Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pmcla26

Viktor Kristiansen

13 minutes ago, Jordan said:

We’re a possession-based team and Kristiansen is not a good passer at all. It doesn’t matter what his strong foot is, there’s simply no place in our team for him.

I would even guess there’s some chance that Maresca would rather play Albrighton or even KDH in that left side role in place of Doyle rather than Kristiansen if he really had to.

KDH has some of the worst passing statistics out there so I'm at a loss with that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Struggling to understand this one. He's the only player other than Doyle that can play the LCB/LB role that Maresca wants his left sided defender to play. Thomas can't, he seemingly doesn't want to play Justin there either. 

If this was with an obligation to buy then I could perhaps understand and then we kmcould plan the future finances accordingly. But at best we're getting a few million loan fee that covers his amortised transfer for the year and not sure how that helps us unless several others are buggering off too.

No way would be be getting any sort if loan fee.

To get a club to cover 50% of his wages for a year would be as good as we could hope for I guess. 

You ain't getting a loan fee from an Italian club unless it's for a top class player. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Struggling to understand this one. He's the only player other than Doyle that can play the LCB/LB role that Maresca wants his left sided defender to play. Thomas can't, he seemingly doesn't want to play Justin there either. 

If this was with an obligation to buy then I could perhaps understand and then we kmcould plan the future finances accordingly. But at best we're getting a few million loan fee that covers his amortised transfer for the year and not sure how that helps us unless several others are buggering off too.

I think he’d rather Ricardo invert from LB and play Justin on the right side of defence if it came to that. As he did vs Burton and the Liverpool friendly (Albeit with Castagne instead of Justin).

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jordan said:

We’re a possession-based team and Kristiansen is not a good passer at all. It doesn’t matter what his strong foot is, there’s simply no place in our team for him.

I would even guess there’s some chance that Maresca would rather play Albrighton or even KDH in that left side role in place of Doyle rather than Kristiansen if he really had to.

Sorry I diagree totally ..on your summation of Kristiansen

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

KDH has some of the worst passing statistics out there so I'm at a loss with that.

I should have expanded just a little bit and added more qualities about keeping possession and advancing the ball. After all, Doyle doesn’t have good passing stats, either, but does a good job helping the team keep possession and build into attacks (for that matter, so does KDH).

I just get the feeling that until Maresca gets all of the pieces he wants, he’d sooner go for a more radical option in the Doyle role or even use Kristiansen off the bench in a remit similar to Choudhury vs Coventry than play Kristiansen regularly as the LCB/LWB. I dunno, I get the sense that attributes>experience when he weights his options.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Foreverfox said:

To get a club to cover 50% of his wages for a year would be as good as we could hope for I guess. 

You ain't getting a loan fee from an Italian club unless it's for a top class player. 

Why would you think a player goes on loan without the destination club paying a fee?  even kids going out for experience usually have a small charge levied 

as ric says, we should be trying to cover his amortisation with the loan fee but I can’t see Bologna paying a £2.5m loan fee. Assuming they would pay a transfer value of £8m, we would expect to receive a loan fee of £1.6.  We can also expect them to cover all his wages which I estimate at 25k 

7 hours ago, Old Fox said:

He’s not rated by Enzo and so move him on - he was at best average and imo Thomas is a better player than VK. If we can move him in we should as technically he is average !

By the end of last season he was struggling, and his confidence looked shot, but when he first came here he looked a miles better player than Thomas, with alot of potential.

He frustrated the hell out of Saka in the Arsenal game, to the point that Saka got booked for kicking out at him.

Having Saka in his back pocket for 90 minutes in that game showed me that he could be a top player.

Having said that, it seems to me that Enzo doesn't want to use conventional full backs, so not much point in keeping him really.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I assume Justin will be seem as cover for LCB and RCB role.

Maybe it's purely about reducing the wages bill, getting him off the books for a season which may allow us to bring in someone.

The squads is so unbalance to support the new system.

We have 4 spare defenders in Thomas, Justin, Kristiansen and Castange.

But no RWers other then kids.

I expect at least 2 of them have to go, wouldn't be surprised to see us sale Castange and loans for Thomas and Kristiansen.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Foreverfox said:

There will be a loan fee.

VK isn't on big wages, especially with the relegation wage reduction of 40%.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There will be a loan fee.

VK isn't on big wages, especially with the relegation wage reduction of 40%.

I disagree.

You are so wude of the mark.

It's in our interest to reduce  the wage bill. 

Look how much deadwood we are stuck with again 

Anything we can free up will help towards getting another couple in.

There is no indication they will be paying a fee and they definitely will want a wage reduction as well. 

Theres Hardly 10 clubs queuing up to snap the lad up. 

4 minutes ago, Foreverfox said:

I disagree.

You are so wude of the mark.

It's in our interest to reduce  the wage bill. 

Look how much deadwood we are stuck with again 

Anything we can free up will help towards getting another couple in.

There is no indication they will be paying a fee and they definitely will want a wage reduction as well. 

Theres Hardly 10 clubs queuing up to snap the lad up. 

😂😂😂😂😂

How am I wide of the mark? Kristiansen according to reports is on about £25k a week. Those wages are about par for the course in Serie A, it's when PL teams are offering double and triple that that they look to move - see Dennis Praet.

Just because we haven't been told by the press what the loan fee is, I'd be highly surprised if there isn't one and most definitely if we needed to subsidise his wages a little. We'll see when it gets announced.

It was only last week we were told we didn't want to agree to loans but permanent deals as they didn't benefit us. Now, I disagreed with that and if we can't sell then loans are the next option for some of them.

I notice you keep arguing with me, you said Braybrooke was nowhere near ready to return to training and literally days later we've been told he's resumed some training and will step it up in the coming weeks. Any comments?

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

😂😂😂😂😂

How am I wide of the mark? Kristiansen according to reports is on about £25k a week. Those wages are about par for the course in Serie A, it's when PL teams are offering double and triple that that they look to move - see Dennis Praet.

Just because we haven't been told by the press what the loan fee is, I'd be highly surprised if there isn't one and most definitely if we needed to subsidise his wages a little. We'll see when it gets announced.

It was only last week we were told we didn't want to agree to loans but permanent deals as they didn't benefit us. Now, I disagreed with that and if we can't sell then loans are the next option for some of them.

I notice you keep arguing with me, you said Braybrooke was nowhere near ready to return to training and literally days later we've been told he's resumed some training and will step it up in the coming weeks. Any comments?

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

ScentedEmbarrassedBlackfootedferret-size

Mic drop

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

😂😂😂😂😂

I think we know who set up that twitter account dedicated to calling you out lol

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Old Fox said:

He’s not rated by Enzo and so move him on - he was at best average and imo Thomas is a better player than VK. If we can move him in we should as technically he is average !

Such a weird thing to say considering Enzo has publicly stated that Thomas doesn't fit any roles we plays and they will need to try find a role for him whilst stating that he sees VK playing that Doyle role....

• Like 2