Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

20 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Those first five should be 15 points genuinely. 

Yes if we want to go up. Aside from Coventry who finished top 6, our early home games are all against rubbish - Cardiff, Hull, Bristol City, Preston. 

20 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sept looks a tad difficult - Southampton away, Norwich away, Bristol City home, Blackburn away 

Oh come on. I know what you mean but we still have a PL mindset. The hardest game in this division is the easiest in the PL. 

I want us to retain our swagger. 

Everton would. West Ham would. Newcastle did. Even Villa did.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Oh come on. I know what you mean but we still have a PL mindset. The hardest game in this division is the easiest in the PL. 

I want us to retain our swagger. 

Everton would. West Ham would. Newcastle did. Even Villa did.

Sorry, I won't assess potential difficulty of fixtures again. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jabfox said:

Anyone else getting slightly excited now in a weird way? 

Still a long way to go with transfers etc but seeing the fixtures has just made it all a bit real. 

Blackburn Rovers last game of the season at home written in the stars we will lift the championship trophy.

• Like 1

This game has the potential to set the tone for the rest of the season. Its going to be a sell out. Win and win well and the fans will be rocking but a half arsed draw or loss and you'll soon see attendances drop by about 10k.

1 hour ago, JoachimWasMyHero said:

Surely this will be on Sky, Friday Night?

It’s not Coventry it’s covscum, maybe a little edit in your thread title wouldn’t go a miss 🤣, on a serious note I can’t stand them, but gutted the day and time of kick off 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Really didn't want them first game. We will no doubt have some teething problems with a new manager, a new playing style and a new playing squad. I couldn't think of anything worse than losing to Coventry at home in the competitive game after relegation. 

Agree. Think it's the worst possible time this could've fallen. There'd be nothing worse than starting with a loss at home to these too.

I do think our August is very kind on the whole though - much as I think there are likely to be teething problems, that's a kind run of games on paper.

• Like 1

I think this is probably the worst opening game we could have. Local rivals who will be up for it and have had a few good seasons in this league, whereas we will have just got off the plane from the far east. 

This really needs to be an eye opener for the club that they need to work really hard in pre season. We haven’t sold anyone yet (Tielemans doesn’t count as his contract was up) so we literally have no idea who’ll be in the team and it’s only 6 weeks away.

I really hope this stupid tour of the far east doesn’t come back to bite, and that’s it not a holiday camp.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Really didn't want them first game. We will no doubt have some teething problems with a new manager, a new playing style and a new playing squad. I couldn't think of anything worse than losing to Coventry at home in the competitive game after relegation. 

They will finish in the top 10, if we can beat them despite all the squad issues the season can only get better from there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I really hope this stupid tour of the far east doesn’t come back to bite, and that’s it not a holiday camp.

Have to wonder how any new signings (if we make any before late August 🙄) will be integrated when they’re swanning off over there for a few weeks

30 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Anyone else getting slightly excited now in a weird way? 

Still a long way to go with transfers etc but seeing the fixtures has just made it all a bit real. 

Coventry at home has to be a more exciting fixture to go to for the match going fan than Burnley, Luton, Crystal Palace or Bournemouth, it is what it is let's go. A fresh start.

• Like 2

Just now, adam said:

Decent game but crap kick off time. Hate midday games. Atmosphere is  usually crap.

First game if the season won't be, both teams have a fire in there belly, from how the seasons ended. Both will see the other as a good team to measure themselves against.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Coventry at home has to be a more exciting fixture to go to for the match going fan than Burnley, Luton, Crystal Palace or Bournemouth, it is what it is let's go. A fresh start.

Agreed, I think the KP will be rocking just a shame it's not a Saturday!