Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
pmcla26

Viktor Kristiansen

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He doesn't fit into the new system and won't be first choice. Still coulb become a very good player / full back, but we don't play that way.

What I take from this is how far behind we are from Brighton in terms of the way the club is managed. They know that when you change manager, the last thing you want is such a stylistic change that your assets (players) are no longer valuable to that manager. But that is exactly what is happening here.

The worry for me is when Maresca leaves, be it fired or hired by someone else, are we going to have a squad that a new manager can't use? Because unfortunately it seems likely that will be the way.

This is why you plan ahead and have a succession plan, like Brighton 

• Like 2

We’d rather sell but let’s look for positives in a loan if it doesn’t become permanent 

if we go up then I’m sure we will need a plan B next season and VK would fit that 

better that he plays this season and we recover some monies with a loan fee and his wages covered 

of course loans (which may not be successful) financially increase the pressure on us if we miss out on promotion (assuming we bring players in on a perm deal to replace ) 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He doesn't fit into the new system and won't be first choice. Still coulb become a very good player / full back, but we don't play that way.

What I take from this is how far behind we are from Brighton in terms of the way the club is managed. They know that when you change manager, the last thing you want is such a stylistic change that your assets (players) are no longer valuable to that manager. But that is exactly what is happening here.

The worry for me is when Maresca leaves, be it fired or hired by someone else, are we going to have a squad that a new manager can't use? Because unfortunately it seems likely that will be the way.

I think actually it's unfair to compare us with Brighton. They may well find themselves in our position in a couple of years. Brighton are doing pretty well with their principles and method of squad building/transfers. They've hired a manager which is picking up from the few years of decent groundwork.

They are yet to be stretched by an arduous European campaign which needs them to have a bigger and deeper squad available without detriment to their league campaign.

They also don't have a couple of years of legacy players who won the league interfering with managerial decisions and possibly hampering the style of play/tactics needed to be implemented to progress or move to another type of play.

We needed a reset one way or the other. Brighton's time will come. Or maybe they are so well defined they'll be able to overcome our previous challenges

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, kingpower said:

He came touted as one of the best young full backs in Europe. Strange how it’s turned out for the lad 

He joined Leicester City under Brendan Rodgers. Say no more.

Edited by sdb

1 minute ago, DezFox said:

Anyone know what the option amount is? 

probably whatever we bought him for minus whatever amount will have been amortised over 18 months of his contract. 

Big chance Bologna just don't pay up at the end and we'll have him back

Think we'll regret this. Must be confident Doyle will join permanently in the future. 

Thomas is less of a fit than VK for the system - I thought he was absolutely ideal back-up/rotation for Doyle. I wonder if Maresca would bring JJ in for Doyle if needed, put him right side as the wide defender and have Ricardo doing his inverted role from the left. 

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

probably whatever we bought him for minus whatever amount will have been amortised over 18 months of his contract. 

Big chance Bologna just don't pay up at the end and we'll have him back

Which may not be the worst thing if he gets game time and kicks on and without us having to pay his salary. 

Even if he performs well they may not be willing or able to fork out. 

17 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Have to say I always felt Thomas was better suited than Kristiansen to Enzo-Ball. I know many on here don't agree. Interesting to see if Thomas stays or he also leaves and Justin is seen as left back cover

It's irrelevant as to whether or not people on here disagree. Enzo disagrees and thats what matters. 

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Wish he the best. He came in at a very difficult time. Its interesting, all three of Glovers Jan signings have gone. Both Victor and Souttar barely considered by Enzo. I expected both to be senior members this year. Trust in Enzo and jury is out on Glover. 

I think funds were still v limited in Jan so agree that jury is out on Glover but let’s review again in 2-3 months once this window is closed and we’ve played a few games with the latest additions 

19 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Have to say I always felt Thomas was better suited than Kristiansen to Enzo-Ball. I know many on here don't agree. Interesting to see if Thomas stays or he also leaves and Justin is seen as left back cover

Which is saying little. Neither of them are suited to playing either the inverted or wide CB role. If anything VK could have been molded into the latter but we don't have the time for that.

However IMO VK is by far the better fullback. He's got the physical attributes and just needs to develop some more, he's what, 3 years younger than Luke?

Meanwhile Thomas isn't exceptionally strong, fast, good at passing, decision-making. ****ing Iwobi ran rings around him.

In both financial and footballing terms he must have been some way down the list of players we wanted rid of but if we need people out the door and he's one of the only ones attracting any concrete interest then so be it I guess. Hope he does well there.

• Like 2