Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Cats

I have a cat. His name is Vader and he's a pain in the ass.

Edit: I hadn't even hit "submit reply" and I heard a crash from down the hall. He had climbed in his carrying case in the closet. It slid off the shelf with him in it and knocked over my guitar, denting it in the process.

• Haha 3

I don't like cats.

I don't think I would mind them as much if, like dogs, their owners had a responsibility to keep them off other people's property. 

It's not really on to have to scour my lawn for cat shit before I let my toddler outside to play. 

I also quite like birds. 

I prefer dogs but I don't think I'd like them much either if they were allowed out on their own! 

3 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

I don't like cats.

I don't think I would mind them as much if, like dogs, their owners had a responsibility to keep them off other people's property. 

It's not really on to have to scour my lawn for cat shit before I let my toddler outside to play. 

I also quite like birds. 

I prefer dogs but I don't think I'd like them much either if they were allowed out on their own! 

Fortunately one thing that has become unacceptable. Back in the day dog mess was everywhere. Mind there are still people that let their dog foul and not pick up or leave plastic bags of the stuff in trees etc

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

So YOU haven’t ,the time no reason to blame the dogs..

I had a dog,my parents 2 after I left home..

When I got married and settled,I wanted a dog,but travelling a lot would of been unfair on the dog..

Not the dogs fault..didn’t convert me..

We had two wild cats over the years that came to the door,and my kids adopted..they became part of the kids (4) life..

sometimes when at home they woul lay either next to me or on my lap…

Never really cared for cats,  but never loathed them..

My younger daughter…has a Pyraneen dog,a cat, & rabbits,some chickens ( 5). She, my grandkid my wife look after both love all the Animals,especially the dog who my daughter takes on holiday,and, either my wife,or a friend of my daughter will see the cat and other animals are fed, stroked,spoke to and cared for for a couple of hours..

My other daughter has 2 Aussie Shepard dogs..( @Swiss.paws) and have just started their larger,longer travels,with their

campervan,they have modernised for rough terrain & wild camping through Europe, just finished Scotland/Wales/England

a couple of weeks they will start from Switzerland ( their now official home) seeing places they hadn’t been too,then onto

Austria, destination Montenegro, until Winter…The dogs being part of the the major journey & influencer business part…

More & longer Overnight stops at dog friendly sites or top hotels..or just open in the middle of nature nomans land.

Dogs the preference in the family,but no loathing of cats,so no converting required..

Didn't blame any dogs for anything. I don't have the free time to look after a dog as well work and look after a family, so have been converted into a cat person. Simple. Don't hate dogs in the slightest, but they just aren't for me. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

BBC website currently carrying Why Are There More Dog Attacks in Summer feature

They get ratty like humans in hot weather…but what Macho Man will Report Hes been attacked by a cat..So one reason why more dog attacks in summer…

Being  attacked by tabby,doesn’t do good for sympathy,more like a put down by mates and ridicule.

I have been bitten by two dogs in my life, both brought up by 2 know-all middle class women,who didn’t have any idea how to say sorry, one on a campsite saying he doesn’t like strangers walking by..wtf..:dunno:

The other near where I lived in the decent area of an Estate, I smallish dog, one quite big..both times I grabbed them around their throat,and delivered them to the owners still holding them so,telling the women one more twist, so you better take them off me ,they saw everything…so they tried but couldn’t make excuses..the one with big dog ,there was a policeman who saw it and asked if I wanted to take it further,

the other in Holland,but a German longtime camper..the campsite owner asked

a. simular question…both times the same answer (10yrs. Between) put the owners down, not the dogs fault they haven’t been well trained,and both afterwards were ok with me.more shocked than the owners..showed more respect than their owner,but being one twist away from dogs heaven,probably realised how lucky they were..

I have been attacked more by humans so who are the wild ones. Many cat owners,not all , have been bitten scratched and peed on,more than any dog owner.

plus dogs don’t shit nor have Orgies every night in the neighbours garden,  & never in their own..

I Like cats especially panthers,Lions,Tigers,Lynx,but I might go on expiditions & Safaris,but respect their space and home region…Tibby & pussy, just don’t care.

though I suppose a Tiger in my garden

I wouldn’t try and hose him off my property :crylaugh:

Edited by fuchsntf

21 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

They get ratty like humans in hot weather…but what Macho Man will Report Hes been attacked by a cat..So one reason why more dog attacks in summer…

Being  attacked by tabby,doesn’t do good for sympathy,more like a put down by mates and ridicule.

I have been bitten by two dogs in my life, both brought up by 2 know-all middle class women,who didn’t have any idea how to say sorry, one on a campsite saying he doesn’t like strangers walking by..wtf..:dunno:

The other near where I lived in the decent area of an Estate, I smallish dog, one quite big..both times I grabbed them around their throat,and delivered them to the owners still holding them so,telling the women one more twist, so you better take them off me ,they saw everything…so they tried but couldn’t make excuses..the one with big dog ,there was a policeman who saw it and asked if I wanted to take it further,

the other in Holland,but a German longtime camper..the campsite owner asked

a. simular question…both times the same answer (10yrs. Between) put the owners down, not the dogs fault they haven’t been well trained,and both afterwards were ok with me.more shocked than the owners..showed more respect than their owner,but being one twist away from dogs heaven,probably realised how lucky they were..

I have been attacked more by humans so who are the wild ones. Many cat owners,not all , have been bitten scratched and peed on,more than any dog owner.

plus dogs don’t shit nor have Orgies every night in the neighbours garden,  & never in their own..

I Like cats especially panthers,Lions,Tigers,Lynx,but I might go on expiditions & Safaris,but respect their space and home region…Tibby & pussy, just don’t care.

though I suppose a Tiger in my garden

I wouldn’t try and hose him off my property :crylaugh:

No doubt bad owners of dogs are the problem but when it goes wrong the consequences are obviously more dangerous than a cat and as you described the victim is often a stranger to the dog. The point I'm trying to make is that there is a lot of dog propaganda that means anyone who is not keen on dogs is seen as a bit weird but when taking about cats and I accept the negatives is that these are jumped on with gusto but problems with dogs are ignored by the same people at least sometimes anyway

On 22/07/2023 at 14:59, adejo92 said:

I'm not a 'cat lover' but I'd certainly pick something that's quiet, doesn't smell and looks after itself than something that barks at everything, f#@king stinks (despite their owners instance they dont), slobbering,  begs for attention, constantly farts, needs walking etc etc.

Each to their own though.

You shouldn’t talk like that about elderly relatives.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2023 at 10:24, Greg2607 said:

I've always had cats, albeit, we did have two family dogs when I was about 15. 

I've got two cats at the minute, one who is 23 years old and  i don't think he will see out the rest of this year bless him.  Then a 10 month old kitten that we rescued from the farm sluice bucket in October. 

I'll be honest, the kitten is an absolute Pr*ck. lol

What's the kitten called... 

Brendan? 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Rescued Doris this morning. She had kittens with previous owner, but Doris decided that motherhood wasn’t for her and did a runner. She’s dead friendly but occasionally bites for no apparent reason when stroking her even though she came up to me for fuss. She’s downstairs in the living room by herself tonight with all her amenities as advised by the rescue centre. She’s yet to use the litter tray in the 12 or so hours I’ve had her so god knows what I’m going to wake up to. Updates to follow. 

IMG_5240.jpeg

Update. We got through the first night unscathed. 

• Like 2

On 25/07/2023 at 10:24, Greg2607 said:

I've always had cats, albeit, we did have two family dogs when I was about 15. 

I've got two cats at the minute, one who is 23 years old and  i don't think he will see out the rest of this year bless him.  Then a 10 month old kitten that we rescued from the farm sluice bucket in October. 

I'll be honest, the kitten is an absolute Pr*ck. lol

This came around quicker than I'd hoped, but we found a tumour on our Elderly cat last week, obviously too old for any treatment, so they gave him a course of steroids to see if it helped to reduce or fight the tumour (just in case it was an infection.)  Sadly, it hasn't helped and he has deteriorated pretty rapidly, so he is booked in tomorrow at 16:45 for us to say our goodbyes. 

It's a very strange feeling.  outside of direct family, I've only known my Best friend for longer.   He's literally seen every adult relationship (and breakup!) the birth of my kids, all the strife and stress that life brings. It'll be the first time he hasn't been around since I was 20.  We've shared quite the journey. 

• Sad 7

• 5 weeks later...
On 24/07/2023 at 08:35, RoboFox said:

I'm unashamedly a complete mess around cats. I adore them and I quite often come across as unhinged when I try to get near them to touch them regardless of the appropriateness of the situation. I often bury my face in them because they smell amazing. I'm very aware this is weird. 

This is my void feline. He has many names, most of which are complete nonsense, but his real name is Hank. He follows me around the house relentlessly and as I work from home mainly, he does this all day, every day. 

IMG_9282.thumb.jpg.36d97419b755bef3d83248811f26cafd.jpg IMG_0346.thumb.jpeg.b7eefac7649cb1924706ed75bdbf5e8f.jpeg

Beautiful cat

• Like 3