Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pmcla26

Viktor Kristiansen

7 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The Vesty situation is interesting. By playing him is he saying to Topkin that we need cover at CB??

No, he just rates him higher than Souttar. 

As much as it hasn't worked so far for Vestergaard here, he has performed at a higher level than Souttar for pretty much his whole career, playing top-flight and international football. 

The one that surprises me a bit is Soumare. I thought he would be ideal to cover Winks, and also maybe return to his Lille role in one of our number 8 positions, where he was tasked with driving into space further up the pitch. 

• Like 1

All these player's can't all play or be in the match day squad, which is bloated, as much as I like Daka (with reason stats wise there is a player there) he isn't getting ahead of Vardy or Nacho, in this system anyway

Sadly this has happened to a few and some will be left out, the only surprise for me is Souttar.

We desperately need a right winger ahead of any of the players we're rumoured to be selling and a better CB in form of THB would be what I'd want also.

We have a big squad that needs balancing and I'm afraid to say some, rightfully or wrongly, will lose out as also we try and balance the books. Right movements by the club for me but are we capable of doing this in two weeks, not so sure we are!

43 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

By far and away the biggest disaster of Maresca's appointment is that we've gone out and hired a manager who wants almost none of our long term contracted players. 

Doesn't really want our strikers, doesn't want Soumare, doesn't want Kristiansen, doesn't want Souttar, basically doesn't want anyone other than Faes that we've signed in the last two years. 

I mean I'm not saying I completely blame him on all of them but it does make our already difficult squad building situation even harder. 

I am disappointed that he seems to be happy to refuse to even work with guys like Souttar and Daka who don't seem particularly unprofessional sorts? Yet he straight up sent them home and told them not to bother going to Huddersfield. I like Enzo so far and I like his brand of football but I do hope he's not making a rod for his own back. 

If we can't shift these guys he'd gonna be stuck with them and it'll be Rodgers - Soyuncu all over again. 

2 league games in is hardly a disaster.  This season is a marathon, not a sprint. Until the window is closed and we are settled in, I don't think we can massively judge. There are many other factors at play, such as fitness, attitude, niggling injuries and interest in players that may not have hit the media yet.  We know Maresca has a style he wants to work with, and there have presumably been players who have been more receptive (or capable) of working with that than others. In the short amount of time he has had, it makes sense that energy is focussed with those who are able to implement it (both mentally and physically).  Once the system is bedded in, it may be easier to transition players to it who struggled with it at first. 

I don't believe for one moment we have a Cags situation on our hands right now. That felt very personal. The reports were that Victor had an injury and is presumably way behind one fitness and training with the new system. I do feel the club have likely looked at Daka and Soumare for sales or loans. Souttar is an interesting one but i've long felt that fitness can be an issue with him. In some games he started last year, he really struggled towards the end and resorted to a lot of shirt pulling etc. But if he is still here at the end of the window he will need to work to get himself back into contention.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

2 league games in is hardly a disaster.  This season is a marathon, not a sprint. Until the window is closed and we are settled in, I don't think we can massively judge. There are many other factors at play, such as fitness, attitude, niggling injuries and interest in players that may not have hit the media yet.  We know Maresca has a style he wants to work with, and there have presumably been players who have been more receptive (or capable) of working with that than others. In the short amount of time he has had, it makes sense that energy is focussed with those who are able to implement it (both mentally and physically).  Once the system is bedded in, it may be easier to transition players to it who struggled with it at first. 

I don't believe for one moment we have a Cags situation on our hands right now. That felt very personal. The reports were that Victor had an injury and is presumably way behind one fitness and training with the new system. I do feel the club have likely looked at Daka and Soumare for sales or loans. Souttar is an interesting one but i've long felt that fitness can be an issue with him. In some games he started last year, he really struggled towards the end and resorted to a lot of shirt pulling etc. But if he is still here at the end of the window he will need to work to get himself back into contention.

The word disaster probably makes the tone of the rest of my post seem a little bit melodramatic. I don't particularly mean it to be. 

We're obviously not in terrible shape. 

But it obviously does exacerbate what was already an extremely problematic squad building situation that Maresca doesn't really seem to want the majority of our newer l, longer term contracted players. 

• Like 2

Our record of selling unwanted players , bar those who are obviously attractive like Maddison and Barnes , suggests that Enzo will have a number of idle players , that is not good. He must find a way of using the players he doesn't fancy at the moment because we don't want anymore Rodgers -Vestergaard situations. Team togertheness will be vital this season.

52 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This is frankly stupid. On a whole multitude of levels. Not least the fact I highly, highly doubt Maresca has ever said to Rudkin "this player isn't good enough if we get promoted so get rid of him now."

Especially given his whole philosophy since arriving has been "we are where we are, let's take it day by day."

Listened to Vincent Kompany speak very well on this, especially regarding players that apprarently deemed "not good enough", specifically upon promotion from the Champ - Prem, referencing Jack Grealish and his time in the second tier. He said that aslong as a player displayed talent (presumably at the lower level of football) and the desire / work ethic to maximise that talent, he was of no mind to disregard them or move them on, or deem them not good enough. Called it a journey and a manager/coaches responsibility to ensure they maximise their talent. 

I find it strange that it seems the opposite to the approach Maresca has taken with certain players (VK, Daka and Souttar the main ones - all of whom I think should stay and be big parts of the squad this year). It can only be tactical as I agree with regards the almost planning for a by no means guaranteed return to the Premier League. 

17 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Our record of selling unwanted players , bar those who are obviously attractive like Maddison and Barnes , suggests that Enzo will have a number of idle players , that is not good. He must find a way of using the players he doesn't fancy at the moment because we don't want anymore Rodgers -Vestergaard situations. Team togertheness will be vital this season.

I think he kind of has already- pretty sure he would rather vesty wasnt his back up cb- same goes for ndidi and praet- im sure he would be happy for all 3 to go and yet he has had no choice but to use them because we literally have nobody else(or rephrased they can do a job)  - as for Souttar, Castagne, Kristianson, soumare and daka- if he already has to use players he doesnt particulary want there is no way he is using 5 that he definitely doesnt want- I think he would happily get another 11 or 12 out the door if he could

Ward, Iverson, sout, vest, castagne, kristenson, thomas, soumare, ndidi, praet, daka- even at knock down prices there is £50m quid there and £600k a week in wages easy 

Its a brave new world- I think quite a few on here said plenty like 'drain the swamp' and 'sell them all as far as I care' - this is basically exactly what the manager would want- he wants his own players, players that fit the way he wants to play and a winning mentality around the place even at champ level- guys on 60-80k a week bumming around the place are good for nobody apart from themselves- unfortunately for the new gaffer we seem completely inept at being able to sell a middle of the road player- seems beyond us and continues to be proved- this means he is left with a weird frankenstein squad of players that dont fit the way he plays and dont seem to be able to get the ones in he wants because we have these charlatans still kicking about

we have to support him 100% and get these guys out and the ones he wants in

Edited by jv1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Listened to Vincent Kompany speak very well on this, especially regarding players that apprarently deemed "not good enough", specifically upon promotion from the Champ - Prem, referencing Jack Grealish and his time in the second tier. He said that aslong as a player displayed talent (presumably at the lower level of football) and the desire / work ethic to maximise that talent, he was of no mind to disregard them or move them on, or deem them not good enough. Called it a journey and a manager/coaches responsibility to ensure they maximise their talent. 

I find it strange that it seems the opposite to the approach Maresca has taken with certain players (VK, Daka and Souttar the main ones - all of whom I think should stay and be big parts of the squad this year). It can only be tactical as I agree with regards the almost planning for a by no means guaranteed return to the Premier League. 

If its a 'journey' then surely it needs to be judged on longer than 2 games? What goes on behind the scenes in team meetings and training (also in VK case post injury) will form a core part of that Journey.

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

If its a 'journey' then surely it needs to be judged on longer than 2 games? What goes on behind the scenes in team meetings and training (also in VK case post injury) will form a core part of that Journey.

I agree, I think we should absolutely keep VK as I think he has the potential to be a very good player. However Enzo seems to have decided that tactically he isn't suitable for the style or financially we can offload him for a decent fee and allow investment in areas we aren't as strong in as he wants us.

1 hour ago, CaliFOXnia said:

I agree, I think we should absolutely keep VK as I think he has the potential to be a very good player. However Enzo seems to have decided that tactically he isn't suitable for the style or financially we can offload him for a decent fee and allow investment in areas we aren't as strong in as he wants us.

Aren't you just making that assumption too hastily. Following relegation, i think any player can be sold. If Liverpool offer 40 mil for KDH ( don't think they will ), then he's gone. Same with the right offer for Victor. Victor has been out of training for a while with a niggling injury so i don't think i see any signs that Enzo has cast him off. Unless i have missed something?

So it reads we’re negotiating with Bologna. We want €3m - €4m up front, with an obligation to buy and cover full wages.

They want it as an option to buy. 

Tells me, he isn’t in our plans longer term and we are trying to shift him on.

I was thinking about the players that have been excluded altogether. Maybe they are just the people that have request transfers away, so Maresca is using the players that are happy to stay at the club and play? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

So it reads we’re negotiating with Bologna. We want €3m - €4m up front, with an obligation to buy and cover full wages.

They want it as an option to buy. 

Tells me, he isn’t in our plans longer term and we are trying to shift him on.

I was thinking about the players that have been excluded altogether. Maybe they are just the people that have request transfers away, so Maresca is using the players that are happy to stay at the club and play? 

I am very surprised by this. I don't see the benefit of moving him on UNLESS, like you say, he requested to leave. 

That position within our system will obviously see Doyle be first choice but after that, I see it suit VK far more than Thomas so if Victor goes, I do reckon we need someone else. 

• Like 1

This apparent inability to unload players and rumours of players refusing moves and waiting out their contracts here seems odd . It suggests that even after the reduction in salary following relegation we are paying more than other clubs :blink:
Rudders would have insisted on relegation clauses in contracts wouldn’t he ?

15 hours ago, Pete52 said:

No, he just rates him higher than Souttar. 

As much as it hasn't worked so far for Vestergaard here, he has performed at a higher level than Souttar for pretty much his whole career, playing top-flight and international football. 

The one that surprises me a bit is Soumare. I thought he would be ideal to cover Winks, and also maybe return to his Lille role in one of our number 8 positions, where he was tasked with driving into space further up the pitch. 

The problem with Soumare is, you can't trust him when he doesn't have the ball.

He doesn't have the awareness to track runs, either that or he is just too lazy to track them.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Finnegan said:

By far and away the biggest disaster of Maresca's appointment is that we've gone out and hired a manager who wants almost none of our long term contracted players. 

Doesn't really want our strikers, doesn't want Soumare, doesn't want Kristiansen, doesn't want Souttar, basically doesn't want anyone other than Faes that we've signed in the last two years. 

I mean I'm not saying I completely blame him on all of them but it does make our already difficult squad building situation even harder. 

I am disappointed that he seems to be happy to refuse to even work with guys like Souttar and Daka who don't seem particularly unprofessional sorts? Yet he straight up sent them home and told them not to bother going to Huddersfield. I like Enzo so far and I like his brand of football but I do hope he's not making a rod for his own back. 

If we can't shift these guys he'd gonna be stuck with them and it'll be Rodgers - Soyuncu all over again. 

20 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Two good genuine posters,that either slightly serious or also in witty sarci mode…are always good pit stops

Here I finding myself lying between 2 sheets,agree with both of you…

Kristiansen issue and any thoughts of movement,have not come from club or player.It’s been clickbait media, and assumptions from within this forum. Though Enzo seems on all players when asked,obviously will say things the window is still open…which fires others to create stories….I might be wrong but I see Kristansen,being around for awhile,he was injured,had a talk with

Enzo and seemed happy with conclusion. For me End of story,but every week media meetings that will keep picking..on all of their created no relevance and serious questions. Enzo’sEnglish is not so good he can play the English-media-game.

I am like @Finnegan  concerned that we might be discarding too easily contracted players. A PL ,Championship Club with aspirations, need somewhat of a club experienced (even 1 season) backbone. Too many on FT jump on a runaway train that I disagree with..Creating the phenomen that many squad Players can’t or not willing to play Enzobal..It is still Football a simple game,no magic Formular, just different tactics & styles. CBsnot quick enough..wow there is an oddity.

No a lot of times the new manager might not just  click,with individual players,or 1st discussions don’t find common ground…Not first the major reason to say…“not with us/me“

Now I am presuming.he might of thought Souttar or Vestergaard,??  2 tall immobile players ,I have to choose one..Though Souttar IMO is mobile!!
 but full game  fitness could be questioned.

Maybe the gods within the club are also pushing him/Enzo indirectly..Hes been told „you do the playside & staff side your way,“. But squad has to be streamlined on longterm costs.
So not committing,…but see ,wait,quiet word with agent then see  who comes calling for whom..

Leicester are not and never been a club,that shouts out and opens the doors to their intern thoughts,so fans get very little information or feedback..Wayback in the old days the club had 1-2confidents in the media..those days are long gone..

Generally with Enzo & club, even if a player prefers to stay, anybody comes calling for an acceptable fee….then he will most likely be on his way..

But FFs let’s keep also a decent count of contracted players…

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

The funny thing is....if this guy did leave and came back to play against us....I think he'd get a warm reception.

When Maddison plays against us....it's going to be very frosty....sort of like when Mahrez used to come back.

We're a strange bunch! 

2 hours ago, Eskay said:

The funny thing is....if this guy did leave and came back to play against us....I think he'd get a warm reception.

When Maddison plays against us....it's going to be very frosty....sort of like when Mahrez used to come back.

We're a strange bunch! 

I reckon it’s Truely a small minoritity that want to put that frosty cold wind across ex-players bows….But 1000 from 30k+. Can make an unwelcoming noise,that demeans the whole fanbase…Look at Leicester media,foxes related, still run negative slants after 2 or 6 years.
FT forum ,is also a well used platform,throw in a few minority negative vibes and ,suddenly they then talk/mention in passing ,uncolabriated stories as fact,then fleabrained journalists jump all over it…Then deep frost sets in..

I reckon,no matter how many a top story issues,have been good journalism,excellent Fan fact finding & gathering…..80% of it has been twaddle…

From the 20% excellent pieces,

70% of that belongs to fans like @davieG  or  @kushiro  doing their 

top historical fact finding & pictures. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Contracts being run down is happening everywhere not just here, with us perhaps not being able to afford renewals due to our financial issues (or only being able to offer reduced terms), it means to those with one year left, It's an attractive proposition to run it down and take the huge signing bonuses and extra wages you're likely to get when on a free. 

Also, sometimes players just might not fancy moving to where an offer is accepted. They are human, you can't force them to move themselves and their families just because you deemed a clubs offer good enough. 

Then you have the extra issue of clubs knowing we need to shift players, they have the power. They will just keep low balling us, it's ok saying "cut your losses", but the deals need to make a modicum of financial sense. e

Oh Babylon..you keep coming on here with your logic & common sense...

But this is a footy-forum where Disneyland,Alton towers,Thorpe park,fantasyland, football-manager,and clickbait-rides add a bit of Hitcock crossed with HEllo and we see what rules the roost.

plus I need a platform for my occasional Rabid outbursts....

Though common-sense is my permanent companion,she turns out to get fidgety then she is more explosive..which confuses my somewhat drifting companion logic..

But you will always have place in my Hanging gardens...along my Wipfelpfad of reason & curiosity....:trumpet:

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Really really promising hearing Enzo say they're trying to teach him and he sees him being able to play like Doyle. 

Really hope we keep VK, maybe more than any of the others that are rumoured to leave (yes, even Daka.)

Think he's got a terrific attitude and is exactly the sort of personality we could do with long term. 

Totally agree. He suits that Doyle role physically and technically to a tee, hopefully he can work on the tactical side of it

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jamfox said:

Agreed , James Madison was great for Leicester , I think if you look at his comments since he's left he did actually give a sh£t , many standout performances and quality moments I'll clap him politely before the game. 

For all the quality moments, last season cancelled those out for me and he couldn't produce when it actually mattered. I suppose it depends what you will recall first when looking back on his playing days for us. 

23 hours ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Maybe they are on high value contracts, and are deemed the ones that can also bring in funds.

2 birds with one stone, which then lets the manager shape his own squad with incomings.