Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Cesare Casadei - Loan

12 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

This would be a ridiculous team. Not saying we’ll get Palmer/ keep Barnes. But if we did…

Hermansen 

Ricardo - Souttar - Coady - Doyle

Casadei - Winks - KDH

Palmer   -   Daka   -   Barnes 

Nacho for Daka please!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

This would be a ridiculous team. Not saying we’ll get Palmer/ keep Barnes. But if we did…

Hermansen 

Ricardo - Souttar - Coady - Doyle

Casadei - Winks - KDH

Palmer   -   Daka   -   Barnes 

Hermansen 

Ricardo - Faes - Coady - Doyle

Casadei - Winks - KDH

Palmer   -   Nacho   -   Barnes 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Hermansen 

Ricardo - Faes - Coady - Doyle

Casadei - Winks - KDH

Palmer   -   Nacho   -   Barnes 

Borges in for Barnes and Piroe in for Nacho and I think that looks about right 

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

Why are people putting a team with Doyle as out and out left back? He’s a centre half! He either plays next to Souttar or Coady or on the left of a three!

Literally played there yesterday 

5 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Literally played there yesterday 

I didn’t watch the game as I’m away so busy. I saw he was down there on the graphics but they can sometimes have the formation wrong so I wasn’t sure so thank you.

Still raised the question why though. We have two left backs so playing a centre back feels like square pegs again!

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

Why are people putting a team with Doyle as out and out left back? He’s a centre half! He either plays next to Souttar or Coady or on the left of a three!

Because it looks like we will set up with our right back inverting into midfield when we have the ball - then the other three defenders take up a back three formation. Doyle will be on the left side of that three.  Pep has tended to use centre backs in this formation as left back in the four 

I assume JJ would be ok moving across into the three but not sure VK is 

it means we have a CB playing left back when we are defending (not on transition) but I suspect the coach doesn’t think we are likely to be doign that much 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, David Hiorns said:

Problem with that line up is it includes Daka who is in no way shape or form a footballer 

Yesterday was a reminder of just how poor he actually is. He might be a decent finisher but his ball control, simple passing and decision making isn't improving. Really want him to do well as he seems like a top lad but he really needs to dramatically improve to hold down a first team place. 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Because it looks like we will set up with our right back inverting into midfield when we have the ball - then the other three defenders take up a back three formation. Doyle will be on the left side of that three.  Pep has tended to use centre backs in this formation as left back in the four 

it means we have a CB playing left back when we are defending (not on transition) but I suspect the coach doesn’t think we are likely to be doign that much 

And he's a good 'footballer' much like Ake. This position has transformed Ake from a squad player to one of their players of the season. Doyle could easily slot in there if Maresca knows how to coach it.

• Like 1

Doyle looked very average as a left back, maybe because he has never played there. A very strange decision , VK is obviously vastly better. If Maresca is trying to shoehorn him into the team that would be his first big mistake. The lad either plays in a back three or less likely two or is benched.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

well if you look at how man city have utilized ake out there i think there’s every chance we see it. 

It seems that this system is going to have your left cb also play left back and just switch positions depending on the current team transition.

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Doyle looked very average as a left back, maybe because he has never played there. A very strange decision , VK is obviously vastly better. If Maresca is trying to shoehorn him into the team that would be his first big mistake. The lad either plays in a back three or less likely two or is benched.

He started out as a left back 

His heatmap from last season with Cov

Some involvement towards the centre of the pitch which will have also been because he played a fair few games as centre of a back 3, but even when he was starting as a left centre back of a 3 he was still being involved a lot in the areas you expect to see from a left back

image.png.774739c1c8b66a6429040adcbd9b0906.png

Edited by moore_94
  • Thanks 1

It doesn't take much to make Guest laugh does it. Here we go then , George Hirst will take over from Kane in the England team. Seriously folks though, we have four CBS who will all want to play and we need to get the defense at least settled. Spurs and Liverpool will determine the best arrangement.

36 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I recommend watching the highlights, as our formation looks very strange when you're not familiar with it. 

It's very fluid with some players transitioning between positions during play. 

It's almost as if we're playing without Fullbacks at all, with Ricardo playing CM and pulling back into the LB position when out of possession. 

Likewise Doyle was playing CB in attack but RB out of possession. 

I personally can’t see us going with 2 wingers, I think it’ll be more of a 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 however you see it. I think the front 2 will be Piroe just behind Vardy, with KDH, Winks and Casadei in midfield. 

Could be wrong though, he may play Doyle at LB and let Ricardo/JJ bomb on from the RB position, not sure what this does for Thomas or Kristianson though?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JayT - Always A Fox! said:

I personally can’t see us going with 2 wingers, I think it’ll be more of a 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 however you see it. I think the front 2 will be Piroe just behind Vardy, with KDH, Winks and Casadei in midfield. 

Could be wrong though, he may play Doyle at LB and let Ricardo/JJ bomb on from the RB position, not sure what this does for Thomas or Kristianson though?

I don't think the RB will be "bombing on". By the looks of it, the RB will be stepping into the midfield alongside Winks. 

I reckon Doyle will be in that LB slot, coming inside to create a back three when on the ball. I think VK will be ok there but not Thomas. 

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sounds extremely confusing and as an oppo manager, the first thing I'd do is launch the ball into the channels if our full backs are AWOL on midfield duty with an added bonus of pulling a centre half out of position into wide areas. 

I'd also go stick a big centre forward on one of our centre halves so they don't have the luxury of putting their foot on the ball. 

These total football tactics sound worryingly simple for opponent analysts to deconstruct so far.