Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pmcla26

Viktor Kristiansen

7 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Can guarentee Pep will be replacing them with full backs if they do. Hes bought plenty over his time there. Mendy and brought Zinchenko through aswell. You have to have players who can fit into different systems, cant just rely on a back 3 then shifting a slow CB to LB 

not the best examples as both were signed before the change of system 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I do find it rather interesting that even though Thomas has supposedly been told he can leave, he was actually brought into the squad yesterday for the first time where as those others that have supposedly been told to leave are now being kept well out of the match day squad, maybe he would be happy enough to keep him around if he stays?

Not too sure we are getting rid of players like Kristiansen and Souttar because we are having to keep Vestergaard and Ndidi, he seems to actually like the latter two and they look to be staying because he actually wants them, not because we cant get rid

Dont understand Thomas at all either. I can only imagine he wanted VK to stay over him but VK is the only one with interest so they’re getting rid to free up room for signings. And he might like Vestergaard but i imagine he will only be staying because no other club wants him. After coming out with his ‘top 5 league shite’ theres no way he’d stay if an offer came in now, especially as he seems to hate the fans as much as they hate him

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

not the best examples as both were signed before the change of system 

Hes changed system year after year but still has the players to revert. Getting rid of all your full backs so you can only really play with a back 3 effectively is not being flexible imo. Reminds me of Sven when he came in and started getting rid of traditional wingers before getting sacked and leaving Pearson with a completely unbalanced team 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Thomas has been told hes free to leave? Pretty horrific they have to get rid of young upcoming players with high potential because they cant shift shite like Ndidi and Vestergaard on 80k a week to finance new signings

We are playing a system that doesn't utilise fullbacks.

No one is paying a fee for Ndidi or Vestergaard who both have 12 months left on their contract.

Got to stop looking back and move forward.

Edited by coolhandfox

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Hes changed system year after year but still has the players to revert. Getting rid of all your full backs so you can only really play with a back 3 effectively is not being flexible imo. Reminds me of Sven when he came in and started getting rid of traditional wingers before getting sacked and leaving Pearson with a completely unbalanced team 

I do agree somewhat but you also don’t want to devalue an asset by having it collecting dust because the manager isn’t using that system. 

I think it’s evident that he’s behind hamza and justin as cover so the time him and thomas would be getting is going to be seriously low.  

As others have said, a cb that can play lb if needed would make a lot more sense to the squad. 

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I do agree somewhat but you also don’t want to devalue an asset by having it collecting dust because the manager isn’t using that system. 

I think it’s evident that he’s behind hamza and justin as cover so the time him and thomas would be getting is going to be seriously low.  

As others have said, a cb that can play lb if needed would make a lot more sense to the squad. 

Is Hamza a full back though? I want my full backs to be good going forward, fast and to be able to overlap like Justin/Ricardo (both very injury prone). If we play against a team happy to sit in that we’re struggling to break down and our full backs wont go past our midfield then we’re going to come unstuck imo

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Is Hamza a full back though? I want my full backs to be good going forward, fast and to be able to overlap like Justin/Ricardo (both very injury prone). If we play against a team happy to sit in that we’re struggling to break down and our full backs wont go past our midfield then we’re going to come unstuck imo

We only need his defensive qualities when he's playing as a fullback as he's one of those players who will slot into midfield. 

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Selling a lad, who was brought less than 8 months ago to be one for future. I find truly depressing. He will be a good player. Unless it's a financial necessity to sell. It's just bonkers to me

He was a pointless buy in the first place, we already had 4 decent fullbacks at the club, then we had to leave JJ out of the PL squad for the second half of the season.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Even if we sell Castagne, VK and Thomas I imagine we’ll probably bring in another full back capable of playing how we set up as in able to play as an inverted Full back stepping into cm or a full back able to shift into cb…we’d still have Riccy P and JJ who are both suited to the new system so I really don’t see the point in holding onto players who can’t play in our current set up! It’s all well and good saying but what if we revert back to a formation that run with 2 out and out full backs but what if we don’t? We’ll be left picking up the wages for players that sit in the stand all season

i really liked VK but guessing if Maresca is all out committed to playing a system without wing backs then he has to go, he really reminded me of Chilwell in his beginnings, there used to be many that moaned about his defensive, ball keeping credentials aswell

Guest Sideshow Faes
On 13/08/2023 at 21:35, WigstonWanderer said:

There is the “all eggs in one basket” argument though. Enzo’s style is wholly unproven in the Championship. Maybe it will work, but without the money to buy the top quality players required to do it properly we’ll be relying on the lower quality of the teams we face (compared with the PL) to not find a way to neutralise the style.

We’ve effectively just shithoused our way to two victories, so these can’t be used as evidence that the style works. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it won’t work out,  but these are early days to make any conclusions either way. From what I’ve seen, at its best it’s a thing of beauty, but total panic is only ever a hard press away.

Perhaps best to keep some sort of plan B on the table just in case?

You can't keep players around just in case you want them in the future. Not only do you have the pay them you also have a duty to them as people to let them get on with their careers.

On 13/08/2023 at 21:35, WigstonWanderer said:

There is the “all eggs in one basket” argument though. Enzo’s style is wholly unproven in the Championship. Maybe it will work, but without the money to buy the top quality players required to do it properly we’ll be relying on the lower quality of the teams we face (compared with the PL) to not find a way to neutralise the style.

We’ve effectively just shithoused our way to two victories, so these can’t be used as evidence that the style works. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it won’t work out,  but these are early days to make any conclusions either way. From what I’ve seen, at its best it’s a thing of beauty, but total panic is only ever a hard press away.

Perhaps best to keep some sort of plan B on the table just in case?

I know what you mean, these wholesale changes leave us with no quick route to turn back if needed. It’s very unnerving but a tad exciting too.

It feels a bit shit or bust.

• Like 1

https://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-want-e3-4m-front-allow-defenders-exit-club-trying-negotiate-terms/

Leicester want €3-4m up front to allow defender’s exit – Club trying to negotiate those terms

Three days ago, Il Resto del Carlino reported Leicester City’s Victor Kristiansen is the main target for Bologna to strengthen their defence. It was also stated the Serie A side are not in a position to buy him and are trying to take him on an expensive loan deal.

The 20-year-old left FC Copenhagen for the Foxes in January and could be on the move again this summer.

That’s according to today’s Corriere dello Sport, who state Leicester’s relegation from the Premier League last season has opened the door for the Italian club to sign the left-back.

Thiago Motta’s side have received the player’s approval and now have to agree a deal with the Championship side to secure his services.

The issue to be resolved between the two clubs is the transfer formula. It’s said Leicester want a loan deal with an obligation to buy where Bologna have to pay €3-4m in loan fee and take care of the Denmark international’s full wages.

The newspaper states the Serie A side, on the other hand, would prefer to have an option to buy instead of a mandatory purchase option, and would ideally get that initial amount down.

If a deal for the Leicester player doesn’t materialise, Bologna could shift their focus on other targets.

They have Vasco da Gama’s Lucas Piton and São Paulo left-back Welington on their agenda.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-want-e3-4m-front-allow-defenders-exit-club-trying-negotiate-terms/

Leicester want €3-4m up front to allow defender’s exit – Club trying to negotiate those terms

Three days ago, Il Resto del Carlino reported Leicester City’s Victor Kristiansen is the main target for Bologna to strengthen their defence. It was also stated the Serie A side are not in a position to buy him and are trying to take him on an expensive loan deal.

The 20-year-old left FC Copenhagen for the Foxes in January and could be on the move again this summer.

That’s according to today’s Corriere dello Sport, who state Leicester’s relegation from the Premier League last season has opened the door for the Italian club to sign the left-back.

Thiago Motta’s side have received the player’s approval and now have to agree a deal with the Championship side to secure his services.

The issue to be resolved between the two clubs is the transfer formula. It’s said Leicester want a loan deal with an obligation to buy where Bologna have to pay €3-4m in loan fee and take care of the Denmark international’s full wages.

The newspaper states the Serie A side, on the other hand, would prefer to have an option to buy instead of a mandatory purchase option, and would ideally get that initial amount down.

If a deal for the Leicester player doesn’t materialise, Bologna could shift their focus on other targets.

They have Vasco da Gama’s Lucas Piton and São Paulo left-back Welington on their agenda.

£2.5-£3.5m just for a loan fee? Be interesting to see what the obligation to buy would be as well.

Fair play if they get that much IMO.