a few windows now, hoping to cash in to one of Europe's big giants for literally €100m before anyone notices his pace has significantly dropped, his performances are nowhere near where they were and his legs are made of silly string. 

He's had a number of operations that haven't taken properly and he's never been the same since. 

I doubt Brighton are that dumb given how well they’ve done in the market but let’s see. Maybe this is a manager signing, and the start of their slippery slope but think that’s unlikely. 

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This, I think TIFO made a good video on this

3 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I doubt Brighton are that dumb given how well they’ve done in the market but let’s see. Maybe this is a manager signing, and the start of their slippery slope but think that’s unlikely. 

Brighton aren't dumb, they're loaning him. 

There's every chance that his injury problems can be resolved. Barcelona massively fvcked up his recovery from a fairly routine knee operation which lead to him going back under the knife two more times and eventually having a bit of his knee cut out to remove an infection. 

His physios think there's a reasonable chance that his subsequent injuries are caused by him over compensating for a lack of confidence in his knee. 

There's a chance that what he needs is a fresh start out of the Barca spotlight and just time to recover his confidence, both in his ability and in his knee. But there's also a chance he's finished at the highest level. But then, Brighton aren't at the highest level. 

5 minutes ago, Torten said:

This, I think TIFO made a good video on this

Indeed.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, shen said:

So not too far from what we did with Hirst then? Signed for OHL on a free to avoid paying compensation for an academy player, played there for a year or so, then turned up at Leicester and sold for a small profit after not making the grade? 

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Pretty obvious we didn't do that for FFP however. 

I hate FFP, it's a joke, but whilst it's in place @shen is obviously right. It's bad enough that it massively favours the wealthiest clubs as it is but having the wealthiest clubs brazenly take the piss out of it by having their sister clubs "buy" their players to cover shortfalls makes it even worse.

It's a stupid loophole but the fact its a loophole almost exclusively exploitable by the already powerful is ugly. 

I actually think it's quite to our credit that even though we've got well documented FFP problems, we actually HAVEN'T fvcked around much with OHL tbh. 

Yeah never said it was FFP related just that we exploited it. Barnsley are part of a wider group that could also easily exploit it, made up of sides that are hardly powerful.