Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

World Football Thread 2023/2024

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Probably happen too.

When I first saw the headline I rolled my eyes. He's a year away from getting his dream move, I don't see him agreeing to this given its entirely for PSGs benefit. 

But if they're insane enough to pay a billion euros to get him for a year it'll probably happen. His bridges look totally burned at PSG. 

Does seem silly of PIF to completely help a major rival out financially though. 

As an aside, it is completely disgusting the way PSG have treated him. I don't care how much money he's made, he signed this contract extension with them fully on the understanding he'd serve it and then leave for free. They knew then what he wanted, he has every right to do that. They decided to be reckless with their money. 

Bullying him out of the club and his contract is vile. I know he's an out of touch millionaire and I'm not COMPLETELY sympathetic to him but regardless, the scale of the situation is irrelevant, he's a worker and he has rights. 

4 hours ago, Super_horns said:

They will be at Easter Road  cheering their  “heroes” on though next week.

Often find most of the Scottish teams get knocked out of Europe before the main stages .

Because they are shit league one level clubs. Even then that's being kind :)

Thats my ignorant comment quota reply for the day used up. Lol

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Amazing how far behind the Irish and Welsh leagues are. 

Getting left behind by the likes of Malta and Faroe Islands.

Can't speak for the Irish but I mean, all of the top Welsh clubs play in the English league system. The Welsh league is comparable to like, Northern/Southern Premiership or something. If that. 

42 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Can't speak for the Irish but I mean, all of the top Welsh clubs play in the English league system. The Welsh league is comparable to like, Northern/Southern Premiership or something. If that. 

Yeah I did think that. Although I remember Connah’s Quay Nomads giving Partizan Belgrade a good game. 

Still thought they’d be higher than 51st in the coefficient 

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yeah I did think that. Although I remember Connah’s Quay Nomads giving Partizan Belgrade a good game. 

Still thought they’d be higher than 51st in the coefficient 

Put it this way, Colwyn Bay were struggling butt sliding down the English league system to about two (I think?) levels below Boston United in NLN. 

They moved back to the Welsh league system in the second tier and smashed it at the first attempt winning like 20+ consecutive games. 

• Thanks 1

🔵🚨.. The English Premier League is changing the goal celebration rules so that the players share the joy when they score goals for their team and the reason is said to be a waste of time.
The referees union PGMOL has approved a law issued by the IFAB, which is the committee that sets the rules of football, and the referees are allowed to punish and give cards to players who run towards the side of the field or towards the fans in celebration, and it is only required that the player when goal scorer to run towards the center of the field to reduce the loss of time.

might be a hoax 

42 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Team from the Faroe Islands have made European group stages for the first time tonight! 

Klaksvik? Not quite CL group stages yet... 

There's another qualifying round to go where they play Molde. 

Genk are out though losing to Servette which is a bit of a surprise. Rangers play them next.