Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Bear

Edinburgh Fringe - Best Joke Award

No idea why this remains a thing. It makes no sense to try to extract one liners from hour shows that aren’t written and performed with one-liners in mind. Unless you’re a one-liner comedian, sheering all context away makes any line look crap.

Lorna Treen’s show is just daft character comedy and in context it is meant to be stupid

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

No idea why this remains a thing. It makes no sense to try to extract one liners from hour shows that aren’t written and performed with one-liners in mind. Unless you’re a one-liner comedian, sheering all context away makes any line look crap.

Lorna Treen’s show is just daft character comedy and in context it is meant to be stupid

Is that really how its done? I didnt realise, explains why most are crap.

21 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Maybe you need to think again?

inews.co.uk:

Treen has won numerous awards for her one liners 

Edited by Parafox

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Maybe you need to think again?

inews.co.uk:

Treen has won numerous awards for her one liners 

I’ve seen the show, I know full well what it is and who she is. She’s won plenty of awards but not specifically for one liners.

There is a clear difference between genuine one liner comedians like Tim Vine, Milton Jones, Stewart Francis, Mitch Hedberg, even someone like Jimmy Carr and taking lines out of shows of other comedy types.

The joke is terrible but it’s meant to be for the character that delivers it. Because the character is meant to be the funny bit (i didn’t personally particularly enjoy it but that’s different) not the joke.

• Thanks 1