Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoachimWasMyHero

Coventry Home First Game of the Season

5 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

25 wins, 11 draws, 10 defeats, we still have enough to get buy for a couple of weeks before the business all wrapped up when the transfer window closes. If it hasn't been sorted before, the main thing is we have a manager with a point to prove.

My point is, you can pluck points or a spread of results out of thin air - but what's it based on? 

I'm not saying there isn't reason to be optimistic ahead of a new season, but there's currently so little information to go on, given we've got a totally unproven and untested manager and there will be so many changes to the squad between now and the end of the window? 

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

My point is, you can pluck points or a spread of results out of thin air - but what's it based on? 

I'm not saying there isn't reason to be optimistic ahead of a new season, but there's currently so little information to go on, given we've got a totally unproven and untested manager and there will be so many changes to the squad between now and the end of the window? 

Nobody can predict football even when all the information is in though, Burnley weren't expected to do as well as they did. I just think players like Justin, KDH, Iverson, Souttar, Vardy and Daka will be here. Nobody would have had Fulham 10th at the end of August when the window closed, that's the beauty of football, its a low scoring game, so unpredictable. I think winning every other game near enough, losing 1 out of every 4 or 5 and drawing 1 out of every 4 or 5 doesn't seem unreasonable.

We have 4 winnable games in August before the window shuts, win them all and the players that may be open to staying will be a lot more receptive if we are top at the end of August. I'm thinking Nacho, Vardy, KDH, Souttar, Iverson Kristiansen and Justin 

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Iverson

Souttar

Faes

Coady

Kristiansen

KDH

Choudary/ New signing 

Justin

Nacho

Vardy

Daka

Let's go, good enough to beat Coventry for whatever Coady costs.

If that’s the side come the start of the season, I’ll cry 😭 

• Like 1

I understand the reservation about playing Cov first but I think their squad will be just as much upheaval as ours - equally their season lasted longer than ours, so pre-season will be working to a similar schedule (whereas some clubs will have been in for two weeks before us). 

Just now, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Aren't there going to be 6 Saturday 12:30 kick offs across the three divisions every week with the new TV deal? Get used to it if so.

24/25 isn’t it?

Call me skeptical but no way are these fixtures are auto generated! 

If I had to pick a worse possible start to the season this would be the fixture. If we are to gain promotion we need to get off to a good start and get confident early. Somebody like Rotherham at home would have been ideal. Somebody who would have been wary of us and sat back, get a good result and set the marker. 

Coventry will go in as a settled team who will not fear us as they will be aiming for promotion themselves so will come here to win. Against a new manager, new style of play and a set of new players who have never played a competitive game as a team. This is a very loseable fixture for us that could drain our confidence. A banana skim to say the least. 

oh well, we have to play everybody twice and if we do manage to get 3 points it will give me some real confidence. 

Coady and Souttar, two very slow defenders playing a highline, yay. Recipe for disaster. Especially Souttar, as I'm still not convinced by him. Coady is at least an experienced intelligent player.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

Call me skeptical but no way are these fixtures are auto generated! 

If I had to pick a worse possible start to the season this would be the fixture. If we are to gain promotion we need to get off to a good start and get confident early. Somebody like Rotherham at home would have been ideal. Somebody who would have been wary of us and sat back, get a good result and set the marker. 

Coventry will go in as a settled team who will not fear us as they will be aiming for promotion themselves so will come here to win. Against a new manager, new style of play and a set of new players who have never played a competitive game as a team. This is a very loseable fixture for us that could drain our confidence. A banana skim to say the least. 

oh well, we have to play everybody twice and if we do manage to get 3 points it will give me some real confidence. 

Their two main player are heavily rumoured to be leaving this summer. As it stands they have 16 senior players on their books.