Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

You're right.

I apologise and stand corrected.

In this case, it is short for Vincenzo, so effectively, his name is Vince.

Thats arguably worse than Henry.

Vincent as a name means "Conqueror", Henry means "House Ruler".

Wasn't his surname debated about here earlier in the summer too? Best guess anyone had was it was something to do with female horses because of the 'Mare' bit.

Just now, Jaspa said:

Vincent as a name means "Conqueror", Henry means "House Ruler".

Wasn't his surname debated about here earlier in the summer too? Best guess anyone had was it was something to do with female horses because of the 'Mare' bit.

Look, I'm just prepared to welcome back our Roman overlords lol

3 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

On a related note, I'm sure we all raised an eyebrow at Hamza being made captain tonight. Clearly Enzo has seen something and.....Hamza stepped up IMO. Good to see the faith being repaid, which was wholly lacking last season.

I think having clear instructions from a manager who hasn't thrown the toys, dummy,blanket,rain hood any pillows, and rattles out of the pram might well be benifical

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

His name sounds cool, but then if you anglicise it, he's called Henry.

That's rubbish.

And yeah, I'm aware that my name is Tom. It's still better than Henry.

Isn't a 'Tom' a colloquialism for a 'prostitute' though?

Having family in Italy, I have a dog named Enzo (coincidence). It's short for Lorenzo ie leader, or lord of the house (he just thinks he is). It's actually a derivative of the German name Heinz and therefore slightly Heinrich etc admitted.

Tom. So do we want Lord of the House or some old scrubber? I'm sure both get the job done eventually hopefully?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Whelan would make a better DOF than our Jon to be fair. 

A bib, left in the bottom of a kit bag to fester over the summer, then pulled out at the first pre-season training session covered in mould and with a half-eaten jelly baby stuck to it, would make a better DOF than our John to be fair.

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Isn't a 'Tom' a colloquialism for a 'prostitute' though?

Having family in Italy, I have a dog named Enzo (coincidence). It's short for Lorenzo ie leader, or lord of the house (he just thinks he is). It's actually a derivative of the German name Heinz and therefore slightly Heinrich etc admitted.

Tom. So do we want Lord of the House or some old scrubber? I'm sure both get the job done eventually hopefully?

Well, I mean, formally, you should address me as Thomas!

I wasn't trying to offend anyone!

But back to the question...

You do what you need to do to get where you want to be :ph34r:lol

And I always presumed you were Italian with that username?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Well, I mean, formally, you should address me as Thomas!

I wasn't trying to offend anyone!

But back to the question...

You do what you need to do to get where you want to be :ph34r:lol

And I always presumed you were Italian with that username?

Actually I'm English and just married into it Thomas 😄. Obviously not offended just humour. Yes, you do what you have to. 

My adopted Italian family, through marriage, are from the South but if we ever thought we were fanatical they take the biscuit! I remember reading an article on holiday in Gazzetta de la Sport which was like a broadsheet newspaper mainly about football. Apparently Francesco Totti had been spotted at a restaurant in Rome with his wife on a Thursday and supporters had grassed him up to the Roma chairman because he'd been seen drinking one glass of wine!

There was a full page of it and the Chairman said, 'Francesco has to remember we own him, he's our peice of meat, we will speak to him and advise him'. Continue to report it if you see him out!

Wow! Now that was pressure then compared to our lot over here in the 90's!

I subsequently went to a pre-season friendly at Roma v Inter and adopted them as my Italian team. On the day we won the Premiership, there were celebratory banners for Ranieri and Leicester outside the stadium. Family sent me media images of Roma players in a bar in Roma players wearing Leicester shirts!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Actually I'm English and just married into it Thomas 😄. Obviously not offended just humour. Yes, you do what you have to. 

My adopted Italian family, through marriage, are from the South but if we ever thought we were fanatical they take the biscuit! I remember reading an article on holiday in Gazzetta de la Sport which was like a broadsheet newspaper mainly about football. Apparently Francesco Totti had been spotted at a restaurant in Rome with his wife on a Thursday and supporters had grassed him up to the Roma chairman because he'd been seen drinking one glass of wine!

There was a full page of it and the Chairman said, 'Francesco has to remember we own him, he's our peice of meat, we will speak to him and advise him'. Continue to report it if you see him out!

Wow! Now that was pressure then compared to our lot over here in the 90's!

I subsequently went to a pre-season friendly at Roma v Inter and adopted them as my Italian team. On the day we won the Premiership, there were celebratory banners for Ranieri and Leicester outside the stadium. Family sent me media images of Roma players in a bar in Roma players wearing Leicester shirts!

Unreal isn't it?

I thought you were going to say they were moaning Totti was sipping white wine, it should've been red lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Insanely good appointment. Whisper it but Does Rudkin deserve a modicum of credit for getting it so right? He would definitely be getting a fair bit of blame if we hired Russell Martin and sat in 13th like Southampton. 

...he wasn't his appointment, I am sure there is a post on here, stating that he was not the choice of Rudkin!!!

His pre match interview was funny, when asked about the changes and if they’d work he said “I don’t know”. Weirdly I think he’s good at taking the pressure off of players. The strategy is so clear that they can even have doubts and the tactics will still be good enough. Under Brendan, basically every player declined. Under Enzo, we have already seen improvements in almost every player who has played. After the slump the club was in, to do what he’s done in such a short time is incredible. And we’ve only just begun. 

• Like 3

Going really well. Seems to have instilled some high standards on and off the pitch, and every player knows what is expected of them. We seem to have leaders and a team, instead if just a few individuals lumped together. 

There's ambition about him which has filtered into the squad and the club. 

And the best thing is that you'd expect it only to improve the more that everyone becomes settled under his regime. 

Hope we're all buckled in for this ride :D

Edited by StanSP

The difference between Rodgers and Enzo is literally miles apart Enzos football literally makes Rodgers look like an utter dinosaur and Rodgers ball so out of date. I do think if Rodgers doesn’t change the way he thinks and plays the game he won’t be getting another job in the premier league. Enzos come in and made players believe in themselves again it’s refreshing once this enzo team gets playing at like 70%-80% it’s scary to believe how good we can be bring it on Enzo 👍🏻

and he’s got jannick playing 😳

8 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Costs us £5m to play him apparently but Enzo won't care if he thinks it's the right thing to do.

The more time goes by the less I believe this to be honest. We've registered him in the squad, we've obviously budgeted for that 5m if its even true and a couple of credible sources have said its rubbish and the rumour actually came out of nowhere. 

As much as I obviously like Daka and didn't want to believe it, I think it's more likely that it's true he asked not to play so he could get a move. I don't think this came in the form of downing tools and straight refusing as Maresca has said he was happy and training the whole time and there's plenty of photo evidence to support that.

But I do think he and his agent between them reckoned that the Championship was beneath them and they'd be able to get a move, which hasn't happened. 

Maresca has said he's a part of the squad, he's a good all round player and that he's a decent character so I don't think there's any reason to doubt he'll get his chance. But he's obviously going to have to wait patiently for it because Vardy and Iheanacho have shown loyalty and scored goals so they're going to be ahead of him in the pecking order. 

I suspect Daka is still just a little on the naughty step to an extent and will get a bit of a chance to prove himself in the coming weeks. 

• Like 3

Breath of fresh air after his predecessor and is managing the squad incredibly well. Will hold my hands up and say I thought last night’s line up didn’t have enough to beat a good Norwich side but we won, the players that came in were fantastic, and we managed to give some important players a load off for the evening.