Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

World Football Thread 2023/2024

womens Worldcup Football..
I don’t know if it’s had it’s airing elsewhere…but women complaining about the disparity between the men and women prize money,wages etc at Profi-level.

yes I believe there should be an even better improved on the world stage,and I love to watch Women’s Internationals regularly…but it’s not like many normal jobs qualified or not where same quality , delivery and shift is given.& incorrectly women stillplay 2nd fiddle.

But sorry even has a completely sold fan,and your games which can be just has good and entertaining per se…

The all round quality just ain’t the same…and the telling factor in this capitalist society, at both club and International level, you don’t get the crowds through the turnstiles..nor the same amount of TV customers compared to the men,in any sport,besides  maybe Athletic meetings..

Even the FIFA/Euefa presidents shouldn’t promise too much…or the sport will suffer if the same entry prices are expected.

Tennis won a lot of ground,

but ladies play only 3 sets to men’s 5..

Women in many sports have fought well to be accepted on equal terms & rightly so

but in sport,until the top 20-50+ women can compete with the top 100+ men reaching the same hights and consistent quality, there should be no parity on wages

or prize money.. 

Obviously IMO..!!

I have had 2 professions and high qualified jobs, Engineer m/c builder, & toolmaker,

then IT-operations and telecommunications. Here I have argued since my apprenticeship that all/any women doing the same should take home the same wages.. One area they might suffer is heavy lifting without workshop/site cranes.

Though many a male  have ruined their later lives by trying to be too macho in building and these trades..

Lifting/mounting machinery onto other machines or laying railing or fitting heavy gear. And cabling sets or single cables in both industries.. but even then often they pull their own weight..

High performance sport a totally different proposition..

Edited by fuchsntf

14 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

After all the fan fair and praise of Forest Green hiring a female manager she is now replaced after just 3 weeks and she’s back to U23s.

Just all seems a bit off using her in a PR type stunt 

Wasn’t she just an interim appointment anyway?

22 hours ago, Wymsey said:

A bit of a strange signing for them, this, if true..

Thought he was very much hit-and-miss at Southampton.

They're still nowhere near out of the woods financially. Players like this help them pad out the squad, he'll be fine ticking things over against bottom half La Liga clubs so they can rest the like of Gundogan for Europe and big games etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Not pre season without Bayern absolutely smashing someone. Not sure I see the point to be honest. 

Screenshot_20230718-195016.png

They've played them before in pre-season and smashed 20+ on those occasions as well. I don't see the point in it. 

54 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They've played them before in pre-season and smashed 20+ on those occasions as well. I don't see the point in it. 

Simply the nearest club to where Bayern have their training camp. All the money goes to the local club. Nothing more than fitness for Bayern. 

It’s very common in Germany 

• Like 1

Pretty mad result in Champions League qualifiers - KI Klaksvik of Faroe Islands beat Ferencvaros 0-3 away from home. Population of Klaksvik is less than Barrow-upon-Soar and Ferencvaros won a Europa League group last season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Living in Canada, when I meet people they often ask me if I like "soccer". I met a guy last week who claimed to be interested in it and he asked who I supported. I said that we got relegated and it caused a whole world of confusion.  "So you are in a reserve league now" Nooo.   Naturally I started to describe the football pyramid but it still wasnt sinking in, so I used wrexham as an example as I knew he would have heard of them. 

I explained how they have to get promoted 3 times to reach the premier league. He responded "so currently wrexham are in 4th place and they need to get promoted to get first place" I just nodded and moved on with my life.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1