Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games selected for TV 23/24

33 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

ITV4 - 9pm Saturdays 

That is a much more reasonable time than MOTD to be fair. May not be so popular with my wife mind. I get away with MOTD because she can’t keep her eyes open past 10pm 😂

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

That is a much more reasonable time than MOTD to be fair. May not be so popular with my wife mind. I get away with MOTD because she can’t keep her eyes open past 10pm 😂

Tbf I rarely stay up for MOTD because it's on a stupid time. Ends up finishing at nearly midnight doesn't it!?

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

Question for any fellow iptv account holder.

On iptv we seemingly get every international channel possible so it was so easy to choose from endless amount of channels and sources to find us in the prem last year.

Will that still be the same this year will our championship games still be on at least a couple of channels somewhere worldwide so our IPTV will have the stream? Or us it going to be a pain?

Yes, as a dress rehearsal for this season coming I watched some of the playoffs on iFollow. which is the host clubs own TV channel. I read on here that LCFC won't be providing iFollow, but presumably every other club we play will. So we will be able to watch matches on the team we are playing iFollow channel, will be their commentary but that's not a problem. I do not envisage any problems being able to watch all our matches on TV this season.

By the way, the highlights ITV do are shite. 

If its the same format as last season, they do the goals. Then the analysis is just Lee Hendrie, Dean Ashton, Danny Higginbotham or someone else replaying the goals with the dreariness and dullness of someone repeating the alphabet for the 100th time.

'yeah, Vardy picks it up here, and he slots it past the keeper.' 

'yeah, here's Vardy's 2nd, same kind of goal, through on goal and he puts it past the keeper'. 

'Iversen does well here, the shot comes in, and he saves it with his right hand'. 

It's so boring. I end up watching on fast forward in between the matches. Don't expect various angles of goals or contentious decisions either. It'll be the main angle and then the main angle slowed down or zoomed in blurrily, giving no clear view or conclusion to the decision lol

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yes, as a dress rehearsal for this season coming I watched some of the playoffs on iFollow. which is the host clubs own TV channel. I read on here that LCFC won't be providing iFollow, but presumably every other club we play will. So we will be able to watch matches on the team we are playing iFollow channel, will be their commentary but that's not a problem. I do not envisage any problems being able to watch all our matches on TV this season.

How much does iFollow cost? Is it a per match charge? And presumably you don’t have to be local to the club?

15 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

How much does iFollow cost? Is it a per match charge? And presumably you don’t have to be local to the club?

My mate supports Hull and I'm sure he pays £10 a game.

17 hours ago, Fox92 said:

My mate supports Hull and I'm sure he pays £10 a game.

Olesport costs less than £80 a year (it’s $95) and you can watch everything - EPL, Championship, all the Euro matches and leagues - and the quality is excellent. Needs a VPN, but that’s not a lot.

I’m also going to look into IPTV, which seems to be even better value.

On 29/06/2023 at 13:27, Jakemoore said:

Solution for you. Put any clocks forward on Saturdays by an hour and from 6pm , really 5pm, keep mentioning that you’re looking forward to Match of the Day at 10 and encourage her to start yawning by throwing a yawn in every 10 minutes.

By 8.30 she’ll be 100% thinking about bed and won’t be wondering why Leicester are still on MOTD as she’s a lady and will probably be thinking of fluffy kittens, new dresses and Prosecco rather than what league Leicester are in. Help her upstarirs at 8.45 with a mug of hot chocolate or a pint of Aperol spritz and you are free to watch the Championship in total peace.

Happy days….nights

38 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

Olesport costs less than £80 a year (it’s $95) and you can watch everything - EPL, Championship, all the Euro matches and leagues - and the quality is excellent. Needs a VPN, but that’s not a lot.

I’m also going to look into IPTV, which seems to be even better value.

Iptv is obviously unbeatable if you’re talking value only. About 9000 channels for £50 a year. The Norwegian inter country u16 chess tournament has been good viewing this week 

So if LCFC are not signing-up to i-follow, surely they must be doing something separately ??   Any new from over there? 

Looks like you can select match-day passes from opposing Clubs once you have signed up and got an account.  You can read all this on the Cobblers official site.

25 minutes ago, UKEchelon said:

Looks like the club has rebranded LCFC TV to 'Fox Play' with info coming soon on the live broadcast section.

Saw that:  This could be our i-follow??

On 03/07/2023 at 11:43, mozartfox said:

So if LCFC are not signing-up to i-follow, surely they must be doing something separately ??   Any new from over there? 

Looks like you can select match-day passes from opposing Clubs once you have signed up and got an account.  You can read all this on the Cobblers official site.

Looks like it’s not an “if” as we aren’t listed as a partner club on the EFL website. we are one of the 32 outsiders. 

40 clubs for the 2023/24 season will use the EFL's iFollow platform to give access to games, while the remaining 32 Clubs will use their own platforms.

1 minute ago, OriginalRobboFOX said:

Looks like it’s not an “if” as we aren’t listed as a partner club on the EFL website. we are one of the 32 outsiders. 

40 clubs for the 2023/24 season will use the EFL's iFollow platform to give access to games, while the remaining 32 Clubs will use their own platforms.

Yippee…. 21st Century Fox it is then.  Hoping for digital match day magazine too as part of the home game packages. 

Not moving because of TV, but potentially relevant. Tigers European Cup fixtures are out and all the TV coverage is announced so I think they are set in stone:

Sunday December 10th Home vs Stormers. Suggests the Plymouth game will stay on the Saturday or if move won't be to Sunday. 

Saturday January 20th Home vs Leinster. Suggests the Ipswich game will move. 

10 minutes ago, Duncan_K said:

Not moving because of TV, but potentially relevant. Tigers European Cup fixtures are out and all the TV coverage is announced so I think they are set in stone:

Sunday December 10th Home vs Stormers. Suggests the Plymouth game will stay on the Saturday or if move won't be to Sunday. 

Saturday January 20th Home vs Leinster. Suggests the Ipswich game will move. 

Ahahah as if! UFS 10 year party that weekend. Thought that was a safe bet for no move.

From EFL website https://www.efl.com/how-to-watch/upcoming-tv-games/:

“In order to assist supporters with their plans around fixtures selected for broadcast, the EFL and broadcast partners Sky Sports have agreed to a minimum five-week commitment for the announcement of games for TV coverage. The five week commitment is shortened to four weeks’ public notice from March and the notice period remains at three weeks for the penultimate weekend of the season.

TV selections for the final day of the season will be released a week prior.

Below are the approximate dates for when the announcements on matches that have been selected for live TV broadcast will be made.

Match dates Announced by date
12-19 August 8 July
26 August - 20 September 21 July
23 September - 7 October 18 August
21 October - 11 November 15 September
25 November - 13 December 21 October
16 December - 1 January 10 November
13 January - 3 February 8 December
10 - 24 February  5 January
2 - 6 March 2 February
9 March 9 February
16 March 16 February
29 March - 1 April (Easter) 1 March
6 - 10 April 8 March
13 April 15 March
20 April 28 March
27 April 5 April
4 May 29 April
N.B. These dates are illustrative and subject to change"
  • Like 3

On 01/07/2023 at 16:28, grobyfox1990 said:

Iptv is obviously unbeatable if you’re talking value only. About 9000 channels for £50 a year. The Norwegian inter country u16 chess tournament has been good viewing this week 

Fabiano Caruana woz robbed.... games a joke i tell ya

• Haha 1