Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pmcla26

Viktor Kristiansen

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-want-e3-4m-front-allow-defenders-exit-club-trying-negotiate-terms/

Leicester want €3-4m up front to allow defender’s exit – Club trying to negotiate those terms

Three days ago, Il Resto del Carlino reported Leicester City’s Victor Kristiansen is the main target for Bologna to strengthen their defence. It was also stated the Serie A side are not in a position to buy him and are trying to take him on an expensive loan deal.

The 20-year-old left FC Copenhagen for the Foxes in January and could be on the move again this summer.

That’s according to today’s Corriere dello Sport, who state Leicester’s relegation from the Premier League last season has opened the door for the Italian club to sign the left-back.

Thiago Motta’s side have received the player’s approval and now have to agree a deal with the Championship side to secure his services.

The issue to be resolved between the two clubs is the transfer formula. It’s said Leicester want a loan deal with an obligation to buy where Bologna have to pay €3-4m in loan fee and take care of the Denmark international’s full wages.

The newspaper states the Serie A side, on the other hand, would prefer to have an option to buy instead of a mandatory purchase option, and would ideally get that initial amount down.

If a deal for the Leicester player doesn’t materialise, Bologna could shift their focus on other targets.

They have Vasco da Gama’s Lucas Piton and São Paulo left-back Welington on their agenda.

So if it is a loan with an option to buy, we get him back after one year and his value is reduced due to the un-expired contract period being shorter. Thus explaining the requirement of a large loan fee.  Makes sense for us. Shame Bologna view it differently. 

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

£2.5-£3.5m just for a loan fee? Be interesting to see what the obligation to buy would be as well.

Fair play if they get that much IMO.

Can't imagine it would be anymore than around £10m really, would mean that along with the loan fee we would have got our money back on him at least though

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

So if it is a loan with an option to buy, we get him back after one year and his value is reduced due to the un-expired contract period being shorter. Thus explaining the requirement of a large loan fee.  Makes sense for us. Shame Bologna view it differently. 

Says we're looking for an obligation to buy as opposed to an option.

Think out of all the outgoings this summer this is the only one thats generally going to piss me off. We saw before his injury last season there was a serious player in there where his performances got him called up to the Denmark national side. 20 years old aswell, would of been an excellent option as a LWB if we have to change systems over the season which as we know Thomas cant do. Think they will regret this one in a few years

• Like 3

Has the physicality to play the LB/LCB role well - seems a good character too. Doyle is on loan, could easily be down to Thomas as our only option in the PL and he's never quite looked up to that level.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Maresca only seems interested in full backs that can either move into midfield or a back 3.

I don't think Kristiansen can do either so if his sale frees up room for players he's more likely to be interested in needing then I say go for it.

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Says we're looking for an obligation to buy as opposed to an option.

From what I read yes. But who knows?  I think certain people in Club may be pushed into to bad deals as nothing appears to be happening.  We shall see.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

By far and away the biggest disaster of Maresca's appointment is that we've gone out and hired a manager who wants almost none of our long term contracted players. 

Doesn't really want our strikers, doesn't want Soumare, doesn't want Kristiansen, doesn't want Souttar, basically doesn't want anyone other than Faes that we've signed in the last two years. 

I mean I'm not saying I completely blame him on all of them but it does make our already difficult squad building situation even harder. 

I am disappointed that he seems to be happy to refuse to even work with guys like Souttar and Daka who don't seem particularly unprofessional sorts? Yet he straight up sent them home and told them not to bother going to Huddersfield. I like Enzo so far and I like his brand of football but I do hope he's not making a rod for his own back. 

If we can't shift these guys he'd gonna be stuck with them and it'll be Rodgers - Soyuncu all over again. 

Good points well made. I quite like the fact though we seem to have a manager who knows exactly what he wants and does not want. I think a ruthless edge in a clear out and rebuild season might just well be an asset. Fingers crossed. Let’s see!

For the record though I am surprised and a little disappointed about Kristiansen and Souttar as I rate them both - as players and characters. 

Edited by An Away Move
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Good points well made. I quite like the fact though we seem to have a manager who knows exactly what he wants and does not want. I think a ruthless edge in a clear out and rebuild season might just well be an asset. Fingers crossed. Let’s see!

For the record though I am surprised and a little disappointed about Kristiansen and Souttar as I rate them both - as players and characters. 

Yeah me too. I thought VK would be tailor made to cover Doyle if I'm honest and he's seems to have a really good personality. And as short as we are on centre backs and cash surely Souttar is good enough for this level? 

I'm absolutely not anti-Enzo at all, loving his work so far and you're right it's nice that he definitely is decisive and knows his own mind. 

But christ does it really make all of our recruitment even more wasteful. I know people aren't sold on the likes of Bouba, Daka, VK, et all but still surely the pragmatic thing to do is try and get a tune out of them. They're surely all good enough at this level. 

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

And as short as we are on centre backs and cash surely Souttar is good enough for this level?

He probably is. But I suppose it depends if Enzo believes that being good enough for this level isn't good enough. He wants players that are good enough for the next level and doesn't believe Souttar is that.

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

He probably is. But I suppose it depends if Enzo believes that being good enough for this level isn't good enough. He wants players that are good enough for the next level and doesn't believe Souttar is that.

This is frankly stupid. On a whole multitude of levels. Not least the fact I highly, highly doubt Maresca has ever said to Rudkin "this player isn't good enough if we get promoted so get rid of him now."

Especially given his whole philosophy since arriving has been "we are where we are, let's take it day by day."

Edited by Finnegan

59 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Alternatively, if he does well he could be worth more. I'm not sure contract length players too much into things until you get down to one or two years. 

Perhaps we do the large loan fee and then say it gets knocked off the purchase fee at the end of the deal if you choose to buy at the agreed rate? God knows how they work. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah me too. I thought VK would be tailor made to cover Doyle if I'm honest and he's seems to have a really good personality. And as short as we are on centre backs and cash surely Souttar is good enough for this level? 

I'm absolutely not anti-Enzo at all, loving his work so far and you're right it's nice that he definitely is decisive and knows his own mind. 

But christ does it really make all of our recruitment even more wasteful. I know people aren't sold on the likes of Bouba, Daka, VK, et all but still surely the pragmatic thing to do is try and get a tune out of them. They're surely all good enough at this level. 

Perhaps they are the ones left out, as they are the players who have had people sniffing around them. So, he and the club knowing we need to sell to balance the books and get what he needs (wingers), they are pushed to the front of the out queue. Or, they have voiced that they want to go. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Alternatively, if he does well he could be worth more. I'm not sure contract length players too much into things until you get down to one or two years. 

Perhaps we do the large loan fee and then say it gets knocked off the purchase fee at the end of the deal if you choose to buy at the agreed rate? God knows how they work. 

Sounds logical👍

Just now, Babylon said:

Perhaps they are the ones left out, as they are the players who have had people sniffing around them. So, he and the club knowing we need to sell to balance the books and get what he needs (wingers), they are pushed to the front of the out queue. 

Maybe but until this Monaco link there's not been a credible rumour about Daka all summer long and Maresca has still barely given him a minute and I'm not sure he's played Bouba once has he? 

There's also very, very little noise about Souttar and he can't even get in the match day squad? 

Looks a lot to me like these guys have been placed in the discard bin just because Maresca doesn't seem to think they fit with what he's trying to do. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Re: Bouba and Daka, I have been a vocal supporter of both, but to get the best out of Daka he either needs to play in a two up front or off the shoulder. Maresca looks like he’s setting us up to do neither. So we probably have to sell him as keeping him makes little sense. 

Bouba, I think, has so much potential, but there seems to be something missing. It’s like he plays with brain fog. Like he can’t see that he has to run fast to defend a move that breaks down. He coasts back and it’s infuriating to see. No longer sure he’s got it. Whatever that quality is I see him lacking is definitely needed in the Championship. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This is frankly stupid. On a whole multitude of levels. Not least the fact I highly, highly doubt Maresca has ever said to Rudkin "this player isn't good enough if we get promoted so get rid of him now."

Especially given his whole philosophy since arriving has been "we are where we are, let's take it day by day."

It's not stupid though is it. Souttar might be "The level" of a championship player, but that's a pretty broad spectrum. Maybe he thinks Stoke City was Souttars level and that's not the level he wants his players at. He wants players who are at the level of winning promotion not sitting mid table. I'm not saying this is it, I'm saying it's possible. You can dismiss it out of hand if you like, but it's not "frankly stupid".

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I suppose we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, who wants out or who is causing waves.

There was always going to be some blood split that people weren't expecting. With Soumare I think there maybe more then meets the eye.

I wouldn't be surprised if 1 or 2 find their way back in. 

He wouldn't be the first manager to change he's mind on a player. 

Edited by coolhandfox

44 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

By far and away the biggest disaster of Maresca's appointment is that we've gone out and hired a manager who wants almost none of our long term contracted players. 

Doesn't really want our strikers, doesn't want Soumare, doesn't want Kristiansen, doesn't want Souttar, basically doesn't want anyone other than Faes that we've signed in the last two years. 

I mean I'm not saying I completely blame him on all of them but it does make our already difficult squad building situation even harder. 

I am disappointed that he seems to be happy to refuse to even work with guys like Souttar and Daka who don't seem particularly unprofessional sorts? Yet he straight up sent them home and told them not to bother going to Huddersfield. I like Enzo so far and I like his brand of football but I do hope he's not making a rod for his own back. 

If we can't shift these guys he'd gonna be stuck with them and it'll be Rodgers - Soyuncu all over again. 

It's very me on football manager whenever I do a Leicester rebuild and then have to backtrack on September 1st and tell them all they're first teamers again lol 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Maybe but until this Monaco link there's not been a credible rumour about Daka all summer long and Maresca has still barely given him a minute and I'm not sure he's played Bouba once has he? 

There's also very, very little noise about Souttar and he can't even get in the match day squad? 

Looks a lot to me like these guys have been placed in the discard bin just because Maresca doesn't seem to think they fit with what he's trying to do. 

The Vesty situation is interesting. By playing him is he saying to Topkin that we need cover at CB??

Maybe it's not Enzo telling Rudkin who he wants to keep and who he doesn't. Maybe as part of the interview process, the club told the applicants that we are going to have to bring in as much cash as we can and get the wage bill down, so Enzo isn't using the players that we can get money for as there's no point bedding them into his system and style only to lose them after a few weeks and having to start again with different players....

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

When they were talking about Brighton last season as they got to the Semi final, they were saying they have continuity in place. Even if De Zerbri got poached they have a plan B, C, and D for alternative managers. That look to play in the same way/philosophies and there would be a seamless transition period. 

Maybe in the future this is a model we can replicate, so our “brand of football” is not totally pulled apart by a new manager with fresh ideas and his own unique style of play. 

I guess the board were more open to Maresca fresh ideas and discarding personal that only arrived 8 months ago , given the fact that we were just relegated.

He seems to have been given quite a bit of control over the playing staff.

Guest Sideshow Faes
1 hour ago, South Shire Fox said:

Think out of all the outgoings this summer this is the only one thats generally going to piss me off. We saw before his injury last season there was a serious player in there where his performances got him called up to the Denmark national side. 20 years old aswell, would of been an excellent option as a LWB if we have to change systems over the season which as we know Thomas cant do. Think they will regret this one in a few years

Don't take this as personal criticism - this is a general point as I see lots of others saying similar things - but where is this idea coming from that we need to keep players as we might change systems during the season? We won't change systems during the season. We are instilling a style and system to play in, we aren't going to take back up systems, that doesn't really happen anymore (unless you're Brendon Rogers and aren't able to make any system work).

10 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The Vesty situation is interesting. By playing him is he saying to Topkin that we need cover at CB??

No, he just rates him. 

I know this baffles people but we always knew Vestergaard was considered an asset for his ability with the ball and Maresca is determined to get a tune out of him. 

Besides, isn't Cody's injury record NORMALLY flawless? So the expectation will be that he'll play the vast majority of games once he's back anyway. 

• Like 2