Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Cesare Casadei - Loan

2 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

0-0 nailed on. What then?

The big question ? Did we take an almighty risk in hiring a manager with no track record. Basically recruiting a virtually whole new squad of pretty average players. We are almost, but not quite in a no win situation because the type of talent needed to get us back to the premier will not consider a drop to the championship, even loans. If we lose to Coventry and have a string of poor results, then I guess we made the wrong strategy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

No just validate your statement as it seems a gross exaggeration.But not to worry we can agree to disagree about our incredibly toxic atmosphere’s last season.

Did you think last season was all sunshine and roses? I don't see what you're getting at. It was undoubtedly toxic.

I hate that the window doesnt shut by the first game. 

I know it was about maintaining competitiveness but the way our club is run we will hold out until the final day for a player like this (while all our other options find other clubs) just for him to turn us down. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FosseSpark said:

Close the thread. No chance Casadei comes to the champo.

And the banter is woeful

The lad has only 15 senior games in his career and thats for a relegated reading team so that doesn't give him the god given right to only play in the premier league or the highest level just yet. Keep thread open.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, les-tah said:

The lad has only 15 senior games in his career and thats for a relegated reading team so that doesn't give him the god given right to only play in the premier league or the highest level just yet. Keep thread open.

Threads getting too argumentative.  Not banterlicious enough.  No longer care about signing the player.  

Close thread.  

12 hours ago, Fox1norfolk said:

The big question ? Did we take an almighty risk in hiring a manager with no track record. Basically recruiting a virtually whole new squad of pretty average players. We are almost, but not quite in a no win situation because the type of talent needed to get us back to the premier will not consider a drop to the championship, even loans. If we lose to Coventry and have a string of poor results, then I guess we made the wrong strategy.

If the type of talent required to get out of the championship won't play in the championship then how do you explain teams like Brighton, Brentford, Villa, Fulham dare I say it, the biggest success story of them all, Us?? 

There is a huge risk is hiring Enzo, it's probably going to go 1 of 2 ways, huge success or massive failure and we're looking for a new manager by Christmas (there is the 3rd possibility of not so successful but slight improvement for 2 or 3 years and then success, but I don't think we'll have the patience for that) 

Talent is only as good as the team around it. 1 or 2 stars is not as good as 11 average ones, surely as Leicester fans and our recent history, we understand that?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Watched the second half of Chelsea vs Newcastle, Casadei looked out of his depth to be honest at that level. I think he will be available this summer and I can see us getting him. 

He’s definitely available, the language from poch has been clear that he feels he needs time to develop.. all sounds different to the way he speaks of colwill imo. 

The real question is, will that be with us or in serie a 

• Like 1

Just now, LestaLad said:

A search through twitter (X) and the majority of Chelsea fans think Casadei will be loaned out, could be very good news for us.

it appears we have just joined a very long line of suitors, that’s all…

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

it appears we have just joined a very long line of suitors, that’s all…

True.. Although we do seem the strongest link I’ve seen so far, hoping they were taking a look at him on the US tour before agreeing to sanction his loan to us, that’s why our news has been a bit quiet due to waiting on this.

Percy & McGrath seemed quite positive on that initial link. 

Edited by LestaLad

2 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

True.. Although we do seem the strongest link I’ve seen so far, hoping they were taking a look at him on the US tour before agreeing to sanction his loan to us, that’s why our news has been a bit quiet due to waiting on this.

Percy & McGrath seemed quite positive on that initial link. 

id be delighted if we got him. Once the dust has settled and recent transfer buisness is confirmed, I’d be surprised if a couple of bottom half prem teams don’t come in for him..

Just now, MPH said:

id be delighted if we got him. Once the dust has settled and recent transfer buisness is confirmed, I’d be surprised if a couple of bottom half prem teams don’t come in for him..

I think we'll have a lot of players we're looking at but if we're up against prem teams then we'll struggle