Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
001merp

Ticket Forwarding

Hello,

Have we had any official communication yet on how we can forward tickets to family and friends for the games we can’t make? Already aware of a couple I can’t get to due to work commitments and can’t work out how to forward them. 

Cheers. 

6 hours ago, 001merp said:

Hello,

Have we had any official communication yet on how we can forward tickets to family and friends for the games we can’t make? Already aware of a couple I can’t get to due to work commitments and can’t work out how to forward them. 

Cheers. 

Officially you can't its actually against the clubs rules. 

Unofficially not sure how the club would know especially if it is the same system as last season 

11 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Unofficially not sure how the club would know especially if it is the same system as last season 

Did they do random checks at home games at the turnstiles last season?

11 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

It's a new feature - https://www.lcfc.com/news/3487575?lang=en

EW FOR 2023/24: TICKET FORWARDING

As a new feature of Season Tickets for the 2023/24 campaign, eligible Season Ticket Holders will be permitted to ‘forward’ their Season Ticket to friends and family members linked to their account who hold 2023/24 Fox Memberships up to four times per season. 

This feature gives added flexibility for Season Ticket Holders who may not be able to attend a particular game, while allowing their friends and family to benefit from attending a game in a seat which would otherwise have been empty.

To update your list of Fox Members who are eligible to receive your forwarded ticket, please head to your account on LCFC.com/tickets. All tickets forwarded will be sent to the end user as a Mobile Ticket (NFC), even if the source is a Season Ticket card, and the Season Ticket will be deactivated in respect of the relevant match. Physical Season Ticket cards should not be transferred between users.

9 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It's a new feature - https://www.lcfc.com/news/3487575?lang=en

EW FOR 2023/24: TICKET FORWARDING

As a new feature of Season Tickets for the 2023/24 campaign, eligible Season Ticket Holders will be permitted to ‘forward’ their Season Ticket to friends and family members linked to their account who hold 2023/24 Fox Memberships up to four times per season. 

This feature gives added flexibility for Season Ticket Holders who may not be able to attend a particular game, while allowing their friends and family to benefit from attending a game in a seat which would otherwise have been empty.

To update your list of Fox Members who are eligible to receive your forwarded ticket, please head to your account on LCFC.com/tickets. All tickets forwarded will be sent to the end user as a Mobile Ticket (NFC), even if the source is a Season Ticket card, and the Season Ticket will be deactivated in respect of the relevant match. Physical Season Ticket cards should not be transferred between users.

oh ok, well that is better than running the risk of being randomly checked etc. 

So for the odd game you can't attend for which you can pass it forward those family and friends  (f&f) have got to be paid up members.

As you don't know which of them might be able to go is it going to be worth them paying for membership.

So it's really only for those f&fs that are already members.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, westernpark said:

Last season it was within the rules to pass on your ticket to family or friends, provided you informed the club prior to the game. Has this now changed?

Yes, you can now only send to those you are linked to who hold a current membership. Not sure whether they'll make exceptions if you email them, but they'll try to push everyone to this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, glar84 said:

Yes, you can now only send to those you are linked to who hold a current membership. Not sure whether they'll make exceptions if you email them, but they'll try to push everyone to this.

Pleased I have a physical card this season, rather than the NFC I had last season then.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2023 at 02:58, 001merp said:

Hello,

Cheers. 

I emailed the club about this, and they said that the information about how to ticket forward will be available in the next 48 hours.

They only allowed ticket forwarding 3 times last season so it's a slight improvement. I suspect the club realise that many season ticket holders will be missing matches due to the anticipated ridiculous midweek scheduling. 

I'm assuming the resale platform is still only available for use 3 times per season although they might be difficult to sell unless we are doing well. 

32 minutes ago, CH1_Fox said:

New online platform. 4 times a season max and has to be to a paid member. Once again, proof this club is completely out of touch with its fans. Laughable 

Our ticketing operation is in for a huge shock about what they think fans will pay for unless we end up being in the mix for promotion.

• Like 2

Anyone know if the forwarding max 4 times in the season is in addition to resale max 5 times this season?  If so, I expect there could be alot of availability for mid week home matches for those season ticket holders living outside of the Midlands ;) (plastic I know)

42 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

They've been pushing the "ticket forwarding is illegal" line for years, now it's "ticket forwarding is OK as long as you're both paying us".

Not surprising really from a club that consistently lies to the fanbase. 

It has always been allowed, if notifying the club beforehand. Now they've completely removed that option as well, stipulating to members only. I've seen a few loopholes in the email that I'll quote if I was ever to get caught passing on my ticket, or a family member's. I imagine if we stay in the Championship for a while, some of these procedures will be made redundant, as will some of those creating the rules.

• Like 2

I wonder if this big brother approach is a Leicester City thing, or nationwide?

I find it incredible that you buy a ticket, but you are the only person allowed to use it. I find it quite bizarre.

I understand the issues if it is across the age ranges, but surely this is an issue for families where as an example one of the family can only go to certain games or they share the ticket between family members.

Hopefully it’s not just a Leicester City initiative, but if it’s nationwide I am not keen on the fact that you literally can’t give your ticket to your brother for a match without having to inform the club.

Yes I know people will unofficially do it, however surely this ruling needs to be looked into as I just think it’s a step too far. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Trekerz said:

How do they think they are planning on stopping people passing tickets to their friends/family for home gameslol

I get that, but I think the rule needs to be looked into and challenged as it’s ridiculous.

I understand it can be worked around, but this stuff were away tickets needed to be picked up and now this needs to be stopped. 

What about families who have tickets but don’t always go to the games so they share them with other family members? What if a family of four buy two tickets and they decide late on who goes, they basically share two tickets?

It’s a ridiculous rule that needs stopping as it could stop those that follow the rules to decide not to take up season tickets. 

I think it’s best challenged rather than accepted and just breaking the ruling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

I wonder if this big brother approach is a Leicester City thing, or nationwide?

I find it incredible that you buy a ticket, but you are the only person allowed to use it. I find it quite bizarre.

Hopefully it’s not just a Leicester City initiative,

It's not an lcfc thing. It's actually a legal requirement. Selling (or giving) your ticket to someone else is a criminal offence. 

To be fair to the club, this is them trying to help genuine supporters who can't make the odd game.

29 minutes ago, Sean2000 said:

It's not an lcfc thing. It's actually a legal requirement. Selling (or giving) your ticket to someone else is a criminal offence. 

To be fair to the club, this is them trying to help genuine supporters who can't make the odd game.

Well the laws haven't changed, the thing that has changed is Football clubs choosing to interpret the law differently and to "crackdown" on different things. Where is the test case that supports the changes in interpretation?

There are lots of genuine supporters who have shared season tickets in the past, or have a regular arrangement where someone will go on their behalf if shift patterns change or if there is illness or any number of circumstances that clubs used to understand happen to all families at some time. I find it completely bizarre that anyone can see this as the club trying to help genuine supporters. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sean2000 said:

Genuine :giggle:. Well you might think that if they didn't have to be members to borrow a ticket which is how it used to be you just went to the outside ticket office and arranged the swap paying any difference owed.

This is just a ploy to make sure no one can go to the matches legally without either  being a registered ST holder or Member.

For example my one of my sons lives abroad and can get  to  1 or 2 games a year. If tickets aren't available near me and my other son, both ST holders one of us would lend him our ticket legally but without the membership. Now he'd have to buy a membership at £32 for possibly 1 game even though he's using a ticket already paid for.