Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pmcla26

Viktor Kristiansen

10 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

we aint them to offer a honking bid 

or we are stupid enough to accept a loan

well in this situation a loan isn’t that stupid. 

Young player who will only improve. 

We aren’t currently playing a system that needs a left back.

we’d face a massive loss if we were to sell today.

So why would it be stupid to loan him exactly? 

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Selling a lad, who was brought less than 8 months ago to be one for future. I find truly depressing. He will be a good player. Unless it's a financial necessity to sell. It's just bonkers to me

If he's not going to get a game, then I don't see the point in holding onto him. I certainly wouldn't feel depressed buy it. Sometimes a move doesn't work out. 

3 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Selling a lad, who was brought less than 8 months ago to be one for future. I find truly depressing. He will be a good player. Unless it's a financial necessity to sell. It's just bonkers to me

Totally agree.  Desperation will fall on us if we cannot shift those at the top of list. The mistakes of the past may well start to impact of our future. Very sad.

Depends on whether Enzo thinks he can play the Doyle role - if not then absolutely no point keeping him around - same with Thomas

With how we play now it is very much the death of us having "traditional" right backs and left backs in the squad

If we sign someone to compete with Doyle for that role I expect it is a lot more likely to be a left sided centre back that can play left back rather than the other way around

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Depends on whether Enzo thinks he can play the Doyle role - if not then absolutely no point keeping him around - same with Thomas

With how we play now it is very much the death of us having "traditional" right backs and left backs in the squad

If we sign someone to compete with Doyle for that role I expect it is a lot more likely to be a left sided centre back that can play left back rather than the other way around

But do you not need options in the squad? Would you bin off the only 2 real LBs we have? 

Ridiculous. There is going to be times in the season where we have to change system and possibly move to wing backs. The way its going we wont have any left. I really like Doyle but i dont think hes anyway near quick enough to play as a LB, much rather have him as a LCB with a quicker mobile full back next to him. Loan does absolutley **** all to us, not like VK is on ridiculous high wages that we need out unlike some of the bums left in the squad.

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

But do you not need options in the squad? Would you bin off the only 2 real LBs we have? 

If Enzo has no plan on ever using them and it would open up spaces in the squad for us to sign players we will use then absolutely

I think we will keep one of them, and it will be whichever of the two Enzo thinks can be more useful in how he wants to play the vast majority of the time, seemingly might be Thomas and not Kristiansen

It wont help Kristiansen that he is a worse passer than Thomas is

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Ridiculous. There is going to be times in the season where we have to change system and possibly move to wing backs. The way its going we wont have any left.

If we're ever going to use them, we'll have some. If not, not. Unless they're good enough at something else to be worth keeping.

I reckon Maresca has enough smarts not to find himself in February going "Duh! Now I want to play with wing backs. If only I hadn't let all our wing backs go. Silly me."

3 minutes ago, Sparrowhawk said:

If we're ever going to use them, we'll have some. If not, not. Unless they're good enough at something else to be worth keeping.

I reckon Maresca has enough smarts not to find himself in February going "Duh! Now I want to play with wing backs. If only I hadn't let all our wing backs go. Silly me."

Who? Justin that spends half a season injured? Then there will be Ricardo. Thomas has been told he can leave. Like what Enzo is doing but really dont like this and the Souttar situation

11 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Of course you do. But if he knows none of the options he'll ever use include orthodox full backs, he'll only want players who can fill one (or ideally more) of the roles he does plan to use.

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Who? Justin that spends half a season injured? Then there will be Ricardo. Thomas has been told he can leave 

If we don't have any wing backs, or indeed orthodox full backs, it will be because he is never going to use them. If he's ever going to use them, he'll make sure there are some.

5 minutes ago, Sparrowhawk said:

If we don't have any wing backs, or indeed orthodox full backs, it will be because he is never going to use them. If he's ever going to use them, he'll make sure there are some.

Well clearly hes not if hes getting rid of them all? 😂. We saw Rodgers downfall with his stubborness of Plan A or nothing,  hope to God Enzo isnt going to go the same way. The Man City system that hes trying to emulate had Walker/Cancelo/Gomez who’re all full backs and fast ones at that

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

The Man City team that hes trying to emulate had Walker/Cancelo/Gomez who’re all full backs and fast ones at that

Cancelo will be shipped out

Gomez is likely to get shipped out as well as he won't see the pitch this season

Walker is able to play as a 3rd CB similar to JJ which is probably the reason Pep wants him around

Man City's backline against Burnley consisted of Gvardiol (LB), Laporte, Rodri and Akanji (RB) at one point

Guest Sideshow Faes

If we're not going to play him then sell him. 

We've kept far too many players around who aren't going to play the last couple of years. Time to clear them out. Thomas next please.

12 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think people need to realise we probably still need to reduce the wage bill still.

We can't afford to have Vic and Thomas on the bench not playing.

Thomas has been told hes free to leave? Pretty horrific they have to get rid of young upcoming players with high potential because they cant shift shite like Ndidi and Vestergaard on 80k a week to finance new signings

5 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Cancelo will be shipped out

Gomez is likely to get shipped out as well as he won't see the pitch this season

Walker is able to play as a 3rd CB similar to JJ which is probably the reason Pep wants him around

Man City's backline against Burnley consisted of Gvardiol (LB), Laporte, Rodri and Akanji (RB) at one point

Can guarentee Pep will be replacing them with full backs if they do. Hes bought plenty over his time there. Mendy and brought Zinchenko through aswell. You have to have players who can fit into different systems, cant just rely on a back 3 then shifting a slow CB to LB 

8 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Thomas has been told hes free to leave? Pretty horrific they have to get rid of young upcoming players with high potential because they cant shift shite like Ndidi and Vestergaard on 80k a week to finance new signings

I do find it rather interesting that even though Thomas has supposedly been told he can leave, he was actually brought into the squad yesterday for the first time where as those others that have supposedly been told to leave are now being kept well out of the match day squad, maybe he would be happy enough to keep him around if he stays?

Not too sure we are getting rid of players like Kristiansen and Souttar because we are having to keep Vestergaard and Ndidi, he seems to actually like the latter two and they look to be staying because he actually wants them, not because we cant get rid

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Mendy and brought Zinchenko through aswell.

That was 2-3 years ago now. Pep has fully shifted from the inverted fullback system to having 4 genuine CBs with amazing ball-playing ability in the backline. 

If anything they're getting another CB for when Laporte leaves. Without Cancelo and Gomez, they still have Ake, Akanji, Stones, Walker, Dias, Laporte, Gvardiol, Walker, Lewis