Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Bear

Edinburgh Fringe - Best Joke Award

Good god this year's winner is rubbish, even more so than normal. It barely works as a joke as it doesn't really make any sense, and even then it's better written down than said out loud. No.8 is probably my favourite.

Top 10 jokes

1. I started dating a zookeeper, but it turned out he was a cheetah. Lorna Rose Treen 44%
  2. The most British thing I’ve ever heard? A lady who said ‘Well I’m sorry, but I don’t apologise.’ Liz Guterbock 41%
  3. Last year I had a great joke about inflation. But it’s hardly worth it now. Amos Gill 40%
  4. When women gossip we get called bitchy; but when men do it’s called a podcast. Sikisa 34%
  5. I thought I’d start off with a joke about The Titanic – just to break the ice. Masai Graham 33%
  6. How do coeliac Germans greet each other? Gluten tag. Frank Lavender 32%
  7. My friend got locked in a coffee place overnight. Now he only ever goes into Starbucks, not the rivals. He’s Costa-phobic. Roger Swift 29%
  8. I entered the ‘How not to surrender’ competition and I won hands down. Bennett Arron 29%
  9. Nationwide must have looked pretty silly when they opened their first branch. William Stone 28%
  10. My grandma describes herself as being in her ‘twilight years’ which I love because they’re great films. Daniel Foxx 26%

It's a festival designed for lawn green bowls fans to travel north of Rickmansworth once a year. Is it a surprise the best jokes are of a quality you'd feel short changed by if you saw them in your Christmas cracker? 

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

Good god this year's winner is rubbish, even more so than normal. It barely works as a joke as it doesn't really make any sense, and even then it's better written down than said out loud. No.8 is probably my favourite.

Top 10 jokes

1. I started dating a zookeeper, but it turned out he was a cheetah. Lorna Rose Treen 44%
  2. The most British thing I’ve ever heard? A lady who said ‘Well I’m sorry, but I don’t apologise.’ Liz Guterbock 41%
  3. Last year I had a great joke about inflation. But it’s hardly worth it now. Amos Gill 40%
  4. When women gossip we get called bitchy; but when men do it’s called a podcast. Sikisa 34%
  5. I thought I’d start off with a joke about The Titanic – just to break the ice. Masai Graham 33%
  6. How do coeliac Germans greet each other? Gluten tag. Frank Lavender 32%
  7. My friend got locked in a coffee place overnight. Now he only ever goes into Starbucks, not the rivals. He’s Costa-phobic. Roger Swift 29%
  8. I entered the ‘How not to surrender’ competition and I won hands down. Bennett Arron 29%
  9. Nationwide must have looked pretty silly when they opened their first branch. William Stone 28%
  10. My grandma describes herself as being in her ‘twilight years’ which I love because they’re great films. Daniel Foxx 26%

Bargain bucket joke book levels this. Amos Gill the only half-decent one and that shouldn’t be anywhere near top ten.

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Asked ChatGPT to write a joke about it:

Why did the Edinburgh Fringe's Best Joke Award Top 10 feel like a game of limbo?

Because even the laughs couldn't seem to lower the bar any further!

Think that slips straight into the top five.