Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Cesare Casadei - Loan

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah, why wouldn't they? It's genius. They're absolutely riding the wave at the moment, the Disney+ doc was huge in the States. The commercial revenue they'll make relative to their size will absolutely carry them for the next couple of seasons. 

I’m sure I read recently that their shirt sales were more than double that of anyone in the Championship last year…when they were in the National League!

They’re still adding massive sponsors now so the wave is certainly being ridden.

Pretty bonkers what the documentary has done for them. The power of marketing and PR eh?

• Like 4

Just now, James_lcfc said:

I’m sure I read recently that their shirt sales were more than double that of anyone in the Championship last year…when they were in the National League!

They’re still adding massive sponsors now so the wave is certainly being ridden.

Pretty bonkers what the documentary has done for them. The power of marketing and PR eh?

Massively. They really know their audience. I used to say this about Celtic years ago when people were having the "they wouldn't survive in the Prem!" argument every two minutes. It's not about the current squad, it's about the power of marketing. 

Reynolds and Mac seriously know their audience and how to whip them up. They made a pokey little town non league football club a brand overnight. You've got football tourists crossing the Atlantic to come and watch fvcking Wrexham in non league lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

It's all revenue that goes to the club so as long as they recruit well they'll continue to progress through the leagues and it'll snowball, just outspend most til probably around championship. As an always sunny fan it was intriguing what they started but the docu is quite enjoyable and is definitely a good thing for a small ex mining community that fell by the wayside!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Massively. They really know their audience. I used to say this about Celtic years ago when people were having the "they wouldn't survive in the Prem!" argument every two minutes. It's not about the current squad, it's about the power of marketing. 

Reynolds and Mac seriously know their audience and how to whip them up. They made a pokey little town non league football club a brand overnight. You've got football tourists crossing the Atlantic to come and watch fvcking Wrexham in non league lol

lol

I've followed quite closely as it's pretty interesting, and I'm a bit IASIP fan. They know themselves that they are going to hit a ceiling financially and will eventually need outside investment - It's just a case of how high they can get before that's the case.

Even their players are genuine stars now, it's hilarious. Although having watched a bit last year, I'm pretty sure Mullin would do quite well in the Championship...it's handy having a player of that level in the NL!

Just now, James_lcfc said:

lol

I've followed quite closely as it's pretty interesting, and I'm a bit IASIP fan. They know themselves that they are going to hit a ceiling financially and will eventually need outside investment - It's just a case of how high they can get before that's the case.

Even their players are genuine stars now, it's hilarious. Although having watched a bit last year, I'm pretty sure Mullin would do quite well in the Championship...it's handy having a player of that level in the NL!

A fair few of their players would do alright in the Championship, they bought well beyond the National League to get promoted. 

Given the kinda budgets in L2 and L1, they'll cruise up over the next few years. I don't see them plateauing until they hit the Championship. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 3 titles in 7 years said:

I want this player more than anyone we have been linked to.

Then you need to calm yourself because he probably isn't coming and if he is it'll definitely only be for a year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Levi Port said:

He’s made for that 8 position I’m really disappointed that this doesn’t look to be happening. 

Why? Quality player but we need to be buying our own players rather than loaning them. I cant see chelsea in particular be willing to sell a young talent if he did lead us to promotion.

5 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Why? Quality player but we need to be buying our own players rather than loaning them. I cant see chelsea in particular be willing to sell a young talent if he did lead us to promotion.

His profile of player fits what Enzo wants from his 8’s. Box to box, capable defender inside and on the wing, good stature, decent in the air can, play off both feet, can make runs into the box and finish. I make him sound better than he is but as loan’s go it’s a good one.  He could help us back up and we reinvest next season into a better quality of 8 on a permanent when our finances are healthier.

Very much agree though regarding developing our own and I would rather us get someone in on a permanent, and if they have the quality then that’s the ideal scenario of course. 

Edited by Levi Port
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Levi Port said:

His profile of player fits what Enzo wants from his 8’s. Box to box, capable defender inside and on the wing, good stature, decent in the air can, play off both feet, can make runs into the box and finish. I make him sound better than he is but as loan’s go it’s a good one.  He could help us back up and we reinvest next season into a better quality of 8 on a permanent when our finances are healthier.

Very much agree though regarding developing our own and I would rather us get someone in on a permanent, and if they have the quality then that’s the ideal scenario of course. 

You just see it so often where teams with players on loan get promoted, you have to either spend twice as much to buy the player or you have to find a, usually worse, replacement.

4 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

yeah, it's almost like winning the league at 5000/1. but without any footballing talent.

3 hours ago, honeybradger said:

If we had a policy of only buying our own players, we'd end up with a few shit players or making do with the shit players we already have - sometimes a loan is the perfect solution, especially when we're back in yo-yo mode.

3 hours ago, Levi Port said:

Like braybrook and alves, you mean?

• Like 1

On 20/07/2023 at 09:23, Finnegan said:

Yeah, why wouldn't they? It's genius. They're absolutely riding the wave at the moment, the Disney+ doc was huge in the States. The commercial revenue they'll make relative to their size will absolutely carry them for the next couple of seasons. 

Imagine if someone like Reynolds took over Hinckley United or Quorn, though..

Edited by Wymsey