Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pmcla26

Viktor Kristiansen

Lazio interested, according to Sky. 

Personally, don't want him to go. Think him and Doyle are similar and both ideal for the left side of our defence. 

Rather a deal was struck for Thomas, out of the two.

Edited by Pete52
  • Like 2

Problem is he’s a LWB in a formation that doesn’t really play attacking full backs. His strength was in those lung busting runs up the wing, whereas our full backs now either move into midfield (is he technically good enough for) or as a CB (is he defensively disciplined enough). So good player but like others suddenly looks like a square peg in a round hole.

Decent fee (ie not a loan!) and I’d sell.

Personally never felt he'll be good enough for the first 11. He gives the ball away far too cheaply and lacks pace. 

Doyle reads the game much better and isn't afraid to play risky passes 

Good luck to him if he does leave. 

38 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Personally never felt he'll be good enough for the first 11. He gives the ball away far too cheaply and lacks pace. 

This.

He's not had a massive run in the side and also joined us when we were on a bad run so difficult to truly assess 

But from what I've seen he looks a long way off, looked a rabbit in headlights most of the time

Edited by TrickyTrevLeftPeg

41 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Not saying you're wrong as such, but he is still only 20 and has barely played double figure games for us (in a truly dire team/season).

It's too early to say that Doyle reads the game better either  - I thought he looked extremely vulnerable at times against Cov, and I'm certain he's not as quick as VK based on Sunday.

I guess if EM doesn't fancy him, we should look to move him on as it's time to be ruthless. I just reckon there is a decent player there - Especially at this level.

Doesn't look like he'll get in ahead of Doyle in the LB/LCB role, but I'd rather we didn't sell him after 7 months. Could he do the LB/LDM role when Ricardo isn't playing and we invert from the left instead of the right? Possibly, although I don't think Enzo has tried him in that role. 

It feels like it would be a real shame to lose such a promising player, but if he's not going to get game time, maybe a loan and then re-evaluate in the summer if there's the prospect of Doyle becoming a permanent signing.

19 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Not saying you're wrong as such, but he is still only 20 and has barely played double figure games for us (in a truly dire team/season).

It's too early to say that Doyle reads the game better either  - I thought he looked extremely vulnerable at times against Cov, and I'm certain he's not as quick as VK based on Sunday.

I guess if EM doesn't fancy him, we should look to move him on as it's time to be ruthless. I just reckon there is a decent player there - Especially at this level.

You make a good point. It is harsh to judge him based on a handful of games playing for a side that was relegated. 

I just think as a new addition i partly expected him to come in and make the others raise their games but it just never happened. 

I only say Doyle reads the game better as i watched him play last season on a few ocassions and he stood out each time.

Doyle doesn't strike me as a natural left back either because as you say he looks slower than VK. 

Having Vestergaard and Doyle in a back 3 actually terrifies me lol

1 hour ago, lee7 said:

It's early days with Doyle in one match against Championship opposition and neither is he our player.

Kristiansen came in at a very difficult under pressure time, had no time to settle in and came up against some of the best players in the Premiership and possibly Europe. 

1 hour ago, Turtle27 said:

To play the Doyle role you need to be able to act as a LB and a LCB. Personally I think VK isn’t the man for this, I worried about him defensively as a LB last season let alone a LCB

Very much this.

I like him, I like his attitude, but he's certainly not the finished article.

And my impressions when we signed him, and his short time in the first team, was that he was very positive getting forwards, but had a bit to learn defensively.

Not that he might not be good cover for Doyle, bit I've not seen anything to confirm that.