Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Under Maresca

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

Haha that would explain why Rudkin looked like he'd never met the man before in the training ground videos. 

He never met him … didn’t interview him and was very Suprised when Susan and Top informed Rudkin that they had interviewed Enzo with a “consultant” present 

watch the training ground video again the two men had no connection and Rudkin was sheepish and awkward through the whole video 

this info take it or leave it came from a friend of Robbie, Susan’s husband 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

He never met him … didn’t interview him and was very Suprised when Susan and Top informed Rudkin that they had interviewed Enzo with a “consultant” present 

watch the training ground video again the two men had no connection and Rudkin was sheepish and awkward through the whole video 

Just like mid season again if this case. Susan has nothing to do with football though 

4 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

I think that’s the point 

Quite aware. The whole confusion post Rodgers was because of two people consulting Top were receiving telephone calls for differing managers. 

But the media constantly state she’s solely on the commerical side 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yet the bloke remains in place as DOF at LCFC & Leuven and Head of Operations for King Powers horse racing empire.

We sometimes hear of situations where Rudkin looks to have been completely undermined and that perhaps the end is nigh for him and yet still he remains. 

I wouldn't mind if we'd bring in a hands on Sporting Director with a good amount of footballing knowledge and left Rudkin to think he was still important but that doesn't happen. Whilst this ineptitude continues we as a club are at risk of further decline.

Genuine question 

what keeps him here Ric ? 

personally I think it’s because he knows too much about how we may or may not have circumvented certain FFP rules 

cos he isn’t being kept on because he is a genius at running footballing affairs in the group 

16 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Genuine question 

what keeps him here Ric ? 

personally I think it’s because he knows too much about how we may or may not have circumvented certain FFP rules 

cos he isn’t being kept on because he is a genius at running footballing affairs in the group 

Beats me, it would explain a lot of things if he he's only here because of the ramifications for getting rid of him but what a perilous position to be in.

I personally think the Thai culture of loyalty is what keeps him here, Vichai for whatever reason saw something in him that earnt his unwavering support and inclusion in the King Power inner circle and Top lacks the ruthlessness to make tough decisions in the midst of failure.

• Like 3

On 04/07/2023 at 18:05, fuchsntf said:

Just a thought…just thinking out loud..

I never believe in comparing up players,every individual has to make & create their own careers..

But from a fan view around pub tables…

Is it worth thinking of Justin in a Simpson role,but with more technical abilities moving forward, & crossing…

Though I do believe Ricardo,Justin,Kritiansen,Thomas, are quite good utility players,though I would prefer them when selected first butting down a singular role.

As far as i can remember a 'simpson role' was essentially sitting as deep as possible and clearing straight up the pitch.  There's a reason why he was one of the players least able to adapt to a possession/passing philosophy - he was an old school 'getintoem****emup' type defender.  There will be no such role under maresca, as there wasn't under BR and Puel.  If the Posh game is anything to go by, it seems most likely justin will be sharing the RB/IRB role with Ricardo, with Kristiansen/Thomas dropping into a back three.  

6 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Whilst that could end in disaster, if true that’s  very positive IMO. Even though Rudkin was a disaster last season, there is no way you could bring in a DOF this summer because there’s far too much to do. 

This makes it seem like he could get phased out…

• Like 1

The club is very private in its dealings and therefore there is very little gossip or speculation especially in regard to existing staff/management. 

Either Too was far from impressed with the potential candidates Rudkin was lining up and stepped in, or a decision has been made to sideline Rudders from the football side of the operation and therefore his role has been limited to certain aspects. 

If what @LinekersLugs is saying is true and I don’t doubt his information one bit, it’ does make me wonder if Rudkin will be replaced in his LCFC role,  but the given the importance of this summer and the need to recruit his replacement, he will stay on to support the transition albeit with reduced influence and responsibilities. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Sporting Director specific only to LCFC announced after the transfer window closes and then depending on availability and contractual obligations they will be in position for January or the end of the season, with Rudkin focusing on the wider KP aspects of his current role. 

• Like 1

Rudders time is up! Too many cockups and besides if top needed a fall guy he’d be perfect.I don’t buy into this Thai cultural loyalty myth. KP is a business and like any other player I’m sure are ruthless when they need to be. This is a bad period for our club and it’s hurting the bottom line which = profits & reputation. Heads have to roll and course corrected.

5 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Rudders time is up! Too many cockups and besides if top needed a fall guy he’d be perfect.I don’t buy into this Thai cultural loyalty myth. KP is a business and like any other player I’m sure are ruthless when they need to be. This is a bad period for our club and it’s hurting the bottom line which = profits & reputation. Heads have to roll and course corrected.

Well, based on that logic either a) rudkin would already have been sacked if Top felt there was cause or, b) Top doesn't believe he has cause to sack him or c) something else is going on that we don't know about and we should stop cluttering up other threads trying to guess based on rumour and gossip.....

19 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

As far as i can remember a 'simpson role' was essentially sitting as deep as possible and clearing straight up the pitch.  There's a reason why he was one of the players least able to adapt to a possession/passing philosophy - he was an old school 'getintoem****emup' type defender.  There will be no such role under maresca, as there wasn't under BR and Puel.  If the Posh game is anything to go by, it seems most likely justin will be sharing the RB/IRB role with Ricardo, with Kristiansen/Thomas dropping into a back three.  

Fair dues..Though the Posh game was nothing to hang too a technical philosophy.Manager first getting to see players in action,with just a sprinkling of his ideas....Each game he will hope to tinkle bit by bit on tactics. He might or might know more on who he sees leaving..after the Northampton game.

But again only minute glimpses of his tactical plans,only small implications.

But I was putting the idea like Simpson,

But Justin technically more gifted when pushing forward,but like Simpson covering CBs,when they drive forward..