Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Tactics Under Maresca

3 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

100% huge emphasis on getting the creative players right whether that’ll be from the number 8’s or wingers.

If the recruitment in these area’s is poor, I can see Enzo being out of a job come Christmas. 

I think we saw last season with Forest, that sticking with a manager & allowing him time to blend a team together can really work. Enzo will need some time with all the new players to get his message across & hopefully upper management will give him that time.

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Out of curiosity how would everyone rank our current strikers under Maresca’s style of play?

1) Kel

2) Daka

3) Vards

No shade on Vards just think with the potential space that’ll be left open I’m banking on seeing the Daka we all got excited for.

...people keep writing Vardy off, if we have Archer and Borges as wide forwards then with his movements he will be potent!!!

he has the same approach to games as he always had, I will still have him up front.

Nacho was not considered a fit for the possession system when he was at Man. City, he now has a problem which seems to have followed him here. Daka is a player to get on the end of things, being in the right place at the right time, he could be good this season.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I do feel eventually JJ will be deployed as the RCB seemed comfortable there previously and gives the back 3 that desired pace.

I really don’t want to think that Souttar buy was a bad one but put it this way, the below fixes the issue that got exploited today:

Kristiansen                Pereira 

Doyle  Coady  Justin

If they don’t leave this window I think we’re going to have some upset players if we’re not pushing for promotion come Jan

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I think we saw last season with Forest, that sticking with a manager & allowing him time to blend a team together can really work. Enzo will need some time with all the new players to get his message across & hopefully upper management will give him that time.

Agreed, but his style needs creativity. My point isn’t more so on Enzo, but more the recruitment. If they get it wrong, I feel the finger will be pointed at Maresca.

• Like 1

From the Merc's online page.... lol  Sounds like we are back where we started 2 years ago lol 

The new ideas were immediately clear to see, and they were familiar to anybody who watched City closely last pre-season.

As soon as City were in possession, they moved out of their 4-3-3 shape, Ricardo dropping into a defensive midfield position alongside Winks, with Jannik Vestergaard, Coady, and Victor Kristiansen stretching out into a back three. This was a tactic deployed by Brendan Rodgers a year ago, but one that was abandoned when Ricardo ruptured his Achilles in the final pre-season fixture.

And it was a tactic that had teething problems too. Inside five minutes, Peterborough switched the ball from right to left, and with Ricardo out of position and Vestergaard failing to intercept as he dived in, it gave Kwame Poku the time in the box to slam past Jakub Stolarczyk.

For all City’s possession, there were very few chances, or even many ventures into the Peterborough box, with Jamie Vardy isolated.

17 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Agreed, but his style needs creativity. My point isn’t more so on Enzo, but more the recruitment. If they get it wrong, I feel the finger will be pointed at Maresca.

I agree.

We have no idea how much input Enzo will have in recruitment. I don't want the same people who said ok to Bertram & Vesty to be providing players for Enzo.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

100% huge emphasis on getting the creative players right whether that’ll be from the number 8’s or wingers.

If the recruitment in these area’s is poor, I can see Enzo being out of a job come Christmas. 

Would sum us up to be honest as that can't be put entirely on him.

I wanted more by now. I don't see signs of the overhaul that we need. If we're going to go with another dogmatic manager then we have to shape the squad to suit that. I can see it being yet another situation where we've got players ill-suited to how the manager wants to play.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, filbertway said:

He let the last manager bring the club to its knees. Im pretty sure Enzo will get time 

I’m pretty sure that will never happen again …. I expect Enzo to be given a good chance but if we are languishing around the bottom half as Christmas arrives personally I think he will be culled ,  also heard a rumor that he wasn’t Ruskins pick and that Enzo got the job following a personal recommendation made to Top by a premier league club owner 👀👀

1 hour ago, LinekersLugs said:

I’m pretty sure that will never happen again …. I expect Enzo to be given a good chance but if we are languishing around the bottom half as Christmas arrives personally I think he will be culled ,  also heard a rumor that he wasn’t Ruskins pick and that Enzo got the job following a personal recommendation made to Top by a premier league club owner 👀👀

If it was not Duffkin´s choice, then I am extremely confident this is going to work for us.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

also heard a rumor that he wasn’t Ruskins pick and that Enzo got the job following a personal recommendation made to Top by a premier league club owner 👀👀

...not surprising,  that is in line with the Claudio appointment!!!

This club is limited in its football knowledge, I had doubts that they would have the foresight to go down the Maresca route by themselves. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not surprising,  that is in line with the Claudio appointment!!!

This club is limited in its football knowledge, I had doubts that they would have the foresight to go down the Maresca route by themselves. 

Probably Parker or retaining Smith 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Haha that would explain why Rudkin looked like he'd never met the man before in the training ground videos. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Agree with you but it's a bit different throwing shit against a wall until it sticks to get 37 points than it is to be under very limited time constraints to get out of a league at the first attempt. I don't see how we have longer than that. Nothing about the team build with Coady and Winks in their Prime wanting to be back in the Premier League, and a squad full of Internationals and players who usually play at the division above, suggests slow rebuild. We would be dismantled at the end of the year if we fail to go up, and anything he has worked on will have gone to waste anyway. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

For anyone looking to emulate Enzo at Leicester on FM23 then this is probably the closest you’re going to get:

https://www.rdftactics.com/post/pep-guardiola-s-new-3241-amazing-fm23-results-tactical-analysis 

4-2-3-1/ 3-2-4-1 variants. 

Love to see everyone trying to plug and play this just get murdered by a generic gegenpress 3 striker hoofball approach. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Love to see everyone trying to plug and play this just get murdered by a generic gegenpress 3 striker hoofball approach. 

I’ve just won the Championship with 118pts using this trio of tactics.

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

Agree with you but it's a bit different throwing shit against a wall until it sticks to get 37 points than it is to be under very limited time constraints to get out of a league at the first attempt. I don't see how we have longer than that. Nothing about the team build with Coady and Winks in their Prime wanting to be back in the Premier League, and a squad full of Internationals and players who usually play at the division above, suggests slow rebuild. We would be dismantled at the end of the year if we fail to go up, and anything he has worked on will have gone to waste anyway. 

Well said !    I agree .

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's football manager, you could win the Championship with 118 points playing Pulisball. 

Christ on a bike all I’m doing is pointing people in the right direction if they want to do something.

FoxesTalk sometimes 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Christ on a bike all I’m doing is pointing people in the right direction if they want to do something.

FoxesTalk sometimes 🤦‍♂️

Christ on a bike all I'm doing is giving you a small bit of light hearted ribbing. 

FoxesTalk sometimes 🤦

• Haha 2

Without at least 2 creative midfielders and wingers, we will struggle for goals. This current squad isn't good enough to get promotion, it's lacking some essential players to be good enough.

The Championship will feel beneath some of these as well, it's got disaster written all over it right now. Let's hope Maresca gets what he needs.

• Like 1

Relax, we have only just returned for preseason.
We needed to take a good look at what we have.

Get what funds you can from those you want to ditch/won’t stay

Get the folks for Enzo’s plan

Too easy, like a Dan back pass 

:amartey: