Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Under Maresca

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Fair dues..Though the Posh game was nothing to hang too a technical philosophy.Manager first getting to see players in action,with just a sprinkling of his ideas....Each game he will hope to tinkle bit by bit on tactics. He might or might know more on who he sees leaving..after the Northampton game.

But again only minute glimpses of his tactical plans,only small implications.

But I was putting the idea like Simpson,

But Justin technically more gifted when pushing forward,but like Simpson covering CBs,when they drive forward..

Sure - early days - apparently JJ was used slightly differently to Ricardo - mor as an orthodox RB.  I'm not sure what JJ's best position is, because of his injuries he's actually still a very inexperienced player and despite early promise has not proven to have any kind of end product. 

• Like 1

If the comments here that Rudkin wasn’t involved in the interview process for Maresca and STILL remains at the club, Top and his ownership could be more damaging to the club than I initially thought. It’s scary to think where he might leave us.

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We don't currently have the players to get promoted. Counter attacking football would be no different in that sense. Look at the squad. The lack of pace, creativity and guile right now is massive. 

Maresca needs 3-4 new players minimum in midfield and support to the attack and I'm not convinced he'll get them.

I get the need to improve our defence first but we already have a nucleus of capable defenders in Souttar, Faes, Justin, Kristiansen, Thomas, Ricardo etc, they were just coached very badly. We have lost or are about to lose our entire triplet of creative players in Tielemans, Maddison and Barnes and the urgency to replace or even improve our options (we've long needed more options out wide and in attacking midfield) is non existent to the naked eye.

I'm sure it'll all be fine though, like the last 2 years have 🤥

I feel sorry for anyone that watches us next season unless we get in some quality recruits. 

Most games I imagine will be us passing the ball, with no ability or raw pace to get in the final 3rd, waiting for that mistake that costs us a goal.

We've got 3 weeks to find some quality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I feel sorry for anyone that watches us next season unless we get in some quality recruits. 

Most games I imagine will be us passing the ball, with no ability or raw pace to get in the final 3rd, waiting for that mistake that costs us a goal.

3 weeks ideally but 7 weeks in reality.

• Like 3

On 14/07/2023 at 12:04, filbertway said:

This seems to ignore Daka?  Not saying we don't need more creativity in there, but i don't think we should forget how good he can be, given the chance.

On 14/07/2023 at 11:04, filbertway said:

I am pleased we are fixing our major problem first, the time for attacking signings comes after, and quite rightly. Why on Earth would you do it any other way? It would be baffling after recent seasons shocking defensive performances.

We do seem to have an issue with shifting players, but it’s not only us it seems, unless we send them all on loan like Leeds.

23 hours ago, Dames said:

Because the stuff we've been served up since the first half of Rodgers first full season has been diabolical. Even when results were going our way we have been incredibly hard to watch for a long time.

It absolutely reeks of 'too good to stay down' just like last seasons 'too good to go down'. The mentality at the club is horrid, no grasp of the situation they find themselves in. 

I get that that attitude exists amongst some fans, but there's nothing to suggest that the club have 'no grasp of the situation' - everything we've seen so far suggests that they know exactly where they're at, and what they need to do to get out of it.  It feels to me that there is a very clear plan to rebuild starting with the manager and spreading through the team - the recruitment so far has addressed the very clear lack of leadership, and the rumours of potential targets (a ball playing keeper (Hermansen) and a striker who knows the league and is proven at this level (piroe)) suggests that they are building the right kind of team to make a decent challenge.

I think what is a foolish attitude are those people who expect us to have a finished product (squad-wise & performance-wise) by the start of the season.  I'm sure the club would expect to go up first time, but it feels like, given their choice of manager, there is room for a slightly longer stay.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

This seems to ignore Daka?  Not saying we don't need more creativity in there, but i don't think we should forget how good he can be, given the chance.

Haven’t really got anybody to give him the chances at the minute though. That’s the problem