Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pmcla26

Viktor Kristiansen

2 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

For all the quality moments, last season cancelled those out for me and he couldn't produce when it actually mattered. I suppose it depends what you will recall first when looking back on his playing days for us. 

All those quality moments he performed for us earlier got us to that position where we should have been able to get across the line. He did perform when it mattered on the vast majority of occasions last year. Yes he should have done better with that penalty but his performance overall was not the reason we went down. There are many reasons that were far more culpable in my opinion. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Loan signing is sensible IMO. Under most managers I think he'd be decent at this level. If Enzo doesn't work out this year he may still have a future here. 

It's ok if he does well, does poorly he just loses value.

3 hours ago, RyCleary said:

The source is literally in the post 😂

So Rudders has been talking since 13th August…. Sounds promising,  even more so if Luke and Timmy go in the next 9 days. 

Struggling to understand the logic behind this one. As others have said, can play LB, LCB or even LWB and just 20yrs old. And to think Vesty's still here and we're looking to get rid of the likes of Soutter, Thomas and Victor.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Struggling to understand this one. He's the only player other than Doyle that can play the LCB/LB role that Maresca wants his left sided defender to play. Thomas can't, he seemingly doesn't want to play Justin there either. 

If this was with an obligation to buy then I could perhaps understand and then we kmcould plan the future finances accordingly. But at best we're getting a few million loan fee that covers his amortised transfer for the year and not sure how that helps us unless several others are buggering off too.

It's quite possibly not about VK though. 

Maybe we're desperate to get anyone off the books and we need to to get a first choice winger or whatever in. 

I assume there's a priority list of players we want to shift and if we can't get rid of the ones we'd rather lose, we have to sell the ones we'd be happy to keep. There'll only be a small handful of players with either no price tag or one that's just "Fvck You" money (KDH, Ricardo, etc.) 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Struggling to understand this one. He's the only player other than Doyle that can play the LCB/LB role that Maresca wants his left sided defender to play. Thomas can't, he seemingly doesn't want to play Justin there either. 

If this was with an obligation to buy then I could perhaps understand and then we kmcould plan the future finances accordingly. But at best we're getting a few million loan fee that covers his amortised transfer for the year and not sure how that helps us unless several others are buggering off too.

Sounds to me that they cant get rid of any of the ones they want to lose so have now moved on to squad members to free up money for incomings. What happens when you put average footballers on 70/80k a week wages i suppose..

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We’re a possession-based team and Kristiansen is not a good passer at all. It doesn’t matter what his strong foot is, there’s simply no place in our team for him.

I would even guess there’s some chance that Maresca would rather play Albrighton or even KDH in that left side role in place of Doyle rather than Kristiansen if he really had to.

• Like 2