Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pmcla26

Viktor Kristiansen

59 minutes ago, lee7 said:

You make a good point. It is harsh to judge him based on a handful of games playing for a side that was relegated. 

I just think as a new addition i partly expected him to come in and make the others raise their games but it just never happened. 

I only say Doyle reads the game better as i watched him play last season on a few ocassions and he stood out each time.

Doyle doesn't strike me as a natural left back either because as you say he looks slower than VK. 

Having Vestergaard and Doyle in a back 3 actually terrifies me lol

I know...and we are being set up to play a high line! lol

If Cov had a striker who wasn't completely terrible, they would have scored 3 or 4 on Sunday.

I like him, he’s raw but there’s definitely something there and still only young so plenty of time to get better and develop. I seem to remember him having a really strong game defensively against Arsenal and doing a solid job on Saka last season. Which is no mean feat

But, If our vision and ethos under Maresca is to play without conventional fullbacks then we might as well move him on. We need to stop stockpiling footballers, it’s pretty clear that having a squad on 30 professionals last season did not do anything for morale and team spirit around the place. If he’s not going to play and we can re-coup our outlay then I’m not opposed to him moving on

9 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

If Cov had a striker who wasn't completely terrible, they would have scored 3 or 4 on Sunday.

That's my worry with our lack of pace in the back line.

If we come up against a fast striker with a bit of strength we'll be screwed if we line up with that defence. 

• Like 2

As with all our signings under Rodgers, they looked great game one after no coaching, then lost their way. It's like Tete too, there's no doubt in my mind that Maresca wishes we had him here instead of the current options.

I like him, he has enthusiasm and that suggests to me he is coachable. I have some doubts about whether he can play the Doyle role, but Maresca wants attacking reinforcements, we have to be realistic about what we can do given there's players we seem unable to shift.

I'm going to assume most don't realise that Coady isn't actually a CB, but was converted to that position by Nuno. So there's no reason Victor and Justin can't be coached to play as a wide CB, especially in games against weaker sides at home, e.g. Rotherham/Sheff Wed etc. You can also play this system with the LB rather than the RB being inverted, like Arsenal do with Zinchenko. So Kristiansen may come inside at times....Or we could play a flat back 4 as we did after 2-1. Away from home we could see Winks/Coady/Ndidi sitting with KDH/Choudhury/Casadei etc.

Options, we have options and we need them. 

6 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Those two games against Villa and Spurs, him and Souttar looked absolute world beaters.

After that they just looked gash.  Enzo obviously doesn’t like the look of him so no point in keeping players like this around hoping they all of a sudden become amazing for us.

Have I been in a Coma? He's been here for one competitive game. For all we know he sees Souttar/Kristiansen/Justin/Daka as first team players who need coaching in order to understand their role more. Just look at Walker and Stones. Both have had periods even this season where Guardiola has took them out of the team until they understand what he wants from them. 

Viktor is a young, highly-rated player in a position that requires time to develop, who was brought into our club at the worst possible time. Hell, even Ricardo was bullied when he first came over. 

Sure, we see his current weaknesses, which were only going to be amplified during last season’s sh*tshow and he needs to calm down a bit when the ball lands on his right foot. 

But anyone who’s so convinced he won’t be good enough is not working off enough information, unless they have ESP.

It’s still too early to tell but we do need to make room in the squad, and he’s a sellable asset, so we’ll likely see how he develops elsewhere. 

I like him but I just can't see him working in this system. I don't think he'd be able to play the inverted FB if we had Ricardo out say and mirrored, and it doesn't look like we'll play conventional fullbacks. Might be best to move him on for all parties, but I think there is a decent player in there.

He’s not a left CB and we don’t play with a fullback so if we can get close to what we paid I’d sell. Enzo’s here long term and so is the system.

If we played with fullbacks I’d be opposed to a sale, but we don’t, so sell. We need a quick CB in the door on the evidence of Saturday and Coady is not that despite how good I’m sure he will be for us this season. 

Edited by Levi Port

I’d like to keep him but… 

I just can’t get the Leeds away performance out of my head though, he looked so bad and it was right in front of us :sweating:

Clearly has potential to be a good left back, I hope he fulfils that potential with us.

1 hour ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Those two games against Villa and Spurs, him and Souttar looked absolute world beaters.

After that they just looked gash.  Enzo obviously doesn’t like the look of him so no point in keeping players like this around hoping they all of a sudden become amazing for us.

He absolutley dominated Saka in the Arsenal game. Was when he came back from injury he was awful

2 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

Ditto for Leicester missed chances,or are you always blind to your own clubs chances..

2 hours ago, LestaLad said:

Keep imo. We’ve not seen enough of him, there’s a reason he was so highly rated when he joined us, seems way too early to write him off.

Don’t know why some want to start again another vendetta against one of our youngest players who have shown more commitment than the Dozos who see him as fair game…

Bad taste bad fan ,poor analyse,poor reason to a right of an opinion…Always the same people who have written off our very best players…must be greedy humble-pie gluttons…:frantics: